Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- W. W. Chan dinner suit commission Last post on 3/1/13 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- MONITALY AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 9/23/14 at 11:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:29 pm in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Please, critique my first bespoke jacket - Page 2post #16 of 266/4/12 at 8:03pmIt looks nice with the new pics. There are varying opinions about how to de-emphasize a pear shaped body, but in my opinion opening up the quarters (cutting away the fronts to reveal more negative space below the button) along with lowering the button stance are the biggest aides. Opening up the quarters creates less fabric down around your large hips and visually breaks up the area so it doesn't appear as massive; and lowering the button stance elongates the upper torso and strengthens the chest. Fiddle with it in photoshop or paint and you'll see what I mean. Slant the hacking pockets steeper and move them farther out and away from the center of the torso, see Huntsman's website. I just have my tailor create the pocket flaps, but not actually make the pockets, since that adds mass in the place you don't want it. Worse comes to worse you can get your next jacket in a light fabric and trousers in dark... that is a huge help in countering the pear shape; but it does look more casual.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 266/4/12 at 8:42pmI'm no expert but overall I think it's pretty good, not amazing, but not terrible. I spot a collar gap, also a dropped right shoulder, and lastly the hacked pockets plus high button stance are accentuating your hips. The sleeves could be narrower, and either the shirt sleeves are long or the suit sleeves are short.post #18 of 266/5/12 at 2:40ampost #19 of 266/5/12 at 3:04ampost #20 of 266/5/12 at 3:40amQuote:
I thought wide lapels and discreet waist suppresion were a good way to counter a pear shape? Other than that, lower button stance with open quarters and straight pockets with no flaps should be helpful next time.post #21 of 266/5/12 at 8:16ampost #22 of 266/5/12 at 1:40pmpost #23 of 266/5/12 at 2:43pmpost #24 of 266/6/12 at 8:52pmThread Starterpost #25 of 266/6/12 at 9:04pm
- Please, critique my first bespoke jacket
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Currently, there are 1251 Active Users (238 Members and 1013 Guests)
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › 13 Feb new wallets - BERLUTI MEGATHREAD - Wallets, card holders,... 7 minutes ago
- › Justice Scalia Has Died 8 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.