Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Related Forum Threads
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
French Cuffspost #1 of 596/6/12 at 5:19amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 596/6/12 at 5:22amQuote:
It is only OK when the jacket is on the back of your chair.
Seriously, though, I think it is probably fine, but you will get a lot of people on this board who say otherwise.post #3 of 596/6/12 at 5:28am
Honestly I love french cuffs, mostly because my family is European but I find a lot of people in North America don't like when co-workers wear french cuffs in the office because they believe it promotes wealth and power. Sounds stupid but thats my experiences with it. I work mostly with women...haha and they like it. It depends on your workplace.
post #4 of 596/6/12 at 5:51amQuote:
If you like it, do itpost #5 of 596/6/12 at 6:15ampost #6 of 596/6/12 at 6:53ampost #7 of 596/6/12 at 6:57amQuote:
Yes. When I asked my boss (I work at an airport with the CEO and managers) about dress code, he mentioned to try to refrain from wearing cufflinks unless it is an event as the workers around the airport would feel offended and low because they are of lower rank. I was a little taken aback by this but he said its common where the workers are unionized and the managers are not.
Pretty odd if you ask me.....post #8 of 596/6/12 at 11:46ampost #9 of 596/6/12 at 11:55ampost #10 of 596/6/12 at 3:03pmpost #11 of 596/6/12 at 8:30pmpost #12 of 596/6/12 at 9:42pmyeah, I'm not a purist who would say 'only with suits', nor am I someone who usually says 'conform!', but if you're in the USA, somehow FC's are generally seen as flashy. It's sort of like wearing a button-down collar with a suit, it's Trad but Europeans think it's weird. Try finding a barrel cuff shirt in London, it's tough, becuase FC is business, but in the USA/Canada it's just not what we do.
So, sorry, stick to barrel cuff...post #13 of 596/6/12 at 10:08pm
I like French cuffs and find them best with jacket and tie. I find them too ostentatious when worn merely with shirts as the cufflinks and cuffs are bare whereas a jacket covers the bold sleeves. Visually, a jacket provides a balance as the jacket's collar and shoulder help balance the complicated and weighty looks of french cuffs.post #14 of 596/6/12 at 11:11pmpost #15 of 596/7/12 at 4:40am
- French Cuffs
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?