Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- brandTaylor Stitchtagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- itemTaylor Stitch Cone Mills Flatout 10 oz denim shirttagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
Related Forum Threads
- NWOT Thom Browne heavyweight Oxford Shirt 1 Small Last post on Today at 5:25 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWOT Orslow Houndstooth Wool Shirt 3 Medium Last post on Today at 12:25 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- CLASSIC SHIRTS! J. Press, Brooks Bros. Golden Fleece, Turnbull & Asser, Thresher &... Last post on Yesterday at 9:59 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Roda shirts! Two 41, one 40, all with MOP buttons. Last post on 8/27/16 at 4:11pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Gitman Bros Vintage tweed shirt, size M Last post on 8/27/16 at 12:58pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 17post #241 of 30539/16/12 at 10:33ampost #242 of 30539/16/12 at 6:39pmThread Starterpost #243 of 30539/17/12 at 7:03ampost #244 of 30539/18/12 at 9:10pmThread StarterGents.
It's that time of the week again. We got into some great organic cotton chambray from a mill in Portugal. It has an awesome weight and wonderful hand.
Comes in Red, Blue and Charcoal.
Per usual, get yourself first crack with the discount code STAPLECHAMBRAY. It's good through tomorrow evening.
Hope you enjoy.
TS.post #245 of 30539/19/12 at 1:42am
I did not know that there was a Taylor Stitch thread on styleforum until an hour ago, so I made an account just to post on this thread. I bought the Gilt City deal (a white and a blue oxford for $168) in March, and it has since proved to be one of the best deals ever. I'm always happy to support products made in the USA, and with Taylor Stitch being so close to home, I was not going to pass up a chance to get some of their critically acclaimed, Bay Area made shirts. I originally got them both in size 36 and I thought it worked but I eventually realized that it was too tight. (That was my fault for not measuring properly. The construction is second to none). I had only worn the blue one up to that point, and I was worried about whether or not I'd be able to exchange. However, I came to this realization in May/maybe early June, by which time the oxfords had disappeared from the website. In the meantime I ordered the flag khadi in 36 as well, but it was also too small. I became busy with other things around that time over summer, so I never got around to returning anything.
Fast forward to August. By this time I noticed that the oxfords were back in stock, so I emailed asking if I could exchange them. I was assured that this was indeed possible, but I forgot to print out the mailing label and went on for a few more days. Luckily, I had an excuse to go up to the city during the second week of August, so I decided to finally visit the Taylor Stitch store as well. It was awesome. The staff was very helpful and my exchange was very stress free. I can't wait to go back the next time I'm in San Francisco.
As for my unfortunately too small flag khadi, I had been hopeful that I would somehow shrink in order to fit into the shirt. I love the material, and as mentioned above, it is miles ahead of linen as a warm weather fabric. I went outside in 95 degree weather with it the first time I tried it on, and I can honestly say that I have never felt more comfortable in heat like that. Sadly, I did not shrink, so I returned the shirt with the free shipping label. That was not a fun time. I got an email two days later letting me know that my return had been received. I asked about my refund, and I got a very fast reply explaining that since it had been over 30 days since my purchase, the online payment system would not allow a refund. Because of that, I was instead mailed a check. I received that check two days later.
I guess the whole point of this mini essay I just wrote is to say that you guys are awesome. You make a great product, have great service, and are always open to feedback. I know you're not originally from this part of the country, but you do the Bay proud. I'll definitely continue to shop at Taylor Stitch and keep spreading the word.
PS- Please bring back the flag khadi next year. I promise I'll get the correct size this time.post #246 of 30539/19/12 at 3:47pmThread Starterpost #247 of 30539/19/12 at 5:36pmpost #248 of 30539/23/12 at 8:16pmpost #249 of 30539/23/12 at 9:03pmpost #250 of 30539/24/12 at 11:28amThread StarterI can promise chino's right before Christmas. The plan is to do a heavy weight 12oz Italian twill in 4 colors. Also planning on having 4 colors of Cords before Christmas as well.
Just as an update, we will have a 13oz black Kurabo mills jean coming out next week.
We did have 500 pairs of Chinos ready for the start of September but the dye house burned down with all the pants inside. Yikes!!!post #251 of 30539/24/12 at 12:23pmpost #252 of 30539/25/12 at 6:48pmThread StarterGood evening everyone.
Back by popular demand and many people that didn't get in on the action the first time we have brought back 3 collections of our best selling shirts from recent times.
The Speckled Jacks, Indigo Prints (with addition of one more) and the Indigo Stars are all back in stock for an encore performance...
Use the code THEGREATRELAUNCH at checkout now through tomorrow night to get yours before they disappear forever. It'll give you a little 10% ff kick.
As always, free shipping both ways and let us know if we can assist with anything.
Enjoy!post #253 of 30539/25/12 at 8:38pmpost #254 of 30539/25/12 at 9:10pmGreat, just picked up the natural speckle I missed the first time.
On a side note, just got around to wearing my cone mills denim shirt. The sleeves seem really long (1-1.5 inches). I know there was an error on the 1st batch with long sleeves, but did it happen again on the 2nd? I'll try to get an accurate measurement tomorrow.post #255 of 30539/26/12 at 11:25am
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 7 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Tennis Trainer in Steerhide Saddle - size 9 13 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 15 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding