or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Double Monk Straps under $200?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Double Monk Straps under $200? - Page 2

post #16 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post


This statement makes you a bonafide idiot.


+1

 

fistbump.gif

 

 

These are my favourite "Fugly" Monk Straps :- http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Barker-Black-Euston-Monk-Strap-Loafer-Shoes/prod144610015/  Love 'em  -  how would I kick ass without them!
 
what are your favorite MS?
 
 
My second favorite:-
 
Oakham-Sample-3.jpg
 
<-- My second favorite MS
post #17 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

country style and heavy cloth only. they are overhyped...

um, yeah, no.
post #18 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

This statement makes you a bonafide idiot.

No, he was a bona fide idiot long before making that statement.
post #19 of 31
[
How is the construction of Bexley? This is the first time I've heard of them.
.[/quote]


I own a Bexley Charles . Most Bexleys are goodyear welted and while the leather is not as soft as my Church,s or C & J I am expecting them to last as much with proper care and rotation. Good deal for the price IMO.
post #20 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballmouse View Post

 

zengara-30011-black-106o.jpg

I stand corrected, there is something fuglier than a double skunk.

post #21 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post


This statement makes you a bonafide idiot.

Why don't you post your real pic Chump.You've never bought a NEW shoe in your life and have no taste.

post #22 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

Great! Glad we got that out of that way! Since you hated them, they are overhyped and no good, got it rotflmao.gif

Yes they are, and that horrible fat vamp across the shoe is hideous imo just like the 2 buckles. Remember that the ugly part is just my personal opinion (based on experience, not in pictures) so nobody have to agree with it. But the over hyped part is not an opinion, it's a fact, everybody want the damn fugly things.
post #23 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snedley View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

This statement makes you a bonafide idiot.
Why don't you post your real pic Chump.You've never bought a NEW shoe in your life and have no taste.

You're right I never bought a new shoe. I buy them in pairs.
For a new member you're quite rude. You remind me of.....nahh...couldn't be..... I wonder how many times you've been banned from here before. It won't be hard to have your IP address checked.
If I were you, I would start being very nice to everyone around here.
Back to the OPs question....please suggest a double monk strap under or around $200.
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikod View Post


Yes they are, and that horrible fat vamp across the shoe is hideous imo just like the 2 buckles. Remember that the ugly part is just my personal opinion (based on experience, not in pictures) so nobody have to agree with it. But the over hyped part is not an opinion, it's a fact, everybody want the damn fugly things.

 

Yes taste is subjective, but the fact that you gave in to the hype or even perceived hype demonstrates weak character.

post #25 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirling View Post

Yes taste is subjective, but the fact that you gave in to the hype or even perceived hype demonstrates weak character.
That's cold.
post #26 of 31
150 Euros plus shipping. http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338

250Euros before VAT rebate http://www.zalando.de/loake-cannon-slipper-brown-lo212a00h-702.html

Double monks aren't "fugly" but they are pretty over hyped around here. They look fine with most suits. I think bluchers often look worse.

271
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post


That's cold.

 

Why?

 

He has repeatedly expressed his vitriolic feelings toward DMs but has also confessed to purchasing a pair because of groupthink.

post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by emc894 View Post

150 Euros plus shipping. http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338
 

 

+1 for Meermin

post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by emc894 View Post

Double monks aren't "fugly" but they are pretty over hyped around here. They look fine with most suits. I think bluchers often look worse.

it's not debatable but subjective.
post #30 of 31
.
Edited by rikod - 6/6/12 at 7:20pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Double Monk Straps under $200?