Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 2/11/16 at 3:17pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
wings+horns F/W 2012 - Page 35post #511 of 87112/8/12 at 12:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #512 of 87112/8/12 at 9:15ampost #513 of 87112/8/12 at 10:15ampost #514 of 87112/8/12 at 4:51pm
I researched virgin wool and apparently it's wool that's never been processed before but by industry standards that does not mean it's of a higher quality but marketed to have that perception. Also I don't think the leather patches on the shoulders justify it. You can buy a canada goose jacket for $590. Only reason rate I would buy it at after thinking it over would be if it went 70% off but I doubt that will happen.post #515 of 87112/8/12 at 5:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fashion Fan
I researched virgin wool and apparently it's wool that's never been processed before but by industry standards that does not mean it's of a higher quality but marketed to have that perception. Also I don't think the leather patches on the shoulders justify it. You can buy a canada goose jacket for $590. Only reason rate I would buy it at after thinking it over would be if it went 70% off but I doubt that will happen.
well its hand knit in a nice pattern, in Canada so labour is expensive
and virgin wool (the ones i've handled) seems to be on average quite softer than regular ol wool. Wings + Horns usually doesn't cheap out on materals (not saying they use the top of the line though).
That said, retail is still a rip, but at half price they are pretty nice I have to say ...post #516 of 87112/8/12 at 10:20pmpost #517 of 87112/9/12 at 9:57amQuote:
Seen them in person yesterday at Roden and they are a nice piece. I believe they are on probably going on sale at most places by now so it's a decent buy. However, I haven't tried them on, my three pairs of westpoint chinos stretched by about 1-1.5 sizes so I would size down so its snug on purchase.post #518 of 87112/9/12 at 10:10amQuote:
similar material to the chinos, fit tighter though. they're nice.
i'd think you want to buy the same size as west point chinos for a tighter fit and size up one for a fit more like the chinos.post #519 of 87112/9/12 at 10:19ampost #520 of 87112/9/12 at 10:45ampost #521 of 87112/9/12 at 3:06pmYeah I already tried them on. They fit slightly slimmer than the Straight Fit jeans but if they stretch a bit they'll be perfect.
I was wondering more about how the fabric holds up. I remember there was a defect with the German Corded fabric when washed if I'm not mistaken. Any similar issues or is the quality good? Also, does the sheen disappear eventually?post #522 of 87112/9/12 at 7:01pmpost #523 of 87112/9/12 at 7:21pmpost #524 of 87112/9/12 at 9:23pmQuote:
tried the 5 pocket.
waist is tighter than chinos
thigh may be slightly tighter
Much less taper than the chinos, so overall i'd say chino's fit more "slim".
- wings+horns F/W 2012
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?