Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- brandTaylor Stitchtagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- itemTaylor Stitch Cone Mills Flatout 10 oz denim shirttagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
Related Forum Threads
- LEMAIRE Wool Fannel Shirt Jacket - size 4/50, fits M/L Last post on Yesterday at 2:41 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Barba Napoli shirts 15.75/40 Last post on Yesterday at 2:28 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RRL Linen/Cotton Check workshirt (gingham check) XL Last post on Yesterday at 1:12 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NWT Kiton Shirt 16 / 41 Classic Color & Pattern, Beautiful Strong Collar Last post on 2/18/17 at 7:12pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Epaulet x New England Heavyweight Flannel Shirt - Small Last post on 2/18/17 at 8:33am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 17post #241 of 33779/16/12 at 10:33ampost #242 of 33779/16/12 at 6:39pmThread Starterpost #243 of 33779/17/12 at 7:03ampost #244 of 33779/18/12 at 9:10pmThread StarterGents.
It's that time of the week again. We got into some great organic cotton chambray from a mill in Portugal. It has an awesome weight and wonderful hand.
Comes in Red, Blue and Charcoal.
Per usual, get yourself first crack with the discount code STAPLECHAMBRAY. It's good through tomorrow evening.
Hope you enjoy.
TS.post #245 of 33779/19/12 at 1:42am
I did not know that there was a Taylor Stitch thread on styleforum until an hour ago, so I made an account just to post on this thread. I bought the Gilt City deal (a white and a blue oxford for $168) in March, and it has since proved to be one of the best deals ever. I'm always happy to support products made in the USA, and with Taylor Stitch being so close to home, I was not going to pass up a chance to get some of their critically acclaimed, Bay Area made shirts. I originally got them both in size 36 and I thought it worked but I eventually realized that it was too tight. (That was my fault for not measuring properly. The construction is second to none). I had only worn the blue one up to that point, and I was worried about whether or not I'd be able to exchange. However, I came to this realization in May/maybe early June, by which time the oxfords had disappeared from the website. In the meantime I ordered the flag khadi in 36 as well, but it was also too small. I became busy with other things around that time over summer, so I never got around to returning anything.
Fast forward to August. By this time I noticed that the oxfords were back in stock, so I emailed asking if I could exchange them. I was assured that this was indeed possible, but I forgot to print out the mailing label and went on for a few more days. Luckily, I had an excuse to go up to the city during the second week of August, so I decided to finally visit the Taylor Stitch store as well. It was awesome. The staff was very helpful and my exchange was very stress free. I can't wait to go back the next time I'm in San Francisco.
As for my unfortunately too small flag khadi, I had been hopeful that I would somehow shrink in order to fit into the shirt. I love the material, and as mentioned above, it is miles ahead of linen as a warm weather fabric. I went outside in 95 degree weather with it the first time I tried it on, and I can honestly say that I have never felt more comfortable in heat like that. Sadly, I did not shrink, so I returned the shirt with the free shipping label. That was not a fun time. I got an email two days later letting me know that my return had been received. I asked about my refund, and I got a very fast reply explaining that since it had been over 30 days since my purchase, the online payment system would not allow a refund. Because of that, I was instead mailed a check. I received that check two days later.
I guess the whole point of this mini essay I just wrote is to say that you guys are awesome. You make a great product, have great service, and are always open to feedback. I know you're not originally from this part of the country, but you do the Bay proud. I'll definitely continue to shop at Taylor Stitch and keep spreading the word.
PS- Please bring back the flag khadi next year. I promise I'll get the correct size this time.post #246 of 33779/19/12 at 3:47pmThread Starterpost #247 of 33779/19/12 at 5:36pmpost #248 of 33779/23/12 at 8:16pmpost #249 of 33779/23/12 at 9:03pmpost #250 of 33779/24/12 at 11:28amThread StarterI can promise chino's right before Christmas. The plan is to do a heavy weight 12oz Italian twill in 4 colors. Also planning on having 4 colors of Cords before Christmas as well.
Just as an update, we will have a 13oz black Kurabo mills jean coming out next week.
We did have 500 pairs of Chinos ready for the start of September but the dye house burned down with all the pants inside. Yikes!!!post #251 of 33779/24/12 at 12:23pmpost #252 of 33779/25/12 at 6:48pmThread StarterGood evening everyone.
Back by popular demand and many people that didn't get in on the action the first time we have brought back 3 collections of our best selling shirts from recent times.
The Speckled Jacks, Indigo Prints (with addition of one more) and the Indigo Stars are all back in stock for an encore performance...
Use the code THEGREATRELAUNCH at checkout now through tomorrow night to get yours before they disappear forever. It'll give you a little 10% ff kick.
As always, free shipping both ways and let us know if we can assist with anything.
Enjoy!post #253 of 33779/25/12 at 8:38pmpost #254 of 33779/25/12 at 9:10pmGreat, just picked up the natural speckle I missed the first time.
On a side note, just got around to wearing my cone mills denim shirt. The sleeves seem really long (1-1.5 inches). I know there was an error on the 1st batch with long sleeves, but did it happen again on the 2nd? I'll try to get an accurate measurement tomorrow.post #255 of 33779/26/12 at 11:25am
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Luigi Borrelli Napoli (Main Line - Full Handmade) Suit EU52 / US42 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 7 minutes ago
- › All Styles Considered: An Arts Magazine from StyleForum Users 8 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 9 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 10 minutes ago
- › New Luminox Watch, Navy Seal Colormark 3053 Blue 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway