Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 8:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:52 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:57 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
wings+horns F/W 2012 - Page 15post #211 of 87110/15/12 at 8:18pmpost #212 of 87110/15/12 at 8:45pmpost #213 of 87110/15/12 at 9:00pm
Nepats, your best bet is too check the stockist, and see who has a large loop online, and then check their sale page. If they have a lot of summer stuff up there for sale, then you might want to wait. I can't see the official site having much on sale, because some of the stuff from F/W that was on the site is now coming up "not in stock", but who knows. I kind of said fuck it and went for it full price. It's a great piece, and both the hoody and sweats have gotten a lot of compliments, as well as stares, with people wondering who makes it. I myself wish they made a robe in the large loop instead of tiger fleece because I would be all over that.
If you live in Vancouver W+H and R.C. are having a warehouse sale...post #214 of 87110/15/12 at 9:11pmpost #215 of 87110/15/12 at 9:17pmQuote:
I was saying the same thing. Although I myself would rather wear W+H just because I can pull it off. Junya outerwear makes me look awkward besides a few pieces. The prices though are basically whats stopping me from actually buying anything. The outerwear is definitely something I'd wait for 50-60% drop. Like the A2 jacket is great but for $880 I can't do it.
Also, anyone have any thoughts on the military jacket and pants. I'm definitely diggin them, but at 500 and 300, it again like most of the stuff seems steep.
What they should do is drop all their prices 25-30% and see how much more people would be buying. I myself would feel a lot better about buying from them, and would continue to grab more pieces. Rather than sitting and being picky,only getting 1 or 2 items each season becuase of the cost. Reason being is I would wear a majority of the line, unlike a lot of other brands where it's a few things here and there.post #216 of 87110/15/12 at 9:21pmpost #217 of 87110/15/12 at 9:26pmQuote:
But the asshole walking into Holt Renfrew has no idea what ToJ is. And sadly this asshole is who W+H is trying to target.
It *IS* a shame because W+H has always been one of the most wearable brands I can think of, but they are pricing themselves out of the market.post #218 of 87110/15/12 at 9:28pm
Yeah I agree with you on that. I read my post again and realized it said "its great buy for $880" but it was supposed to be "it's great "but" for $880 I can't do it." It's crazy where they come up with the price like that. I myself hope people don't buy into most of the stuff, in hopes that next seasons will be a normal/do able price.post #219 of 87110/15/12 at 9:30pmpost #220 of 87110/15/12 at 9:31pm
Yeah, Some people can afford to not care, I guess.
"they are pricing themselves out of the market"
...........post #221 of 87110/15/12 at 9:34pmmaybe its just me but every season i find a larger selection of their stuff still available at 50% off, main reason i've been holding off purchases at retail. in Toronto alone, between nomad, tnt, j+o and now haven, im bound to find what i want in my size, and if not theres plenty of online optionspost #222 of 87110/16/12 at 8:22am^^^
I wish the Camo jacquard shirt (sulphur) wasn't so popular but after seeing all of the regular spots sell out in my size I had to jump. I wish I would have got my head out my butt and ordered during Acrimony's sale 2 weeks ago.
I hope to pick up some more basics and outerwear on sale though.post #223 of 87110/16/12 at 11:25ampost #224 of 87110/16/12 at 11:44ampost #225 of 87110/16/12 at 1:07pmSo I finally decided that I wanted to pull the trigger on a hoodie, my first W+H item, and the color I want is out of stock in size medium. http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/collections/latest-delivery/products/large-loop-hoodie-heather-grey Does anyone know any other stockists that have this in stock? By the way, everyone on this thread has been extremely helpful. Thanks!
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge September 2nd 2016 - the #menswear aficionado 5 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding