or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 151

post #2251 of 3304

@mikegnthensome

 

I'm thinking of purchasing the Task Jacket. Would there be any issue with the material if I wax the outside since the interior is lined? 

post #2252 of 3304
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnew View Post
 

@mikegnthensome

 

I'm thinking of purchasing the Task Jacket. Would there be any issue with the material if I wax the outside since the interior is lined? 

@cnew I like where your heads at. There will be no issue waxing the outer shell, just understand  that once waxed, it can't be washed. Only spot cleaned.

 

And we recommend our buddies over at Otterwax. 

post #2253 of 3304
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegnthensome View Post
 

@cnew I like where your heads at. There will be no issue waxing the outer shell, just understand  that once waxed, it can't be washed. Only spot cleaned.

 

And we recommend our buddies over at Otterwax. 


I think they even have product suggestions for lined vs unlined garments.

post #2254 of 3304

My Telegraph (Ash) jacket & trousers arrive today!  Hoping the jacket fits well enough to bring along with me for a trip (leaving tomorrow).  I'll have to get it tailored when I get back.

 

Anyone else receive theirs yet?

post #2255 of 3304
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnew View Post

@mikegnthensome


I'm thinking of purchasing the Task Jacket. Would there be any issue with the material if I wax the outside since the interior is lined? 

I was thinking the same thing just to make it water repellent. Wanna wax mine? Lol
post #2256 of 3304
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit402 View Post


I was thinking the same thing just to make it water repellent. Wanna wax mine? Lol

Sure! The cost for such craftsmanship will be roughly $138. After fifteen days, my prices go up to $168.:rotflmao:

post #2257 of 3304
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnew View Post

Sure! The cost for such craftsmanship will be roughly $138. After fifteen days, my prices go up to $168.rotflmao.gif

Lmao! Well done sir, well done.
post #2258 of 3304
I received my Telegraph suits today (I'd ordered in both colors). Just decided it wasn't for me. It was cut wrong for my body type (the chest pocket and top button both felt shifted up a bit, and the lapels were short). Probably too casual of a suit for me as well, though that's moot since I can't really wear it well anyway. Ah well, hence my love for TS, since I can return it.

On another note, Task Jacket looks super gorgeous. Just wish it had hand pockets, I have a strict "no jackets without hand pockets" rule for myself.
post #2259 of 3304
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

I received my Telegraph suits today (I'd ordered in both colors). Just decided it wasn't for me. It was cut wrong for my body type (the chest pocket and top button both felt shifted up a bit, and the lapels were short). Probably too casual of a suit for me as well, though that's moot since I can't really wear it well anyway. Ah well, hence my love for TS, since I can return it.

On another note, Task Jacket looks super gorgeous. Just wish it had hand pockets, I have a strict "no jackets without hand pockets" rule for myself.

I hear you. I've notice Taylor Stitch is really big on the shirt-jacket style. I'll probably end up looking around for another waxed jacket.

post #2260 of 3304
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

I received my Telegraph suits today (I'd ordered in both colors). Just decided it wasn't for me. It was cut wrong for my body type (the chest pocket and top button both felt shifted up a bit, and the lapels were short). Probably too casual of a suit for me as well, though that's moot since I can't really wear it well anyway. Ah well, hence my love for TS, since I can return it.

On another note, Task Jacket looks super gorgeous. Just wish it had hand pockets, I have a strict "no jackets without hand pockets" rule for myself.

No hand pockets? Shit. Didn't notice that. I might be out too.
post #2261 of 3304
My charcoal telegraph trousers were delivered today. These were my first TS pants and I'm impressed. I really like the fabric, the yarns are nice and thick and it makes for a very cool texture with the herringbone weave. I wore them for a little bit to make sure I like the fit and they are going to be nice and warm. They are amazingly soft also. I'll need to get them to my tailor to have them hemmed and I'm thinking about having the waist taken in too. The hips and thighs fit me really well but the waist is a bit big on me. I was looking at the stitching and I'm pretty sure they could be taken in fairly easily. Has anyone done that on their telegraph pants before?
post #2262 of 3304

Any recommendations for taller guys in the work/utility shirt department? I'm 6'3 so finding non-dress button ups can be tricky, especially ones that are longer in length but still have the slim taper cut to them. I find anything thats shorter than 29-30 inches in length just looks silly on my frame especially since I wear mine untucked, but sizing up to gain the extra length usually equates to sleeves and waist being to long almost like im wearing a hockey jersey lol 

post #2263 of 3304

Anyone interested in a M40 Confetti Chambray they released recently, drop me a PM. Figured I'd offer it here before it goes back into inventory.

post #2264 of 3304
I just received a Jack in Black, which is my first TS shirt. Does anyone have suggestions for care? I assume I should wash cold, hang dry? Any other guidelines, caveats or tips?
post #2265 of 3304
That's what I do with mine and haven't had a single issue.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread