or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › wings+horns F/W 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

wings+horns F/W 2012 - Page 23

post #331 of 871
Their shoes frequently hit 50%, though you can't always guarantee that a full size run will be available. 30% sounds very safe though.
post #332 of 871
The shoes profile are comparable to german army trainers.

IMO, $400 is overkill for sneakers.
post #333 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Their shoes frequently hit 50%, though you can't always guarantee that a full size run will be available. 30% sounds very safe though.

Do they go on sale on the wings + horns website? I like some of those sneakers but not for $380
post #334 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETW View Post

Do they go on sale on the wings + horns website? I like some of those sneakers but not for $380
this is the first season wings put em there own online shop. but i got the white leather lows from nomad for 155 last year, and blue suede lows recently from holts for 169. also i passed on the black highs and lows, and brown lows, all on sale as well. if you wait, you will find them somewhere online. last season nomad, RG, and ssense all had a pretty good size selection in different colours all on sale
post #335 of 871

^

Definitely, especially ones that are solidly built but from a materials standpoint nothing amazing

 

Thanks for the input dudes, will keep track of this thread in anticipation of that 30-50% around wintertime.

When exactly do the sales happen though?  Jan/Feb?  Dec would be sick

 

Also, as far as chunkiness as long as no one confuses them for supras or something I think I'll be ok lol


Edited by NotCrispy - 11/5/12 at 7:10pm
post #336 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotCrispy View Post

^
Definitely, especially ones that are solidly built but from a materials standpoint nothing amazing

Thanks for the input dudes, will keep track of this thread in anticipation of that 30-50% around wintertime.
When exactly do the sales happen though?  Jan/Feb?  Dec would be sick

Also, as far as chunkiness as long as no one confuses them for supras or something I think I'll be ok lol
Should be safe with people not mistaking them for Supra's.

Some sales have already started happening and I've seen them available for 20-25% off in a couple spots now. Should be 30% end of this month or December. 40%+ Boxing Week and into the new year.
post #337 of 871

So this seasons F/W will go on sale end of this month to december? I hope so, because I have a few items from other brands, which I'm returning. So maybe with the money i'll be getting back, I'll wait to see what jackets will go on sale. 

post #338 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurLock View Post

So this seasons F/W will go on sale end of this month to december? I hope so, because I have a few items from other brands, which I'm returning. So maybe with the money i'll be getting back, I'll wait to see what jackets will go on sale. 
couple weeks before christmas stuff usually hits 30-ish, boxing day nomad goes 50-60 until its all gone
post #339 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by likk View Post

are they going to relase the leather moto jacket?

http://www.pilesofstyle.com/wings-horns/wings-horns-moto-jacket/

The leather moto jacket will not be released exactly in this cut on the link. The lambskin on the jacket that they wanted to release to retailers was supposed to be more distressed, and because they promised this look to retailers, apparently they took production off the moto's. But there should be a version we should see that will be slightly different.

The moto jacket was the best buy at the sample sale. A leather lambskin jacket with incredible fitment and great detailing should not go for sub $400. I am very happy with buying this and plan on rocking it hard this season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythage View Post

anyone know if the research bomber from f/w11 stretches? tried on a small at the sample sale and was good fit but real tight in the chest/shoulder area (esp if i lift my arms)

I got the bomber in a M and it fits perfectly. I think people have commented that it is a slimmer fit which you obviously are familiar with now. The point of a bomber is to be able to fit something a bit thicker undernearth, so it seems its a bit too trim for you, but why not wear it for a while and see if it fills out.

Good luck
post #340 of 871

^ does the moto still have the fur along the collar?

post #341 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

^ does the moto still have the fur along the collar?

No the new model that goes to retailers is supposed to have it apparently.
post #342 of 871

Hows the quality of their wool/wool blend knitwear/sweaters?

 

I really like the 'Shawl' sweater (made in Canada) and the 'Marled' sweater (made in China) - One thing that is deterring me from buying it is the fact that its Dry Clean Only.

post #343 of 871
i have the marled made in china one. started to pill almost immediately.
post #344 of 871
Thread Starter 

Anyone know about the fitting on the Pimaloft quilted shirt? Should I size up from my size with the Tiger fleece hoodies or their henleys?

post #345 of 871

i sized up for the tiger fleece, better fit but sleeves are too long

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › wings+horns F/W 2012