I mostly wear OCBD's so the shawl collar helps keep the shirt collar in place, not sure how'd that work with a regular no-collar vest, would hate to have the shirt collar overlapping constantly, it happens sometimes with the shawl collar and its not something I enjoy.
I really want to thank all the members who chimed in on the navy uniform fabric,,, hot damn this thing is sweet, the fabric really does have a great hand, perfect shade of navy, got a nice fabric stamp at the second hem roll, great versatility, not too casual, not too stiff and using the separates will make it even more worthwhile,,,, soo glad I caved.
Here's the unexpected part, J+O shipped the suit to SoCal in 3 days for 25 CAD and no customs bill, I did ask them to properly label the customs form as wool/cotton garments and made in the USA thinking this might bring the bill down but I wasn't expecting no charges at all, made a great purchase even better, so cheers to J+O on this one, with all the bad rap I've read here about their international shipping this was a nice surprise, heres my timeline with them:
- Dec 24, called around 5pm est and no answer, left message but no callback
- Dec 24, emailed order around 8pm est
- Dec 26, called at noon, asked about my order, they hadn't seen it so I made sure they did and was told they'd email back after a stock check
- Dec 26, received email around 3pm with stock confirmation and billing info request
- Dec 26, emailed my billing info around 5pm and got a fast reply saying tracking info would follow soon
- Dec 27, received email with tracking info around noon
- Dec 29, received package before noonEdited by canstyleace - 12/30/12 at 8:00am