How badly does the 30 fit? Is it possible you'll be able to stretch it out? I found mine to be snug at first, but not tight, and it definitely loosened up after a wear or two.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:53 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
wings+horns F/W 2012 - Page 42post #616 of 87112/27/12 at 1:57pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #617 of 87112/27/12 at 2:44pmpost #618 of 87112/27/12 at 2:56pmpost #619 of 87112/27/12 at 3:29pmQuote:
There's reigning champ x haven MA-1 in heavyweight fleece with liner vest that is sleeker than the W+H version. It comes in black or grey, http://www.reigningchamp.com/special-projects-haven-ma-1/post #620 of 87112/27/12 at 4:13pmpost #621 of 87112/27/12 at 6:02pm
I too really like the Haven x Reigning Champ collabo MA-1, but really dislike the velcro used for the main pocket flaps. Should have gone with snap buttons! The idea of velcro cheapens the final product for me (thinking of the sound velcro makes when used).post #622 of 87112/27/12 at 7:47pmpost #623 of 87112/27/12 at 8:25pmQuote:Quote:
The 30s are really slim, like skinny jeans. The waist fits but the knee area is too slim which is incredibly rare for me because I have bird legs. I sized down correctly on the waist after finding the 32s too big, but didn't count on the knee being that tight. I don't think camo/skinny fit go together well so I need to stick to a 31.post #624 of 87112/28/12 at 4:38ampost #625 of 87112/28/12 at 8:41amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Caveat
The 30s are really slim, like skinny jeans. The waist fits but the knee area is too slim which is incredibly rare for me because I have bird legs. I sized down correctly on the waist after finding the 32s too big, but didn't count on the knee being that tight. I don't think camo/skinny fit go together well so I need to stick to a 31.
The knee is darted, so I'm not sure how much it'll stretch, but the waist will stretch out a little, so 31 might end up being too big in the waist. I think these definitely look good as slim cargos, though. Do they fit like this:post #626 of 87112/28/12 at 9:00amOkay, I'm losing my mind..or Acrimony sent me the wrong size. I was just trying the 32s on again and fortunately happened to look at the tag and they are not 32, they are 31!
So the 30s are too slim in the knee and the 31s look like the correct fit in that photo, except they are big in the waist and especially the seat. I think I will have them altered. I agree that it's a great looking slim cut.post #627 of 87112/28/12 at 9:19ampost #628 of 87112/28/12 at 1:09pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Caveat
Okay, I'm losing my mind..or Acrimony sent me the wrong size. I was just trying the 32s on again and fortunately happened to look at the tag and they are not 32, they are 31!
So the 30s are too slim in the knee and the 31s look like the correct fit in that photo, except they are big in the waist and especially the seat. I think I will have them altered. I agree that it's a great looking slim cut.
You should post fit pics. Could be the 30 is the right size, and just needs a little stretching. Have you tried the Westpoint chinos? If so, what size do you wear in those?post #629 of 87112/28/12 at 3:42pm
- wings+horns F/W 2012
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 14 seconds ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 2 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 2 minutes ago
- › New suit designs, critique please 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › The Official BLUE BLUE JAPAN thread - all things indigo, many... 7 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan