Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryShirtstagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- brandTaylor Stitchtagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
- itemTaylor Stitch Cone Mills Flatout 10 oz denim shirttagged by LA Guy, 8/17/15
Related Forum Threads
- Comme des Garcons White Poplin Shirt, Size M (fits 48-52) Last post on Today at 2:20 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Comme des Garcons White Velcro Shirt, M (fits oversized) Last post on Today at 2:17 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- 3sixteen Cream Crosscut Flannel Tagged XL (fits M/L) - slightly used Last post on Today at 12:53 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Band of Outsiders Shirts (Navy, Turtle Dove) Size 0 XS Last post on Today at 3:06 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- NWT Uniqlo x Lemaire Men's Collarless Long Sleeve Shirt XS Last post on Today at 2:55 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 17post #241 of 25049/16/12 at 10:33am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #242 of 25049/16/12 at 6:39pmThread Starterpost #243 of 25049/17/12 at 7:03ampost #244 of 25049/18/12 at 9:10pmThread StarterGents.
It's that time of the week again. We got into some great organic cotton chambray from a mill in Portugal. It has an awesome weight and wonderful hand.
Comes in Red, Blue and Charcoal.
Per usual, get yourself first crack with the discount code STAPLECHAMBRAY. It's good through tomorrow evening.
Hope you enjoy.
TS.post #245 of 25049/19/12 at 1:42am
I did not know that there was a Taylor Stitch thread on styleforum until an hour ago, so I made an account just to post on this thread. I bought the Gilt City deal (a white and a blue oxford for $168) in March, and it has since proved to be one of the best deals ever. I'm always happy to support products made in the USA, and with Taylor Stitch being so close to home, I was not going to pass up a chance to get some of their critically acclaimed, Bay Area made shirts. I originally got them both in size 36 and I thought it worked but I eventually realized that it was too tight. (That was my fault for not measuring properly. The construction is second to none). I had only worn the blue one up to that point, and I was worried about whether or not I'd be able to exchange. However, I came to this realization in May/maybe early June, by which time the oxfords had disappeared from the website. In the meantime I ordered the flag khadi in 36 as well, but it was also too small. I became busy with other things around that time over summer, so I never got around to returning anything.
Fast forward to August. By this time I noticed that the oxfords were back in stock, so I emailed asking if I could exchange them. I was assured that this was indeed possible, but I forgot to print out the mailing label and went on for a few more days. Luckily, I had an excuse to go up to the city during the second week of August, so I decided to finally visit the Taylor Stitch store as well. It was awesome. The staff was very helpful and my exchange was very stress free. I can't wait to go back the next time I'm in San Francisco.
As for my unfortunately too small flag khadi, I had been hopeful that I would somehow shrink in order to fit into the shirt. I love the material, and as mentioned above, it is miles ahead of linen as a warm weather fabric. I went outside in 95 degree weather with it the first time I tried it on, and I can honestly say that I have never felt more comfortable in heat like that. Sadly, I did not shrink, so I returned the shirt with the free shipping label. That was not a fun time. I got an email two days later letting me know that my return had been received. I asked about my refund, and I got a very fast reply explaining that since it had been over 30 days since my purchase, the online payment system would not allow a refund. Because of that, I was instead mailed a check. I received that check two days later.
I guess the whole point of this mini essay I just wrote is to say that you guys are awesome. You make a great product, have great service, and are always open to feedback. I know you're not originally from this part of the country, but you do the Bay proud. I'll definitely continue to shop at Taylor Stitch and keep spreading the word.
PS- Please bring back the flag khadi next year. I promise I'll get the correct size this time.post #246 of 25049/19/12 at 3:47pmThread Starterpost #247 of 25049/19/12 at 5:36pmpost #248 of 25049/23/12 at 8:16pmpost #249 of 25049/23/12 at 9:03pmpost #250 of 25049/24/12 at 11:28amThread StarterI can promise chino's right before Christmas. The plan is to do a heavy weight 12oz Italian twill in 4 colors. Also planning on having 4 colors of Cords before Christmas as well.
Just as an update, we will have a 13oz black Kurabo mills jean coming out next week.
We did have 500 pairs of Chinos ready for the start of September but the dye house burned down with all the pants inside. Yikes!!!post #251 of 25049/24/12 at 12:23pmpost #252 of 25049/25/12 at 6:48pmThread StarterGood evening everyone.
Back by popular demand and many people that didn't get in on the action the first time we have brought back 3 collections of our best selling shirts from recent times.
The Speckled Jacks, Indigo Prints (with addition of one more) and the Indigo Stars are all back in stock for an encore performance...
Use the code THEGREATRELAUNCH at checkout now through tomorrow night to get yours before they disappear forever. It'll give you a little 10% ff kick.
As always, free shipping both ways and let us know if we can assist with anything.
Enjoy!post #253 of 25049/25/12 at 8:38pmpost #254 of 25049/25/12 at 9:10pmGreat, just picked up the natural speckle I missed the first time.
On a side note, just got around to wearing my cone mills denim shirt. The sleeves seem really long (1-1.5 inches). I know there was an error on the 1st batch with long sleeves, but did it happen again on the 2nd? I'll try to get an accurate measurement tomorrow.
- Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...