or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › wings+horns F/W 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

wings+horns F/W 2012 - Page 9

post #121 of 871
Camo pants are nice and the cut is absolutely perfect, but I really wish they simply took the FW11 fabric and changed the colors around. The FW12 pair is a bit too thick for my liking.
post #122 of 871
WTF is with everyone's obsession with camo on here and sufu?

I feel like nothing but a poser or redneck wearing that shit, no matter what the style or brand.

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply

Modern design aesthetic. Handmade in Los Angeles. www.JohnElliott.co | Instagram

Reply
post #123 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSneaker View Post

WTF is with everyone's obsession with camo on here and sufu?
I feel like nothing but a poser or redneck wearing that shit, no matter what the style or brand.

I think camo pants and a white shirt can work even for more conservative folks like myself
post #124 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by pockets96 View Post

Everything panned out like you said, Dbear. They're sending me the purple henley and a shipping label for the returned item. Thumbs up for their customer service.
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Interested to hear what you think of it (and how you sized).
post #125 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSneaker View Post

WTF is with everyone's obsession with camo on here and sufu?
I feel like nothing but a poser or redneck wearing that shit, no matter what the style or brand.

honestly i don't get the shit either. All these camo prints make me puke. Pants, shirts, whatever the fuck it is you name it the SF hype train is on it. don't get.
post #126 of 871
^ I find some camo "wearable" for my taste and I am not a big fan of camo. Not a fan of these WH camo chinos tho.... confused.gif
post #127 of 871

in my (limited) experience.  Camo has always been bounce2.gif when you see it online and "MUST KOP OMGGGG".

 

but when you see it in person and try it on, it's like... uhoh.gif

 

imo, to make it work, the camo has to be really subtle.

post #128 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

in my (limited) experience.  Camo has always been bounce2.gif when you see it online and "MUST KOP OMGGGG".

 

but when you see it in person and try it on, it's like... uhoh.gif

 

imo, to make it work, the camo has to be really subtle.

Which is why I like this season's black camo pants. Really subtle, looks like black pants from a distance and you can see the camo up close or in daylight.

post #129 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by candrew View Post

Which is why I like this season's black camo pants. Really subtle, looks like black pants from a distance and you can see the camo up close or in daylight.
Ditto. I think camo is one of the harder things to pull off, and I generally dislike camo print on most things. This seasons black pants are sublte enough that they'd be fairly easy to pull-off imo. The blue, not so much.

Someone who has a pair should take a shot in daylight/direct sunlight, be curious to see the difference in lighting.
post #130 of 871
W+h experts, i have a question--do the westpoint chinos stretch much in the waist? I bought a pair that fits nicely on the legs but is tight in the waist, and am not sure if I should keep or exchange
post #131 of 871
^ keep. the waist will stretch a bit, especially if its snug right now.
post #132 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnxramen View Post

W+h experts, i have a question--do the westpoint chinos stretch much in the waist? I bought a pair that fits nicely on the legs but is tight in the waist, and am not sure if I should keep or exchange

wet the waist and wear it while damp. that will stretch it.
post #133 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnxramen View Post

W+h experts, i have a question--do the westpoint chinos stretch much in the waist? I bought a pair that fits nicely on the legs but is tight in the waist, and am not sure if I should keep or exchange

I think, it depends on colour.
I know they are all same fabrics but olive and navy stretched a bit, tan didn't for me
post #134 of 871
it boggles my mind that W&H still hasn't fixed their quality control process with buttons. just picked up slub blazer, slub pants, and oxford charcoal (from s/s) and i will need to reinforce the buttons on all of them. The buttons are pretty much falling off the oxford. That's like four years of the same easily fixable problem lol.
post #135 of 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis View Post

it boggles my mind that W&H still hasn't fixed their quality control process with buttons. just picked up slub blazer, slub pants, and oxford charcoal (from s/s) and i will need to reinforce the buttons on all of them. The buttons are pretty much falling off the oxford. That's like four years of the same easily fixable problem lol.

 

A process that really works is once you buy your new W+H, take a dab of clear nail polish and dab it over the front and back where the button stich is, it will harden in place and you'll avoid having to go through this!!  works wonders for my slub pants!  only need a tiny dab -hope this helps

 

cheers,

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › wings+horns F/W 2012