or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Dressy Shoes - What options?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dressy Shoes - What options?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Hi everyone, fairly new to the board and am a second year Aviation Management student here in Canada. Along with my schooling comes paid internships (required) and am working at an airport until the end of August. I will then have another four month internship in the winter also at an airline/airport. Dressing properly is essential and I try to look sharp which is important in this business. I often get the, "where did you learn to dress like that, and you're only 18?", but I guess I just don't want to look sloppy like a large portion of the Canadian business population. I have a pair of quality black shoes as well as a pair of browns but wanted to maybe get another pair of black shoes to alternate out of. Would like to get something of very good quality to last me a while with proper care of course. I have family in Germany so if there is something in Europe the shipping wouldn't be a problem. The first option I came across was the Sutor's at STF:

http://www.shopthefinest.com/p-42982-sutor-mantellassi-black-shoes-size-95-us-85-uk.aspx

 

$369 is probably the top of my budget as I will have to pay 13% taxes along with shipping/brokerage fees unless I ship it to the USA and drive across the border to pick it up (no tax and only an hour drive). I love these Sutor's as the quality looks exceptional as well as the sole.

 

If you have any other options please let me know

 

Mario

post #2 of 9
If you already have pairs of black and brown shoes, why not get a pair in burgundy? You could drive across the border and checkout Allen Edmonds or Brooks Brothers Peals on sale.
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KObalto View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
If you already have pairs of black and brown shoes, why not get a pair in burgundy? You could drive across the border and
checkout Allen Edmonds or Brooks Brothers Peals on sale.

the look is quite different, imo.
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


the look is quite different, imo.


Not a fan of BB shoes. I do like AE's though and maybe something like this:

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF2822_1_40000000001_-1

 

Simple but elegant.

post #5 of 9
Where are you located? Any future trips planned to the US? I agree that one pair of black shoes are good enough if you only have two pair.

You might want to check out Wang and Yount shoes. They seem to fit in your price range, plus I haven't been hit with tax and duty charges from either yet.

http://www.kentwang.com/shoes

http://www.howardyount.com/collections/shoes
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferin1 View Post

like this:
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF2822_1_40000000001_-1

Simple but elegant.

one of the best looking AE's i have seen. very versatile either. good choice.
Edited by fritzl - 6/5/12 at 9:37am
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster View Post

Where are you located? Any future trips planned to the US? I agree that one pair of black shoes are good enough if you only have two pair.
You might want to check out Wang and Yount shoes. They seem to fit in your price range, plus I haven't been hit with tax and duty charges from either yet.
http://www.kentwang.com/shoes

Wow, beautiful shoes unfortunatly they are very low in stock right now. The Benchgrade plaintoe balmoral are only available in size 7. Did you order them from them? They must mark it as a gift then. I'm located in New Brunswick.

post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferin1 View Post

Wow, beautiful shoes unfortunatly they are very low in stock right now. The Benchgrade plaintoe balmoral are only available in size 7. Did you order them from them? They must mark it as a gift then. I'm located in New Brunswick.

I have ordered from both of them. They ship via USPS which seems to be the best route to avoid duty. It is possible I got lucky. You never know what will happen with Canada Customs.

PS they get new stock, so keep checking.
post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster View Post


I have ordered from both of them. They ship via USPS which seems to be the best route to avoid duty. It is possible I got lucky. You never know what will happen with Canada Customs.
PS they get new stock, so keep checking.


Thanks i'll have to check. It does mention that they are getting new stock in Mid June.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Dressy Shoes - What options?