Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:08 am in Classic Menswear
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 9:10 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
wings+horns F/W 2012 - Page 15post #211 of 87110/15/12 at 8:18pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #212 of 87110/15/12 at 8:45pmpost #213 of 87110/15/12 at 9:00pm
Nepats, your best bet is too check the stockist, and see who has a large loop online, and then check their sale page. If they have a lot of summer stuff up there for sale, then you might want to wait. I can't see the official site having much on sale, because some of the stuff from F/W that was on the site is now coming up "not in stock", but who knows. I kind of said fuck it and went for it full price. It's a great piece, and both the hoody and sweats have gotten a lot of compliments, as well as stares, with people wondering who makes it. I myself wish they made a robe in the large loop instead of tiger fleece because I would be all over that.
If you live in Vancouver W+H and R.C. are having a warehouse sale...post #214 of 87110/15/12 at 9:11pmpost #215 of 87110/15/12 at 9:17pmQuote:
I was saying the same thing. Although I myself would rather wear W+H just because I can pull it off. Junya outerwear makes me look awkward besides a few pieces. The prices though are basically whats stopping me from actually buying anything. The outerwear is definitely something I'd wait for 50-60% drop. Like the A2 jacket is great but for $880 I can't do it.
Also, anyone have any thoughts on the military jacket and pants. I'm definitely diggin them, but at 500 and 300, it again like most of the stuff seems steep.
What they should do is drop all their prices 25-30% and see how much more people would be buying. I myself would feel a lot better about buying from them, and would continue to grab more pieces. Rather than sitting and being picky,only getting 1 or 2 items each season becuase of the cost. Reason being is I would wear a majority of the line, unlike a lot of other brands where it's a few things here and there.post #216 of 87110/15/12 at 9:21pmpost #217 of 87110/15/12 at 9:26pmQuote:
But the asshole walking into Holt Renfrew has no idea what ToJ is. And sadly this asshole is who W+H is trying to target.
It *IS* a shame because W+H has always been one of the most wearable brands I can think of, but they are pricing themselves out of the market.post #218 of 87110/15/12 at 9:28pm
Yeah I agree with you on that. I read my post again and realized it said "its great buy for $880" but it was supposed to be "it's great "but" for $880 I can't do it." It's crazy where they come up with the price like that. I myself hope people don't buy into most of the stuff, in hopes that next seasons will be a normal/do able price.post #219 of 87110/15/12 at 9:30pmpost #220 of 87110/15/12 at 9:31pm
Yeah, Some people can afford to not care, I guess.
"they are pricing themselves out of the market"
...........post #221 of 87110/15/12 at 9:34pmmaybe its just me but every season i find a larger selection of their stuff still available at 50% off, main reason i've been holding off purchases at retail. in Toronto alone, between nomad, tnt, j+o and now haven, im bound to find what i want in my size, and if not theres plenty of online optionspost #222 of 87110/16/12 at 8:22am^^^
I wish the Camo jacquard shirt (sulphur) wasn't so popular but after seeing all of the regular spots sell out in my size I had to jump. I wish I would have got my head out my butt and ordered during Acrimony's sale 2 weeks ago.
I hope to pick up some more basics and outerwear on sale though.post #223 of 87110/16/12 at 11:25ampost #224 of 87110/16/12 at 11:44ampost #225 of 87110/16/12 at 1:07pmSo I finally decided that I wanted to pull the trigger on a hoodie, my first W+H item, and the color I want is out of stock in size medium. http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/collections/latest-delivery/products/large-loop-hoodie-heather-grey Does anyone know any other stockists that have this in stock? By the way, everyone on this thread has been extremely helpful. Thanks!
- wings+horns F/W 2012
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Cars We Drive! 3 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 25 seconds ago
- › Bespoke England - Fine Shoes and Accessories; Official Affiliate... 37 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place porn thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...