or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 148

post #2206 of 3343
Could anyone decipher the fulfillment date from the Rover jacket? I searched the page a few times as I contemplated funding it and I did not see a "ship between" date
post #2207 of 3343
Is it me or does the weight of the jacket seem a little light with a 6oz waxed cotton? Also the sleeves are unlined so it seems like you would have to still layer up? Can anyone tell me about moleskin?
post #2208 of 3343
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantfade_me View Post

Could anyone decipher the fulfillment date from the Rover jacket? I searched the page a few times as I contemplated funding it and I did not see a "ship between" date


I know you're probably looking for something a bit more exact but approximately 2 months is what I've seen on everything, with a few items coming significantly earlier.  I don't have any experience with any kind of waxed clothing but I'm all over that dark olive.  Looks great to me. 

post #2209 of 3343

I think it's perfect for us bay area folks for all year round, but might be lacking for people who actually have cold weather lol.

 

I'm debating on funding one just to try it out but I still have my marine layer heritage jacket and that was 10oz waxed and flannel lined. Feels too warm to me most times I wear it haha.

post #2210 of 3343
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

Looks nice.  But I gotta wonder since they are touting the protection from the elements angle if the sleeves are going to be appropriately long enough to say keep my watch dry.

I really want to buy some of their outerwear but the sleeves are just too short.

I think you just have abnormally long arms for your size if their sleeves are short...they seem pretty standard, if not a tad bit long.

Regardless, new jacket looks cool but the unlined sleeves sort of kill it for me. At 6.25 oz they're like heavy garbage bags.
Edited by Klemins - 11/5/15 at 4:47pm
post #2211 of 3343
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantfade_me View Post

Could anyone decipher the fulfillment date from the Rover jacket? I searched the page a few times as I contemplated funding it and I did not see a "ship between" date

Got a reply on IG. Feb 8-12 estimated ship.
Edited by gambit402 - 11/5/15 at 12:31pm
post #2212 of 3343

I bought a pair of the Slim Jeans from Yoshiwa Mills, in black.

 

http://www.taylorstitch.com/collections/denim/products/14-oz-yoshiwa-mills-selvage-denim-slim-fit

 

I am disappointed in my first purchase from Taylor Stitch for the following reasons;

 

Quality control - the store clerk said the white marks on the pants were just chalk marks, it was really white threads that were in the denim.  Meaning, wherever these pants came from they were likely seconds, or were not checked for mistakes.

 

Fit - These pants claim to have a "longer crotch".  Well, Im 5'10",  and the crotch is so obnoxiously long that it makes walking at all, or climbing stairs, a totally uncomfortable experience.  Obviously something I didnt pick up on in the dressing room at the SF store. I live in NYC and walk miles almost everyday, so this is not gonna work.  My tailer also caught that the legs were significantly longer than most un-hemmed denim.  Given the extremely longer crotch, and the longer than normal legs,  I have to conclude that these pants are made for tall men.  Overall the fit is extremely poor and I am sending them back.

 

I contacted their customer service and the process was confusing.  People would respond to the email and offer to help, then disappear and never respond again.  Their customer service is what I would call challenging at best.

 

I buy a lot from RRL and Self Edge and would consider myself a fairly savvy buyer, even though I rushed this buy as I was going to buy tacos in SF.  I have also owned and run apparel start ups, so I am not into Yelp bashing.  I think if they get some constructive feedback it will make this company better.  I doubt I will make another purchase.

post #2213 of 3343
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughanNYC View Post
 

I bought a pair of the Slim Jeans from Yoshiwa Mills, in black.

 

http://www.taylorstitch.com/collections/denim/products/14-oz-yoshiwa-mills-selvage-denim-slim-fit

 

I am disappointed in my first purchase from Taylor Stitch for the following reasons;

 

Quality control - the store clerk said the white marks on the pants were just chalk marks, it was really white threads that were in the denim.  Meaning, wherever these pants came from they were likely seconds, or were not checked for mistakes.

 

Fit - These pants claim to have a "longer crotch".  Well, Im 5'10",  and the crotch is so obnoxiously long that it makes walking at all, or climbing stairs, a totally uncomfortable experience.  Obviously something I didnt pick up on in the dressing room at the SF store. I live in NYC and walk miles almost everyday, so this is not gonna work.  My tailer also caught that the legs were significantly longer than most un-hemmed denim.  Given the extremely longer crotch, and the longer than normal legs,  I have to conclude that these pants are made for tall men.  Overall the fit is extremely poor and I am sending them back.

 

I contacted their customer service and the process was confusing.  People would respond to the email and offer to help, then disappear and never respond again.  Their customer service is what I would call challenging at best.

 

I buy a lot from RRL and Self Edge and would consider myself a fairly savvy buyer, even though I rushed this buy as I was going to buy tacos in SF.  I have also owned and run apparel start ups, so I am not into Yelp bashing.  I think if they get some constructive feedback it will make this company better.  I doubt I will make another purchase.


So out of curiosity, what ARE the measurements for the rise and inseam? I mean, the guide says measurements that I would expect to find. For example, I'm a 34 so an 11" rise isn't unusual and an inseam of 36" is pretty standard. If your measurements are off, I'm sure they would be helpful. TS has pretty solid cs in my opinion, but that's unfortunate that you seem to be having a bad time with it.

 

Also, would you care to elaborate on the white threads? Were they just loose or stray threads that got sewn in somehow at seams or are they physically in the fabric itself?

post #2214 of 3343

I been to the Valencia store a couple of times to make a purchase and had a long gap in between purchases. They have always given me great service. If that specific pair of jeans had flaws to you, why not opt to pick a different one in the same size? I'm pretty new to the game of denim but like above isn't  a 36" inseam standard in case you want to hem or just fold into cuffs? 

 

Hopefully, they help resolve your issue as they usually respond pretty quick. Maybe give the live chat a try to see if it works better for a return response.

 

Speaking of stray threads, I'm wearing my swift mills work shirt and it does have a couple around the areas where you button. Quick snip should fix it.


Edited by drewcandraw - 11/6/15 at 3:49pm
post #2215 of 3343

Im just going by fit, as the crotch on this is extremely low, making the fit and wearability pretty bad.  The stray threads are white, so on a black pair of pants they stick out bad.  Its a bunch of stray white threads together, so it looks like a white stain on the paints on the upper thigh, it sticks out badly.  Given the customer service, the return process has been challenging at best.  So much so that I would rather just eat the cost of $185 and chalk it up to lost money.

post #2216 of 3343

I'm very surprised to hear about a difficult return process because my experience with a return was incredibly easy. I got an RMA with USPS prepaid sticker within 24 hours and then when I noticed delivery confirmation it was 3-4 days for them to issue me the credit which I had requested. Considering the size of their operation, I consider this to be reasonable.

post #2217 of 3343
Quote:
Originally Posted by metals37 View Post
 

I'm very surprised to hear about a difficult return process because my experience with a return was incredibly easy. I got an RMA with USPS prepaid sticker within 24 hours and then when I noticed delivery confirmation it was 3-4 days for them to issue me the credit which I had requested. Considering the size of their operation, I consider this to be reasonable.

+1. I returned an unworn shirt about six months after purchasing (it was just too long for me, and I kept hemming and hawing about keeping it until I just tried the automated return process) and there were no issues whatsoever. Turned the credit into a Yosemite shirt, which I'm itching to try once I'm back from a long trip. The process could really not have been much smoother.

post #2218 of 3343
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughanNYC View Post
 

Im just going by fit, as the crotch on this is extremely low, making the fit and wearability pretty bad.  The stray threads are white, so on a black pair of pants they stick out bad.  Its a bunch of stray white threads together, so it looks like a white stain on the paints on the upper thigh, it sticks out badly.  Given the customer service, the return process has been challenging at best.  So much so that I would rather just eat the cost of $185 and chalk it up to lost money.


Send contact@taylorstitch.com an email with your order number asking for a prepaid return label.  They will reply to your email with an attached prepaid return label.  Place clothes in a box, package, and place label on box.  Deliver box to approved parcel service.  In about a week, you will see +$185 on your credit card statement. 

 

You mentioned eating the cost of $185 due to being challenged by the return process.  I just spelled it out for you.  Please mail me a check for half of the return amount.  Since you were going to accept a -185 no questions asked, you shouldn't mind sending me half for the trouble I just took.  Thanks in advance (PM me for details about sending me the money). 

post #2219 of 3343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoc View Post


Send contact@taylorstitch.com an email with your order number asking for a prepaid return label.  They will reply to your email with an attached prepaid return label.  Place clothes in a box, package, and place label on box.  Deliver box to approved parcel service.  In about a week, you will see +$185 on your credit card statement. 

You mentioned eating the cost of $185 due to being challenged by the return process.  I just spelled it out for you.  Please mail me a check for half of the return amount.  Since you were going to accept a -185 no questions asked, you shouldn't mind sending me half for the trouble I just took.  Thanks in advance (PM me for details about sending me the money). 

There's also this on their website to initiate a return: http://www.taylorstitch.com/pages/returns-manager
post #2220 of 3343
I just swapped out 3 shirts for different sizes including ones that were funded and just completed like the black Yosemite and had no problems at all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread