Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:34 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 4/17/15 at 7:43pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
wings+horns F/W 2012 - Page 35post #511 of 87112/8/12 at 12:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #512 of 87112/8/12 at 9:15ampost #513 of 87112/8/12 at 10:15ampost #514 of 87112/8/12 at 4:51pm
I researched virgin wool and apparently it's wool that's never been processed before but by industry standards that does not mean it's of a higher quality but marketed to have that perception. Also I don't think the leather patches on the shoulders justify it. You can buy a canada goose jacket for $590. Only reason rate I would buy it at after thinking it over would be if it went 70% off but I doubt that will happen.post #515 of 87112/8/12 at 5:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fashion Fan
I researched virgin wool and apparently it's wool that's never been processed before but by industry standards that does not mean it's of a higher quality but marketed to have that perception. Also I don't think the leather patches on the shoulders justify it. You can buy a canada goose jacket for $590. Only reason rate I would buy it at after thinking it over would be if it went 70% off but I doubt that will happen.
well its hand knit in a nice pattern, in Canada so labour is expensive
and virgin wool (the ones i've handled) seems to be on average quite softer than regular ol wool. Wings + Horns usually doesn't cheap out on materals (not saying they use the top of the line though).
That said, retail is still a rip, but at half price they are pretty nice I have to say ...post #516 of 87112/8/12 at 10:20pmpost #517 of 87112/9/12 at 9:57amQuote:
Seen them in person yesterday at Roden and they are a nice piece. I believe they are on probably going on sale at most places by now so it's a decent buy. However, I haven't tried them on, my three pairs of westpoint chinos stretched by about 1-1.5 sizes so I would size down so its snug on purchase.post #518 of 87112/9/12 at 10:10amQuote:
similar material to the chinos, fit tighter though. they're nice.
i'd think you want to buy the same size as west point chinos for a tighter fit and size up one for a fit more like the chinos.post #519 of 87112/9/12 at 10:19ampost #520 of 87112/9/12 at 10:45ampost #521 of 87112/9/12 at 3:06pmYeah I already tried them on. They fit slightly slimmer than the Straight Fit jeans but if they stretch a bit they'll be perfect.
I was wondering more about how the fabric holds up. I remember there was a defect with the German Corded fabric when washed if I'm not mistaken. Any similar issues or is the quality good? Also, does the sheen disappear eventually?post #522 of 87112/9/12 at 7:01pmpost #523 of 87112/9/12 at 7:21pmpost #524 of 87112/9/12 at 9:23pmQuote:
tried the 5 pocket.
waist is tighter than chinos
thigh may be slightly tighter
Much less taper than the chinos, so overall i'd say chino's fit more "slim".
- wings+horns F/W 2012
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › Azzuraa Bespoke Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 7 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 8 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 10 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR... 11 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 15 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan