Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 8:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- WINGS + HORNS SPRING 2012 Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:51am in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 7:43 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
wings+horns F/W 2012 - Page 15post #211 of 87110/15/12 at 8:18pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #212 of 87110/15/12 at 8:45pmpost #213 of 87110/15/12 at 9:00pm
Nepats, your best bet is too check the stockist, and see who has a large loop online, and then check their sale page. If they have a lot of summer stuff up there for sale, then you might want to wait. I can't see the official site having much on sale, because some of the stuff from F/W that was on the site is now coming up "not in stock", but who knows. I kind of said fuck it and went for it full price. It's a great piece, and both the hoody and sweats have gotten a lot of compliments, as well as stares, with people wondering who makes it. I myself wish they made a robe in the large loop instead of tiger fleece because I would be all over that.
If you live in Vancouver W+H and R.C. are having a warehouse sale...post #214 of 87110/15/12 at 9:11pmpost #215 of 87110/15/12 at 9:17pmQuote:
I was saying the same thing. Although I myself would rather wear W+H just because I can pull it off. Junya outerwear makes me look awkward besides a few pieces. The prices though are basically whats stopping me from actually buying anything. The outerwear is definitely something I'd wait for 50-60% drop. Like the A2 jacket is great but for $880 I can't do it.
Also, anyone have any thoughts on the military jacket and pants. I'm definitely diggin them, but at 500 and 300, it again like most of the stuff seems steep.
What they should do is drop all their prices 25-30% and see how much more people would be buying. I myself would feel a lot better about buying from them, and would continue to grab more pieces. Rather than sitting and being picky,only getting 1 or 2 items each season becuase of the cost. Reason being is I would wear a majority of the line, unlike a lot of other brands where it's a few things here and there.post #216 of 87110/15/12 at 9:21pmpost #217 of 87110/15/12 at 9:26pmQuote:
But the asshole walking into Holt Renfrew has no idea what ToJ is. And sadly this asshole is who W+H is trying to target.
It *IS* a shame because W+H has always been one of the most wearable brands I can think of, but they are pricing themselves out of the market.post #218 of 87110/15/12 at 9:28pm
Yeah I agree with you on that. I read my post again and realized it said "its great buy for $880" but it was supposed to be "it's great "but" for $880 I can't do it." It's crazy where they come up with the price like that. I myself hope people don't buy into most of the stuff, in hopes that next seasons will be a normal/do able price.post #219 of 87110/15/12 at 9:30pmpost #220 of 87110/15/12 at 9:31pm
Yeah, Some people can afford to not care, I guess.
"they are pricing themselves out of the market"
...........post #221 of 87110/15/12 at 9:34pmmaybe its just me but every season i find a larger selection of their stuff still available at 50% off, main reason i've been holding off purchases at retail. in Toronto alone, between nomad, tnt, j+o and now haven, im bound to find what i want in my size, and if not theres plenty of online optionspost #222 of 87110/16/12 at 8:22am^^^
I wish the Camo jacquard shirt (sulphur) wasn't so popular but after seeing all of the regular spots sell out in my size I had to jump. I wish I would have got my head out my butt and ordered during Acrimony's sale 2 weeks ago.
I hope to pick up some more basics and outerwear on sale though.post #223 of 87110/16/12 at 11:25ampost #224 of 87110/16/12 at 11:44ampost #225 of 87110/16/12 at 1:07pmSo I finally decided that I wanted to pull the trigger on a hoodie, my first W+H item, and the color I want is out of stock in size medium. http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/collections/latest-delivery/products/large-loop-hoodie-heather-grey Does anyone know any other stockists that have this in stock? By the way, everyone on this thread has been extremely helpful. Thanks!
- wings+horns F/W 2012
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 44 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 13 minutes ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 13 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Greatcoat and Height of a Man 23 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 24 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 26 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015