Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
French Cuffspost #1 of 596/6/12 at 5:19amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 596/6/12 at 5:22amQuote:
It is only OK when the jacket is on the back of your chair.
Seriously, though, I think it is probably fine, but you will get a lot of people on this board who say otherwise.post #3 of 596/6/12 at 5:28am
Honestly I love french cuffs, mostly because my family is European but I find a lot of people in North America don't like when co-workers wear french cuffs in the office because they believe it promotes wealth and power. Sounds stupid but thats my experiences with it. I work mostly with women...haha and they like it. It depends on your workplace.
post #4 of 596/6/12 at 5:51amQuote:
If you like it, do itpost #5 of 596/6/12 at 6:15ampost #6 of 596/6/12 at 6:53ampost #7 of 596/6/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Yes. When I asked my boss (I work at an airport with the CEO and managers) about dress code, he mentioned to try to refrain from wearing cufflinks unless it is an event as the workers around the airport would feel offended and low because they are of lower rank. I was a little taken aback by this but he said its common where the workers are unionized and the managers are not.
Pretty odd if you ask me.....post #8 of 596/6/12 at 11:46ampost #9 of 596/6/12 at 11:55ampost #10 of 596/6/12 at 3:03pmpost #11 of 596/6/12 at 8:30pmpost #12 of 596/6/12 at 9:42pmyeah, I'm not a purist who would say 'only with suits', nor am I someone who usually says 'conform!', but if you're in the USA, somehow FC's are generally seen as flashy. It's sort of like wearing a button-down collar with a suit, it's Trad but Europeans think it's weird. Try finding a barrel cuff shirt in London, it's tough, becuase FC is business, but in the USA/Canada it's just not what we do.
So, sorry, stick to barrel cuff...post #13 of 596/6/12 at 10:08pm
I like French cuffs and find them best with jacket and tie. I find them too ostentatious when worn merely with shirts as the cufflinks and cuffs are bare whereas a jacket covers the bold sleeves. Visually, a jacket provides a balance as the jacket's collar and shoulder help balance the complicated and weighty looks of french cuffs.post #14 of 596/6/12 at 11:11pmpost #15 of 596/7/12 at 4:40am
- French Cuffs
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Finamore Plaid Flannel 15/38 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 4 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Thom Browne Shirts TB 2 Small-Mediums 11 minutes ago
- › Can someone help me determine the era of this Brioni suit? 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...