or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments FW 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Engineered Garments FW 2012 - Page 12

post #166 of 1411
Can anyone with a good knowledge of FW12 advise which jackets will be available in grey wool/herringbone, and any known stockists?

Thanks.
post #167 of 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS1979 View Post

Can anyone with a good knowledge of FW12 advise which jackets will be available in grey wool/herringbone, and any known stockists?
Thanks.

For sure the Truman Jacket is available in wool herringbone...
post #168 of 1411
Jonathan + Olivia has FW 12 up, including a Cruiser Jacket in Camo wool--for $950 CAD.
post #169 of 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmin209 View Post

Jonathan + Olivia has FW 12 up, including a Cruiser Jacket in Camo wool--for $950 CAD.

The logical side of me understands the difficulties of Canadian retailers importing goods into the country and the extra costs incurred, however there is the consumer part of me that screams "I'm getting screwed!" by some of these prices.

post #170 of 1411
Actually, I don't think their prices are (historically) out of line with US retailers. $900+ may be the going rate for the jacket.
post #171 of 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS1979 View Post

Can anyone with a good knowledge of FW12 advise which jackets will be available in grey wool/herringbone, and any known stockists?
Thanks.

i'm on the hunt for a grey wool/herringbone jacket this season as well. the official catalog shows a baker jacket in this material. http://www.nepenthes.co.jp/brands/2012fw/details/eg/fig07.html

i'm hoping they also make a bedford with it.
post #172 of 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfrog View Post

i'm on the hunt for a grey wool/herringbone jacket this season as well. the official catalog shows a baker jacket in this material. http://www.nepenthes.co.jp/brands/2012fw/details/eg/fig07.html
i'm hoping they also make a bedford with it.

Unfortunately no Bedford. The only Grey Wool Herringbone jackets this season are:

Shawl Collar Shirt "Jacket"
Railroader Jacket
Truman Jacket
Baker Jacket
post #173 of 1411
We all know Context styling sucks, but I want to know why.

Is it because they tug their shirts in? shirt size too big, too small? no layering? their models have no charisma (no offense, their 4th of July photo shoot was unwatchable)?
post #174 of 1411

Will there be a Bedford in wool serge or uniform serge ?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCoHammers7 View Post


Unfortunately no Bedford. The only Grey Wool Herringbone jackets this season are:
Shawl Collar Shirt "Jacket"
Railroader Jacket
Truman Jacket
Baker Jacket
post #175 of 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangential View Post

Will there be a Bedford in wool serge or uniform serge ?

Available fabrics for Bedford models are the following:

Lined Bedford:
Navy 20 oz Melton
Navy Wool Camo
Grey Homespun Jersey
Grey Herringbone Jersey

Unlined Bedford:
Navy Wool Denim
Khaki Cotton Whipcord
Olive Cotton Whipcord
Navy Cotton Whipcord
post #176 of 1411
what's a lined bedford like :\
post #177 of 1411
Dropped by MAC today. They had:

- Baker Jacket in Red Stripe Grey Wool
- Type 5 Jean Jacket
- Type 5 Jean
- Floral Shirt, Pink/White
- Tab Collar Shirt, Denim
- Workshirt, Grey Vintage Chambray
- Andover, Black Serge
- 19th BD Shirt, White
- 2 plaid scarves

This is approx. 30% of their order.

They did not order much in the way of heavy wools, like the Melton or Wool Camo, as they are too much for SF winters.

Impressions:
- Floral shirt material is very soft but not too delicate. Slightly thicker than standard shirting fabrics.
- Type 5 jean denim is hefty. Expect the railroader to be pretty nice in this.
- Grey vintage chambray is nicer in person than in pics.
- Plaid shirting fabric are on the thin side.

No pickups from this visit. They will also be receiving Post Overalls, Sunny Sports and WWM.
post #178 of 1411
Thread Starter 
Today we will be visiting EG to do our SS13 buy, so follow us on our Facebook group page to see what we are doing while we are here in The Big Apple. Eating well, I can assure you!
post #179 of 1411
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oven1969 View Post

We all know Context styling sucks, but I want to know why.
Is it because they tug their shirts in? shirt size too big, too small? no layering? their models have no charisma (no offense, their 4th of July photo shoot was unwatchable)?

Trousers pulled so far up your crack it makes your eyes water!
post #180 of 1411
Was hoping to see a FW Dayton shirt, hope they do more for SS13 at least
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments FW 2012