Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Styleforum Top Picks
It is only OK when the jacket is on the back of your chair.
Seriously, though, I think it is probably fine, but you will get a lot of people on this board who say otherwise.
Honestly I love french cuffs, mostly because my family is European but I find a lot of people in North America don't like when co-workers wear french cuffs in the office because they believe it promotes wealth and power. Sounds stupid but thats my experiences with it. I work mostly with women...haha and they like it. It depends on your workplace.
If you like it, do it
Yes. When I asked my boss (I work at an airport with the CEO and managers) about dress code, he mentioned to try to refrain from wearing cufflinks unless it is an event as the workers around the airport would feel offended and low because they are of lower rank. I was a little taken aback by this but he said its common where the workers are unionized and the managers are not.
Pretty odd if you ask me.....
So, sorry, stick to barrel cuff...
I like French cuffs and find them best with jacket and tie. I find them too ostentatious when worn merely with shirts as the cufflinks and cuffs are bare whereas a jacket covers the bold sleeves. Visually, a jacket provides a balance as the jacket's collar and shoulder help balance the complicated and weighty looks of french cuffs.
- French Cuffs
Styleforum Top Picks
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 38 seconds ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 49 seconds ago
- › Two horrible experiences with Mr. Porter 2 minutes ago
- › Misc. Thread - S. Piccolo, Muscariello, Barba, RLPL - Shirts,... 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 7 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 8 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 9 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...