or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 146

post #2176 of 3294

Is the measurement guide on TS's website pretty accurate?  I might want to try a shirt some time and typically order shirts with a chest measurement of 40".  From TS's guide, XS has a 40" chest and S has a 42" chest; just wanted to confirm because I never ordered an XS shirt. lol

 

Planning to order an Indigo Star Jack whenever they get re-stocked

post #2177 of 3294
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post
 

Is the measurement guide on TS's website pretty accurate?  I might want to try a shirt some time and typically order shirts with a chest measurement of 40".  From TS's guide, XS has a 40" chest and S has a 42" chest; just wanted to confirm because I never ordered an XS shirt. lol

 

Planning to order an Indigo Star Jack whenever they get re-stocked

 

I would like to know as well. If this is accurate, I'd have to go with XS too. But the sleeves would be way too short. 

post #2178 of 3294
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post
 

Is the measurement guide on TS's website pretty accurate?  I might want to try a shirt some time and typically order shirts with a chest measurement of 40".  From TS's guide, XS has a 40" chest and S has a 42" chest; just wanted to confirm because I never ordered an XS shirt. lol

 

Planning to order an Indigo Star Jack whenever they get re-stocked

Not sure if my information will help you at all lol but I ended up in a Large in the swift mills denim utility shirt. I tried on a XL and the chest just felt to baggy so I could have gotten it to wear as shacket. I tried on an oxford jack and large seemed to fit me well.

 

I tried on their Hyde collection and large seems to fit me well minus the neck opening. No way for me to button it all the way up. I have like the widest neck for my frame/height

 

For reference, I wear J.Crew/BR in large or slim large. I'm 5'8 190lbs stocky build as my physical therapists says haha.

post #2179 of 3294
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcandraw View Post
 

Not sure if my information will help you at all lol but I ended up in a Large in the swift mills denim utility shirt. I tried on a XL and the chest just felt to baggy so I could have gotten it to wear as shacket. I tried on an oxford jack and large seemed to fit me well.

 

I tried on their Hyde collection and large seems to fit me well minus the neck opening. No way for me to button it all the way up. I have like the widest neck for my frame/height

 

For reference, I wear J.Crew/BR in large or slim large. I'm 5'8 190lbs stocky build as my physical therapists says haha.

 

Thanks!  So, it seems like your normal J.Crew size translates well into TS.  I wear slim/regular small in J.Crew, but I'd likely order both XS and S from TS and return that one that doesn't fit well. 

post #2180 of 3294
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post

Thanks!  So, it seems like your normal J.Crew size translates well into TS.  I wear slim/regular small in J.Crew, but I'd likely order both XS and S from TS and return that one that doesn't fit well. 

I wear Jcrew Slim Large or Reg Med, typically 40S in suits - was advised to go med/40 by TS

havent actually tried yet, but may give them a shot soon
post #2181 of 3294
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit402 View Post


You lucky bastard! Praying I get one soon too.

I'm waiting too.

post #2182 of 3294
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbear View Post
 

 

The Indigo Star Jack and the Indigo Cherry Blossom are two bad ass shirts. I own both and have received many compliments. I don't own the pyramid but I'm sure it's more of the same. I would like to see similar styles in different colors. Maybe a black or red.


When do you find yourself wearing the cherry blossom?  I thought about wearing my pyramid to work one day but did a double take in the mirror and decided it wasn't quite right for that.  I think casual setting with jeans is really the only time I can personally see it working for me. 

post #2183 of 3294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeem View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Magat View Post

Thanks!  So, it seems like your normal J.Crew size translates well into TS.  I wear slim/regular small in J.Crew, but I'd likely order both XS and S from TS and return that one that doesn't fit well. 

I wear Jcrew Slim Large or Reg Med, typically 40S in suits - was advised to go med/40 by TS

havent actually tried yet, but may give them a shot soon

You might just order a 40 and a 42 and return, unless that's a hard $$ hit to swallow. Return policy is incredibly easy.
post #2184 of 3294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoc View Post


When do you find yourself wearing the cherry blossom?  I thought about wearing my pyramid to work one day but did a double take in the mirror and decided it wasn't quite right for that.  I think casual setting with jeans is really the only time I can personally see it working for me. 

I wore it on two dates. It went really well with faded A&G jeans and a brown jacket & shoes. It's definitely not officewear, though I have wore the stars shirt to work. I like bold and I like to stand out. Honestly it has limited use if you dont go out much unless you are the type to dress up to go get a coffee like you see in the pics.
post #2185 of 3294
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

Got me on that new utility shirt.

Now I wait 2.5 months...........

http://www.taylorstitch.com/products/the-utility-shirt-in-cone-mills-indigo-selvage-canvas

Just might have to snag that too
post #2186 of 3294
I wear a medium in 3sixteen shirts. Got a couple of shirts from TS in L and they're too big, particularly in the chest. I'm going to go medium because the waist does get slimmer.
post #2187 of 3294

If anyone wants to unload a Cherry Blossom in 38/SM let me know.  

post #2188 of 3294
I received my shipping notice for the Blackwatch Plaid Yosemite this morning too! Super stoked to be getting it early, I just wish the Southern California weather was more permissible to wearing it as well as most of my other TS utility shirts
post #2189 of 3294
Black watch Yosemite is dope. Can't wait for it to be a little cooler so I can work it into my rotation
post #2190 of 3294

It's the small things- the new TS boxes are really nice. I like the continuity of the maps they use inside pockets and on the box now. Clever and comforting. Speaking of the pockets, been wearing the black trucker a lot while waiting for the '68 Cone Mills (or the moto!) to arrive. I didn't think I'd have much to pair it with but it looks great with all the blue/denim/chambray stuff I have. Happy with it.

 

The Yosemite black watch will be a casualty of ordering too much damn stuff. It's great and soft and warm, though. Gotta make the tough decisions sometime.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread