Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:04 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
French Cuffspost #1 of 596/6/12 at 5:19amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 596/6/12 at 5:22amQuote:
It is only OK when the jacket is on the back of your chair.
Seriously, though, I think it is probably fine, but you will get a lot of people on this board who say otherwise.post #3 of 596/6/12 at 5:28am
Honestly I love french cuffs, mostly because my family is European but I find a lot of people in North America don't like when co-workers wear french cuffs in the office because they believe it promotes wealth and power. Sounds stupid but thats my experiences with it. I work mostly with women...haha and they like it. It depends on your workplace.
post #4 of 596/6/12 at 5:51amQuote:
If you like it, do itpost #5 of 596/6/12 at 6:15ampost #6 of 596/6/12 at 6:53ampost #7 of 596/6/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Yes. When I asked my boss (I work at an airport with the CEO and managers) about dress code, he mentioned to try to refrain from wearing cufflinks unless it is an event as the workers around the airport would feel offended and low because they are of lower rank. I was a little taken aback by this but he said its common where the workers are unionized and the managers are not.
Pretty odd if you ask me.....post #8 of 596/6/12 at 11:46ampost #9 of 596/6/12 at 11:55ampost #10 of 596/6/12 at 3:03pmpost #11 of 596/6/12 at 8:30pmpost #12 of 596/6/12 at 9:42pmyeah, I'm not a purist who would say 'only with suits', nor am I someone who usually says 'conform!', but if you're in the USA, somehow FC's are generally seen as flashy. It's sort of like wearing a button-down collar with a suit, it's Trad but Europeans think it's weird. Try finding a barrel cuff shirt in London, it's tough, becuase FC is business, but in the USA/Canada it's just not what we do.
So, sorry, stick to barrel cuff...post #13 of 596/6/12 at 10:08pm
I like French cuffs and find them best with jacket and tie. I find them too ostentatious when worn merely with shirts as the cufflinks and cuffs are bare whereas a jacket covers the bold sleeves. Visually, a jacket provides a balance as the jacket's collar and shoulder help balance the complicated and weighty looks of french cuffs.post #14 of 596/6/12 at 11:11pmpost #15 of 596/7/12 at 4:40am
- French Cuffs
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 seconds ago
- › Wedding Attire for Guest where "church clothes" will be the norm... 8 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 22 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 55 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...