Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 12/4/16 at 10:35am in Classic Menswear
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 2:32 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
wings+horns F/W 2012 - Page 35post #511 of 87112/8/12 at 12:20ampost #512 of 87112/8/12 at 9:15ampost #513 of 87112/8/12 at 10:15ampost #514 of 87112/8/12 at 4:51pm
I researched virgin wool and apparently it's wool that's never been processed before but by industry standards that does not mean it's of a higher quality but marketed to have that perception. Also I don't think the leather patches on the shoulders justify it. You can buy a canada goose jacket for $590. Only reason rate I would buy it at after thinking it over would be if it went 70% off but I doubt that will happen.post #515 of 87112/8/12 at 5:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fashion Fan
I researched virgin wool and apparently it's wool that's never been processed before but by industry standards that does not mean it's of a higher quality but marketed to have that perception. Also I don't think the leather patches on the shoulders justify it. You can buy a canada goose jacket for $590. Only reason rate I would buy it at after thinking it over would be if it went 70% off but I doubt that will happen.
well its hand knit in a nice pattern, in Canada so labour is expensive
and virgin wool (the ones i've handled) seems to be on average quite softer than regular ol wool. Wings + Horns usually doesn't cheap out on materals (not saying they use the top of the line though).
That said, retail is still a rip, but at half price they are pretty nice I have to say ...post #516 of 87112/8/12 at 10:20pmpost #517 of 87112/9/12 at 9:57amQuote:
Seen them in person yesterday at Roden and they are a nice piece. I believe they are on probably going on sale at most places by now so it's a decent buy. However, I haven't tried them on, my three pairs of westpoint chinos stretched by about 1-1.5 sizes so I would size down so its snug on purchase.post #518 of 87112/9/12 at 10:10amQuote:
similar material to the chinos, fit tighter though. they're nice.
i'd think you want to buy the same size as west point chinos for a tighter fit and size up one for a fit more like the chinos.post #519 of 87112/9/12 at 10:19ampost #520 of 87112/9/12 at 10:45ampost #521 of 87112/9/12 at 3:06pmYeah I already tried them on. They fit slightly slimmer than the Straight Fit jeans but if they stretch a bit they'll be perfect.
I was wondering more about how the fabric holds up. I remember there was a defect with the German Corded fabric when washed if I'm not mistaken. Any similar issues or is the quality good? Also, does the sheen disappear eventually?post #522 of 87112/9/12 at 7:01pmpost #523 of 87112/9/12 at 7:21pmpost #524 of 87112/9/12 at 9:23pmQuote:
tried the 5 pocket.
waist is tighter than chinos
thigh may be slightly tighter
Much less taper than the chinos, so overall i'd say chino's fit more "slim".post #525 of 87112/9/12 at 10:55pm
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 13 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 19 minutes ago
- › Stunning $4000 NWT Borrelli Luxury Vintage Charcoal Grey Flannel... 23 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 29 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 40 minutes ago
- › New Bespoke Oxxford Gold Coast Super 150s Navy Blue Pants 34.5 50 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 50 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 54 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...