or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 72

post #1066 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullspace View Post
 

Can anyone comment on the fit of the glacier denim shirt? I've heard that they run a bit trimmer compared to other TS shirts. Also, do you experience any noticeable stretching as you wear the shirt? Thanks!

Hey nullspace,

 

I received my size 366 black glacier denim on Monday and I would say that I did not notice it being drastically different than my size 36 9oz oxford, yosemite or highlands.  It may be a smidge trimmer, but nothing major from my perspective.

post #1067 of 1390

I own 3 of their shirts all 42. I ordered the Glacier shirt in a 42 and it was noticably slimmer. I ordered a 44 to decide which one would be better. The 44 was perfect. The dnim is pretty stretchy so it does give but doesnt remain. My recomendation is to size up one. FairEnds also recommends this.

Also if you intend to wear a s jacket or over anything besides a tshirt. Then may want to go 2 sizes.

post #1068 of 1390
Wish they would announce a winner of the rugby shirt Facebook contest before more sizes sell out
post #1069 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrig View Post

Wish they would announce a winner of the rugby shirt Facebook contest before more sizes sell out


Are you serious? If you want it that bad, buy the shirt...and if by chance you win it, why not have another in a different color or give it away as a gift.

post #1070 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post

So my duck canvas pants showed up - I can confirm that they fit pretty much the same as the original run of camp pants, and you should size up one from your chino size.

And it's just my luck that the camel colour is now sold out in my size frown.gif
If you need a 33 in camel PM me.
post #1071 of 1390
Well the reason they do it is to get some low-cost advertisement. It costs them one shirt and it garners tons of eyes. So it's not too much to ask, I don't think, to have a winner announced at the time they say they'll announce it, which the night before it goes on sale.
post #1072 of 1390

hey TS team....

 

i was reading the most recent blog post about the vintage Pepsi Rolex.  the last picture shows a leather carry tray w/ a TS logo stamped on it.  got any leads on where i could pick one of those leather trays up?  

post #1073 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post

So my duck canvas pants showed up - I can confirm that they fit pretty much the same as the original run of camp pants, and you should size up one from your chino size.

And it's just my luck that the camel colour is now sold out in my size frown.gif

I ended up returning the pants, I wore them around my place for a bit and the fit just wasn't right. I measured them and it turns out they are almost a whole size smaller than the original run of camp pants, which themselves were a size smaller than the size charts for TS pants indicate.

I love the concept that these guys are working towards and the stuff I have that does fit well are amongst the best clothes I own, but I can't understand how sizing can vary so much in a brand that's this small (and where the owners and designers are so deeply involved in the design and manufacturing process). It's irritating (and for me, expensive in shipping and duties). Perhaps I'm missing something (I do not and never have owned or operated a clothing line), but I think that TS really needs to tighten up this aspect of their operation (especially with regards to having accurate size charts for each style, not just generic charts).
post #1074 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrig View Post

Wish they would announce a winner of the rugby shirt Facebook contest before more sizes sell out

or buy then return if you wanted it so badly...dont just hope you win...ive been playing that card for 3 years every week but if there is something i want I buy it regardless, and am usually the first person to buying it.
post #1075 of 1390

ok.... let me just say, the TS Fella's freakin ROCK!!!!  Not only did I receive a TS garment bag earlier this week.... 

 

but I just got this leather carry tray delivered to my office, that I had asked about in a post above.  I am so stoked since I am have semi-crappy day at work.  thanks guys and i'll be down to see you in the New Year for some new shirts and suit!!!!!

 

bu 

post #1076 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post

I ended up returning the pants, I wore them around my place for a bit and the fit just wasn't right. I measured them and it turns out they are almost a whole size smaller than the original run of camp pants, which themselves were a size smaller than the size charts for TS pants indicate.

I love the concept that these guys are working towards and the stuff I have that does fit well are amongst the best clothes I own, but I can't understand how sizing can vary so much in a brand that's this small (and where the owners and designers are so deeply involved in the design and manufacturing process). It's irritating (and for me, expensive in shipping and duties). Perhaps I'm missing something (I do not and never have owned or operated a clothing line), but I think that TS really needs to tighten up this aspect of their operation (especially with regards to having accurate size charts for each style, not just generic charts).

Yes. I'm a TS fan but this could be better.
Still surprised by the whole run of denim utility shirts that were 2" long in the arm than usual!
Never marked in size charts. TS folks just mentioned it in passing on this forum.
post #1077 of 1390

The jeans also vary significantly in inseam length - I've had two pairs arrive in one order, and their inseams differed by a full 2". They've also sent the wrong model twice (and immediately corrected the problem at no extra cost to me, I should add). 

 

That said, they're a young company, making a quality product entirely in San Francisco, at a reasonable price (and their jeans fit me damn well), so I'm willing to tolerate a few operational quirks with good humor. Never tried their shirts, though, since OTR shirts never fit me in the neck. A variance of 2" in the sleeve would be damned irritating. 

post #1078 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post



Yes. I'm a TS fan but this could be better.
Still surprised by the whole run of denim utility shirts that were 2" long in the arm than usual!
Never marked in size charts. TS folks just mentioned it in passing on this forum.

I think having size charts specific to each run would solve all of these problems. If sizing is going to vary so much, then this has to happen. For what it's worth, on the website there is a note about the duck camp pants fitting smaller - but the size chart is still the same. If these are the first pair of pants you've ordered from them, comparing the size to other TS products isn't going to help.

It's because of this sort of issue (not isolated to just TS) that I'm moving away from online shopping. I just costs too much to keep buying and returning.
post #1079 of 1390
I know this is a stretch, but you could always contact their CS and ask their opinion. Always responsive and helpful to me.
post #1080 of 1390
Placed an order for the chore pant in charcoal. Wanted to give those a try for awhile.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread