or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments FW 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Engineered Garments FW 2012 - Page 67

post #991 of 1411
Damn Andover why you got to fit so slim?

Too tight in upper back shoulder area and can barely button. Size M, Steven Alan sale most likely available at cost if anyone wants it. Gonna check to see if you can let it out a bit as it's a nice jacket and perfect for my casual business casual
post #992 of 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by workhorseblues View Post

Nice purchase!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by canstyleace View Post

^ Indeed, congrats knight...
If it were a lighter grey I would also jump on that 3 piece.

 

 

Thanks guys!
It all arrived today! So you can just imagine the look on my face. I agree about the lighter grey option too. That could look beautiful! I just love that glen plaid patterning and the charcoal isnt as 'black' as some of the photos may suggest - misleading but for the better! I intended to wear this with a Round collar shirt in black with white polka dot and a tie to match. Should work [fingers crossed]. Watch this space. Ill post a fit pic soon.
post #993 of 1411
Looking forward to that fit picture, you're wardrobe must be looking rather impressive!

Does anyone have any experience with any of this seasons Coleman or Railroad jackets?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post


post #994 of 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

got the olive shawl collar shirt jacket in from drink waters (thanks gary!) today.
it's an awesome piece. honestly, way better than i expected. i'll post quick fit pics tomorrow. fit is boxy and short and I'd say the shoulders are probably on the wider side. one internal pocket, contrast white stitching on the corners of the pockets, the metal buttons which seem to be on everything this season (I like them, but we'll see how they hold up). the wool is a nice rough fabric. feels very wwii reminiscent to me for some reason. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


have the shawl collar shirt jacket in herringbone. i'm 5 '10' and length of jacket is great for me. I like the fit i'm an athletic build not skinny & the medium fits like it's been tailored for me. May try & pick up the olive in the sales.
post #995 of 1411
Did bloomingdales stop carrying EG?
I called both NY stores and nobody even know the brand..
least season i ordered a bunch of stuff from them
post #996 of 1411
The bloomies in sf has a fairly large amount of eg. Call them up.
post #997 of 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Damn Andover why you got to fit so slim?
Too tight in upper back shoulder area and can barely button. Size M, Steven Alan sale most likely available at cost if anyone wants it. Gonna check to see if you can let it out a bit as it's a nice jacket and perfect for my casual business casual

Which version did you get and what are your measurements?
post #998 of 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight View Post

Thanks guys!
It all arrived today! So you can just imagine the look on my face. I agree about the lighter grey option too. That could look beautiful! I just love that glen plaid patterning and the charcoal isnt as 'black' as some of the photos may suggest - misleading but for the better! I intended to wear this with a Round collar shirt in black with white polka dot and a tie to match. Should work [fingers crossed]. Watch this space. Ill post a fit pic soon.

I'd also like to see some pics,,,, mostly interested in the actual color/tone of that suit.

The main reason I didn't buy it was that I already have another charcoal 3 piece from EG and, from the few pics that I've seen of the GP version, I think that other than the subtle GP pattern they would look pretty much identical.

Also wondering how warm it is since I need something on the lighter side for my local weather, same reason I didn't jump on the navy serge version,,,, I also hope they put out a nice blend 3 piece in med-brown or olive soon.
post #999 of 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

Which version did you get and what are your measurements?

Details in my sig but it's a Glen Plaid Andover and it measures as:

Shoulders: 18
Chest: 20 (with second button buttoned, laid flat)
Sleeve length from shoulder seam: 25
Length from back of collar 27
post #1000 of 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus View Post

Did bloomingdales stop carrying EG?
I called both NY stores and nobody even know the brand..
least season i ordered a bunch of stuff from them

The Broadway store carries EG. From what I have seen, their staff tries to be helpful but is not very knowledgeable about what they have.

I do not remember specifics off hand, but I was there a few weeks ago and was disappointed with what they had.
post #1001 of 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by canstyleace View Post


I'd also like to see some pics,,,, mostly interested in the actual color/tone of that suit.
The main reason I didn't buy it was that I already have another charcoal 3 piece from EG and, from the few pics that I've seen of the GP version, I think that other than the subtle GP pattern they would look pretty much identical.
Also wondering how warm it is since I need something on the lighter side for my local weather, same reason I didn't jump on the navy serge version,,,, I also hope they put out a nice blend 3 piece in med-brown or olive soon.

 

I'll be taking the picture/s this weekend i'll get a close up shot as well so you see the true shade of grey. If it helps, its a deep charcoal that has a brown-ness to it, but once it hits the light it appears grey. The glen plaid pattern appears to be black. I think the pic i posted earlier is the best reference point for the moment as its shot in situ and most likely how people will be looking at the pieces and not close up [IMO].

 

I'd probably go for the flannel over the serge. I know this bc i have the E1 pant in the serge wool and it felt fuller.

post #1002 of 1411
Saw this on tumblr

Engineered Garments SS13
post #1003 of 1411
Pretty sure that's just a still from The Big Lebowski, am I missing something here?
post #1004 of 1411
Its a joke
post #1005 of 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaTimH View Post

Pretty sure that's just a still from The Big Lebowski, am I missing something here?

you mean aside from the attempt at humor?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments FW 2012