or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › best square-toed shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

best square-toed shoes - Page 2

post #16 of 56
unbelragazzo and jeff13007, I get what you guys are saying and that's why I put this at the end of my suggestions (along with surgery). I mean I don't even mind square toed shoes all that much but OP seems to. So maybe a Kenneth Cole is really the simplest answer after all. Even if its cheap, on a cost benefit basis it probably is the most economically reasonable.
post #17 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post

unbelragazzo and jeff13007, I get what you guys are saying and that's why I put this at the end of my suggestions (along with surgery). I mean I don't even mind square toed shoes all that much but OP seems to. So maybe a Kenneth Cole is really the simplest answer after all. Even if its cheap, on a cost benefit basis it probably is the most economically reasonable.

I understand that you are just trying to help. And your points are perfectly valid. but the point that i was trying to make is that he shouldn't be trying to ruin his feet/or his disposable income just to look aesthetically pleasing. It seems to me we are saying the same thing but on different sides of the spectrum of what should be done.
post #18 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff13007 View Post

It doesn't matter if its within his means. 4k is a lot of money to spend on something that can be avoided completely by just wearing square toed shoes.

you don't have to spend 4k to get a result, even bespoke/custom made.
post #19 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

Alright, I'm done reading your post.
4. Perhaps you can try a RTW shoe with a high, roomy toe box. For example, a derby in the Central European style, as in this Ludwig Reiter:
http://tinyurl.com/84yfcjj
5. Perhaps you can find a dealer that specializes in fitting orthotics, like Moulded Shoe:
http://mouldedshoe.com/

banana last by vass or peduform by Ed. Meier. unfortunately both not within his budget and availability.
post #20 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

you don't have to spend 4k to get a result, even bespoke/custom made.

Fair enough. But he would still have to spend way more than he would by just wearing square toed shoes. If he is a lover of fine clothing and shoes then i would say go for it. But if he is just trying to get by, then its still a lot of disposable income to spend. Even your recommendation of vass is still going to run him close to 1k USD
post #21 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff13007 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Fair enough. But he would still have to spend way more than he would by just wearing square toed shoes. If he is a lover of fine clothing and shoes then i would say go for it. But if he is just trying to get by, then its still a lot of disposable income to spend.
Even your recommendation of vass is still going to run him close to 1k USD

this is a fracture of 4k, though.

i imagine, it's a pita to have problem feet. his write up sounds likem, he lacks a lot of basic knowledge, anyway.

hard to give any advise from the distance. i would go up in length + width and lock the foot with an arch support. that's what i would do. in this case quality doesn't matter too much for the first attempt and he can experiment. i don't see it going to work w/o experimenting.
post #22 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post

I would say he is in a desparate situation which may call for extreme measures. Besides 4K is still well within the means of a large number of population. He just has to grasp the possibility, that's the beautiful thing with shoes. High end cars or houses on the other hand are outside the means of most

$4000 for a pair of shoes is certainly not well within the means of a large number of population.
post #23 of 56

Wow, I thought the "bespoke is your only option" posts were a bit extreme, but now we are getting "cosmetic surgery is your only option" suggestions. I would just wear the square-toed shoes instead of getting my little toe removed.

post #24 of 56
Welcome to Styleforum Kent. Sorry to read about your problem and a good challenge for our forum.
You may want to try a Budapester in a wide width. Budapesters have a very high toebox to begin with. This, in combination with an extra width, may be an option. Also, lesser quality brands such as Ecco, Rockport, Clark's, etc use very thin leathers that will most likely stretch easily and could also be an option. These brands are not going to look as good as mid range brands but if they are clean and polished they will pass in the outside world. Failing this, you may have to go bespoke.
post #25 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

this is a fracture of 4k, though.
i imagine, it's a pita to have problem feet. his write up sounds likem, he lacks a lot of basic knowledge, anyway.
hard to give any advise from the distance. i would go up in length + width and lock the foot with an arch support. that's what i would do. in this case quality doesn't matter too much for the first attempt and he can experiment. i don't see it going to work w/o experimenting.

I was thinking of this as well but I think there may be alot of heel and some ball slippage even with the arch support. This is why I was thinking to go longer but size down in width (unless he also has wide feet as well). To me it just seems that his little toe is far forward of where it would be normally and not more outwardly laterally. This configuration is pretty much that of the true square toe since there is no tapering at the tip of the little toe (distal phalanx).
post #26 of 56
it's not like we're talking about building a collection of $4K shoes here. The OP is too far outside the normal range. hell, even just normal dudes still have to fit on 20-30 pairs to find something comfortable and then narrow it down from there anyway. So instead of $300 for AE we're suggesting spending $1000-1500 for even a MTM shoe just to see if it makes a significant difference. How many people have odd bodies and would spend that much on a MTM suit no problem and buy several of them over a lifetime.


So my suggestion to the OP is explore some of the RTW shoe brands and styles mentioned above but also look into MTM. Everybody has their little things to deal with, tough luck, that's life. So this is yours. People spend thousands on homes, cars, and all sorts of 'essentials', big deal, the OP has some foot fit issues and has to spend more on shoes so he can actually walk without pain.
post #27 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

Wow, I thought the "bespoke is your only option" posts were a bit extreme, but now we are getting "cosmetic surgery is your only option" suggestions. I would just wear the square-toed shoes instead of getting my little toe removed.

Well actually I forgot to mention a foot transplant, something from a recently deceased but really pretty and tall model maybe.biggrin.gif

Edit: forgot to mention Young model. you don't want some old hags feet!!!
post #28 of 56
OP, I'm assuming you've been to a podiatrist at some point? What professional opinions have you gotten?
post #29 of 56
.
Edited by rikod - 6/6/12 at 7:19pm
post #30 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post

OP, I'm assuming you've been to a podiatrist at some point? What professional opinions have you gotten?

Oh please! What's the opinion of a professionally trained and medically licensed practitioner compared to a bunch of web dudes stabbing in the dark?? C'mon now, surely 24 heads are better than one!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › best square-toed shoes