Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 9:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:28 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 4:35 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
wings+horns F/W 2012 - Page 35post #511 of 87112/8/12 at 12:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #512 of 87112/8/12 at 9:15ampost #513 of 87112/8/12 at 10:15ampost #514 of 87112/8/12 at 4:51pm
I researched virgin wool and apparently it's wool that's never been processed before but by industry standards that does not mean it's of a higher quality but marketed to have that perception. Also I don't think the leather patches on the shoulders justify it. You can buy a canada goose jacket for $590. Only reason rate I would buy it at after thinking it over would be if it went 70% off but I doubt that will happen.post #515 of 87112/8/12 at 5:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fashion Fan
I researched virgin wool and apparently it's wool that's never been processed before but by industry standards that does not mean it's of a higher quality but marketed to have that perception. Also I don't think the leather patches on the shoulders justify it. You can buy a canada goose jacket for $590. Only reason rate I would buy it at after thinking it over would be if it went 70% off but I doubt that will happen.
well its hand knit in a nice pattern, in Canada so labour is expensive
and virgin wool (the ones i've handled) seems to be on average quite softer than regular ol wool. Wings + Horns usually doesn't cheap out on materals (not saying they use the top of the line though).
That said, retail is still a rip, but at half price they are pretty nice I have to say ...post #516 of 87112/8/12 at 10:20pmpost #517 of 87112/9/12 at 9:57amQuote:
Seen them in person yesterday at Roden and they are a nice piece. I believe they are on probably going on sale at most places by now so it's a decent buy. However, I haven't tried them on, my three pairs of westpoint chinos stretched by about 1-1.5 sizes so I would size down so its snug on purchase.post #518 of 87112/9/12 at 10:10amQuote:
similar material to the chinos, fit tighter though. they're nice.
i'd think you want to buy the same size as west point chinos for a tighter fit and size up one for a fit more like the chinos.post #519 of 87112/9/12 at 10:19ampost #520 of 87112/9/12 at 10:45ampost #521 of 87112/9/12 at 3:06pmYeah I already tried them on. They fit slightly slimmer than the Straight Fit jeans but if they stretch a bit they'll be perfect.
I was wondering more about how the fabric holds up. I remember there was a defect with the German Corded fabric when washed if I'm not mistaken. Any similar issues or is the quality good? Also, does the sheen disappear eventually?post #522 of 87112/9/12 at 7:01pmpost #523 of 87112/9/12 at 7:21pmpost #524 of 87112/9/12 at 9:23pmQuote:
tried the 5 pocket.
waist is tighter than chinos
thigh may be slightly tighter
Much less taper than the chinos, so overall i'd say chino's fit more "slim".
- wings+horns F/W 2012
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Australian Members 28 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 17 minutes ago
- › Suit fit check 39 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 39 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 48 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 58 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...