or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › If you owned your own Firm, what would the dress code be
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

If you owned your own Firm, what would the dress code be - Page 5

post #61 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

What kind of cleaning policies would you titans institute governing usage of the employee snack and lunch fridges? Would responsibilities rotate among all users, or in cases in which the employee has posted in this thread, would the responsibility be presumptively assigned to him punitively?
Also, would fish or fragrant ethnic foods be allowed for reheating in the microwaves? Oh, like a fish curry or anything Koreans eat?
Finally, would you limit lanyard lengths to above crotch level, or is a low, low hang okay?
I'm asking because we're developing some rules for Styleform that will go into effect next week.
Thanks.

I think the general rule applies, i.e., the pungeancy of your food and the length of your lanyardry should depend on your physical attractiveness. Pretty people are given greater leeway before causing offense.

Cleaning duties, of course, fall to the person who appears most likely to be poor, as one presumes that such a person is no great stranger to menial labor.

All disagreements w/r/t the general assessment of cases A or B shall be settled by impromptu dance contest.
post #62 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post

Is there a reason why the OP insisted on capitalizing the word "Firm" in every usage, by the way? Is this hypothetical firm the sort that would employ, say, Wilford Brimley to chase down and antagonize Tom Cruise?

If so, I'm on board.

Perhaps it's Firm, as in a gang of criminals or football hooligans? The Kray Twins are often referred to as "The Firm"

 

I gather that the Royal Family also likes to call itself The Firm.

 

Interesting...

post #63 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post

Is there a reason why the OP insisted on capitalizing the word "Firm" in every usage, by the way? Is this hypothetical firm the sort that would employ, say, Wilford Brimley to chase down and antagonize Tom Cruise?

If so, I'm on board.

job related habit
post #64 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post


job related habit

 

I take it you're either a lawyer, an adult firm director, or a native German speaker. ...Or all three?

post #65 of 83
Thread Starter 
haha, pretty much
post #66 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

What kind of cleaning policies would you titans institute governing usage of the employee snack and lunch fridges?

Apart from office wide things (condiments, anything supplied by company) fridge is totally cleaned out at the end of every week. Anything left is tossed. Probably have cleaning crew clean it out.
post #67 of 83

If I owned a firm I would probably require them to wear suits/tie for the entire week. But I'd also make sure they get really good pay and company benefits to go with that - I think that's what matters most to them anyway.

post #68 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrison13 View Post

If I owned a firm I would probably require them to wear suits/tie for the entire week. But I'd also make sure they get really good pay and company benefits to go with that - I think that's what matters most to them anyway.

 

My Firm would offer twice the pay and better benefits than yours, thereby allowing my employees to wear nicer suits and ties than they could at your firm.

post #69 of 83
Suits and ties aren't required in my firm ad all employees would be attractive women in lingerie
post #70 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

Apart from office wide things (condiments, anything supplied by company) fridge is totally cleaned out at the end of every week. Anything left is tossed. Probably have cleaning crew clean it out.

What if I clearly marked my sandwich, "The Boss's Sandwich," would you still dare to have it thrown out?

Or, would it depend on the filling? (E.g., egg salad, throw out...baloney, leave.)
post #71 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

Apart from office wide things (condiments, anything supplied by company) fridge is totally cleaned out at the end of every week. Anything left is tossed. Probably have cleaning crew clean it out.

What if I clearly marked my sandwich, "The Boss's Sandwich," would you still dare to have it thrown out?

Or, would it depend on the filling? (E.g., egg salad, throw out...baloney, leave.)

Whait if he wears gloves when he tosses your lunch? No fingerprints. Nice and clean.
post #72 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

Janitors room not to be used for sexual purposes during business hours.

you Monster!

Alright, Germans excluded, but the janitors closet has glass walls smile.gif
post #73 of 83

Suits Mon-Wed then casual Th-Fri. But strictly no jeans!

post #74 of 83
None. But all employment contracts would state that "wearing clothes than annoy the owner is a sackable offence, with no compensation".
post #75 of 83
I let me wear whatever I want. Sometimes red-soled navy suede plain toe derby's.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › If you owned your own Firm, what would the dress code be