Just deal it. Why buy selvedge if you dont want to put up with (initially) uncomfortable clothing?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- brandTaylor Stitchtagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- itemTaylor Stitch Cone Mills Flatout 10 oz denim shirttagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
Related Forum Threads
- Brooks Brothers Red Fleece White Oxford with Grosgrain Trim Last post on Yesterday at 8:40 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Epaulet Salt Washed Oxford, BNWT, Antique Gray, Large Last post on Yesterday at 11:41 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Our Legacy 1950s Shirt in Black Denim 46 (Small) Last post on 12/7/16 at 9:24am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Thomas Pink Freddie Plain Pink Super Slim Fit Button Cuff Shirt Size 15 / EU 38 Last post on 12/5/16 at 6:37pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gitman Bros. Vintage indigo Oxford shirt tagged size small Last post on 12/5/16 at 4:25pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 162post #2416 of 33051/12/16 at 10:37ampost #2417 of 33051/12/16 at 10:43amQuote:
i just ordered one but im sure it comes down to wearing the hell out of to soften it up. i have a rogue ISC 12.5 oz shirt. ive worn it several times and its still not broken in. either way its a journey so start wearing it often and beat it uppost #2418 of 33051/12/16 at 10:56amQuote:Quote:
Noted. Thank you both. I didn't know if the rules changed on shirt vs pants | canvas vs denim.
I will wear this hair shirt for my sartorial penance.post #2419 of 33051/12/16 at 1:03pmpost #2420 of 33051/12/16 at 4:30pmpost #2421 of 33051/12/16 at 5:16pm
I received my ISC canvas shirt today. Great material but longer in the body and arms than what i have tried on in other TS shirts. I have a 46 that I am going to return unless someone wants to buy it at cost plus shipping......can't wait to see how you guys shirts wear.
And my white covered couch will live another day without blue rubbing off on it when i forget to cover it before sitting downpost #2422 of 33051/12/16 at 9:55pmQuote:
Lol. I'm returning mine because I don't want to do the pennance and I don't think the cut is worth the effort.
Enjoy!post #2423 of 33051/13/16 at 3:23pmpost #2424 of 33051/15/16 at 5:23ampost #2425 of 33051/15/16 at 6:39ampost #2426 of 33051/15/16 at 9:33amQuote:Originally Posted by shakemyhandplz
Isn't it up already?
@shakemyhandplz you're making my job easier. Hopefully that means I'm getting a raise thissss year.
@gaseousclay They're live and well. Let me know if you'e got any fit/ construction questions... I've got yalls back.
Happy Friday fellas,
mgpost #2427 of 33051/15/16 at 10:40amQuote:
thanks, Mike. i'm good on size. I just followed the fit guide, so I think i'm safe. awesome jacket thoughpost #2428 of 33051/15/16 at 11:06ampost #2429 of 33051/15/16 at 11:23am
Also, ATTN ISC BUYERS / CONE MILLS UTILITY SHIRT FELLAS
I've seen lots of chatter about arm length and what not, feel free to DM me questions. Our production lead is out today in LA but I can see if I can get you all answers.
More importantly, I wanted to deliver care instructions:
FIRST OFF: Should you choose to wash or soak your shirt, please do so separate from all other garments!
Most of you know or have been commenting about this compared to raw jeans. Just like raw jeans, this shirt is highly saturated with indigo dye and the dye will run. In fact, in the words of our Southern-bred production manager, the shirt will "bleed like a stuck pig".
With that in mind, the best prep to get the most out of this beauty is as follows:
Soak overnight in a bucket of lukewarm water.
Transfer to another bucket of clean water, and let soak for another 8-12 hours.
Now, you’re ready to wash the shirt in the washing machine. Wash the shirt by itself in a gentle cycle with cold water and mild detergent.
NOTE: if you wash this shirt before rinsing excess dye out of it, the simultaneous run of the dye and friction during the wash cycle may cause the fabric to fade. You’ll be left with a splotchy, less-than-perfect shirt.
Happy Friday all,
mgpost #2430 of 33051/15/16 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Don L
So I am typically a true 42 ( XL in Epaulet jackets, shirts). I went 42 on the ISC shirt which is in transit. Should I be OK?
Thinking of the waxed trucker and want to make sure I size right.
Already ordered the blackwatch project coat in 42
Did you reference the size chart for the waxed trucker? I ordered the 42 which has a p2p measurement of 44" which would work for me. I can only wear tops that have a minimum p2p of 43", so 44" seems ideal should I need to layer. Measure your best fitting jacket and go from there
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 42 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 14 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...