or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › wings+horns F/W 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

wings+horns F/W 2012 - Page 14

post #196 of 871
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspasp View Post

for hoodies, do they usually run slimmer? should i size up from my usual size?

Last fall's tiger fleece was pretty slim, but I wouldn't size up. In my opinion, if you typically wear baggy hoodies, this isn't the one for you, but if you don't mind a slimmer one, go true to size. With that said, I haven't tried the large-loop hoodies.

post #197 of 871
Any opinions on their raw denim. I own a few pairs of APC petite standards, thinking about trying out a pair of wings and horns or rag and bone?

http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/collections/bottoms/products/slim-fit-selvage-denim-raw
post #198 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodLife View Post

Any opinions on their raw denim. I own a few pairs of APC petite standards, thinking about trying out a pair of wings and horns or rag and bone?
http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/collections/bottoms/products/slim-fit-selvage-denim-raw

I love my pair.. so much so that I got rid of my APC's and all my N&F's. They fit well, don't stretch much... quality jeans IMO.
post #199 of 871
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodLife View Post

Any opinions on their raw denim. I own a few pairs of APC petite standards, thinking about trying out a pair of wings and horns or rag and bone?
http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/collections/bottoms/products/slim-fit-selvage-denim-raw

Having handled them in the store without trying them on, I would go with w+h over rag and bone. I'm a huge w+h fan, but in the end, assuming both are full price, I'd go with RRL for denim.

post #200 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

I love my pair.. so much so that I got rid of my APC's and all my N&F's. They fit well, don't stretch much... quality jeans IMO.

they're great. i bought a pair in the spring, wore it a few times and now I try it on and my thighs have gotten too big frown.gif
post #201 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodLife View Post

Any opinions on their raw denim. I own a few pairs of APC petite standards, thinking about trying out a pair of wings and horns or rag and bone?
http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/collections/bottoms/products/slim-fit-selvage-denim-raw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

I love my pair.. so much so that I got rid of my APC's and all my N&F's. They fit well, don't stretch much... quality jeans IMO.

I have a pair of straight fit raws from F/W 11 that I wear pretty much daily (in fact, I'm wearing them right now with an AA henley and a tiger fleece hoodie cool.gif ). I sized down one on mine, and the waist stretched enough that I have to wear a belt with them. If I had my druthers, I'd increase the rise and decrease the waist size a little, but overall they're one of my favorite pairs of jeans (and I own way too much raw denim shog[1].gif ).
post #202 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

I have a pair of straight fit raws from F/W 11 that I wear pretty much daily (in fact, I'm wearing them right now with an AA henley and a tiger fleece hoodie cool.gif ). I sized down one on mine, and the waist stretched enough that I have to wear a belt with them. If I had my druthers, I'd increase the rise and decrease the waist size a little, but overall they're one of my favorite pairs of jeans (and I own way too much raw denim shog[1].gif ).

How much did you size down?

Is the straight fits quite slim?
post #203 of 871
Straight fits pretty slim, slightly slimmer than the west point chinos, probably due to the difference in fabrics. The slim version fits like a skinny jean, for comparison (painted on, unless you've got big bird legs). I got a pair of straight fit from FW11 also, went with a size 30, with my true waist size being 32". You should double check measurements because I think the measurements changed this past season...
My pair stretched out maybe 0.5" in the waist.
post #204 of 871
I'm a 32 in all W+H and I went with a 32. You're in Vancouver so why don't you just go to Roden and try them on?
post #205 of 871
I sized down one from a 30 to a 29. The waist might fit better on a 28, but the thighs would probably be too slim. I'd call the straight cut more of a slim cut and the slim cut a skinny cut. Mine are from fall/winter 2011, and I don't know if there have been any changes since then.

I wear a 28 in APC NS, and I could probably wear either a 28 or a 29 in PS.

edit:

I'm wearing them in this picture:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
oLLLk.jpg
post #206 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwithit View Post

I sized down one from a 30 to a 29. The waist might fit better on a 28, but the thighs would probably be too slim. I'd call the straight cut more of a slim cut and the slim cut a skinny cut. Mine are from fall/winter 2011, and I don't know if there have been any changes since then.
I wear a 28 in APC NS, and I could probably wear either a 28 or a 29 in PS.
edit:
I'm wearing them in this picture: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
oLLLk.jpg

really good fit.

nice color on the denim.
post #207 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawlin View Post

I'm a 32 in all W+H and I went with a 32. You're in Vancouver so why don't you just go to Roden and try them on?

Good point, I'll get around to it eventually.
post #208 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspasp View Post

for hoodies, do they usually run slimmer? should i size up from my usual size?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post

Last fall's tiger fleece was pretty slim, but I wouldn't size up. In my opinion, if you typically wear baggy hoodies, this isn't the one for you, but if you don't mind a slimmer one, go true to size. With that said, I haven't tried the large-loop hoodies.

 

Yeah. They're on the slim side. I' usually wear a large with a champion hoody when I go for a run in the fall/winter. The larges in hoodies are always baggy and loose. So a medium which is my true size, I just never got one until I actually spent some money on quality. Wings + Horns large loop hoody fits me perfect in a medium which is probably the best fit for a hood i've ever come across. It is on the slim side, so i would go with your normal size unless you would like a little room, but I'd say if you did size up it would't be that much, only the sleeves would be rather long. Here is a shot. Sorry about the quality.

 

 

post #209 of 871

Large Loop Sweatpants

 

 

Just laying around watching Cops, in a cozy world!

post #210 of 871

Cool, i'll just see when i get my medium, since i have an american apparel S that is pretty slim but I like my hoodies a bit roomier so we'll see how the medium fits since tiger fleece is usually slimmer.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › wings+horns F/W 2012