or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › "Random rules": 10 random songs from your player
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Random rules": 10 random songs from your player - Page 3

post #31 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini
Recommend you go this route:
http://www.pandora.com/
http://www.last.fm/

With Pandora you type in the bands you listen to and it creates a personalized streaming station based on your genres and the opinions of others with similar musical tastes.

Last.fm is similar but a tad more limited in terms of exploring new music. It does have more artists, however.

Both are free.

Excellent idea - but preferably go for the double whammy, pandora.fm
post #32 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman
I have the same problem as GQ -- how do you guys find out about/hear this stuff? No iPod either, this is from WinAmp.
Go to this thread and get everything on it.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ight=freakbeat
post #33 of 745
I have a playlist that I use for work/driving. My whole collection is not on there yet.

1. Chemical Bros - Hold tight london
2. James - Laid
3. eagles - I ca't tell you why
4. David Bowie - Young Americans
5. Kraftwerk - Computer world part2
6. Everclear - Heroin Girl
7. The Lemonheads - Kitchen
8. Al Green - Old Time Lovin'
9. New Order - World in Motion
10. Bryan Adams - Run to you
post #34 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek
i've hear of maybe 5 of the bands listed in this thread. i'm so out of the loop.

No worries. For fun I posted ten nonsense songs by ridiculously named bands in another one of these threads. No one batted an eye. There are a lot of bands out there and everyone tries to "out-obscure" each other.

My real songs from my IPOD, just doing shuffle real fast:

1. Imagine by Eva Cassidy
2. Take It Easy (Live) by The Eagles
3. Don't Know Where She's Going by Cory Morrow
4. Open All Night by Bruce Springsteen
5. Whip You With a Strap by Ghostface Killah
6. Typical Situation by Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
7. O Fortuna by Carl Orff
8. The Doctor's Office by Dr. Dre
9. Intro by KRS-One
10. What Would You Give in Exchange for Your Soul by Lester Flatt and the Nashville Grasseaters.
post #35 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
No worries. For fun I posted ten nonsense songs by ridiculously named bands in another one of these threads. No one batted an eye. There are a lot of bands out there and everyone tries to "out-obscure" each other. My real songs from my IPOD, just doing shuffle real fast: 1. Imagine by Eva Cassidy 2. Take It Easy (Live) by The Eagles 3. Don't Know Where She's Going by Cory Morrow 4. Open All Night by Bruce Springsteen 5. Whip You With a Strap by Ghostface Killah 6. Typical Situation by Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds 7. O Fortuna by Carl Orff 8. The Doctor's Office by Dr. Dre 9. Intro by KRS-One 10. What Would You Give in Exchange for Your Soul by Lester Flatt and the Nashville Grasseaters.
Out obscure? The ones I put were actually surprisingly well known compared to some of the stuff on my machine...lol P.s. I only recognize two-three of the bands you posted so...
post #36 of 745
irresistible...(real time comments in brackets)

1. Wayfaring Stranger - Jack White (not a bad start, forgot I had this)
2. Simply Beautiful - Al Green (oh this is great, no-one better than the rev)
3. Minsato Le, Mi Dayihome - Orchestre Poly-Rythmo De Cotonou Dahomey(This looks pretentious I admit, but really this is one song on a fantastic afrobeat compilation i got cause it was on david byrne's label luaka bop)
4. It's Jigaboo Time - The Pharcyde
5. The Thrill is Gone - Aretha Franklin (one of three versions on the itunes Chet baker and bb king the other two, if I could only take one with me, it would be this one)

I'm halfway through and hugely enjoying this - thanks to the original poster.

6. 4 Better or 4 Worse - The Pharcyde
7. Broken Stones - Paul Weller
8. I'll Rise - Ben Harper (lyrics by Maya Angelou I believe)
9. As - Stevie Wonder
10. 59th St Bridge Song - Simon and Garfunkel (randomness)

on with I Hope That I Don't Fall in Love With You by Tom Waits
post #37 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC
I use it all the time when I'm listening at the computer, but not when I'm using my ipod itself.

The first 10 from my Party Shuffle:

1. Fool In the Rain (Led Zeppelin)
2. Appalachia Waltz (Yo-Yo Ma, Mark O'Connor, Edgar Meyer)
3. Tennessee Waltz (Bill Monroe)
4. Neville St. Claire's Nostalgia (Patrick Gowers/Sherlock Holmes Soundtrack)
5. Shine (Benny Goodman)
6. Stringing the Blues (Joe Venuti's Blue Four)
7. When You Got a Good Friend (Robert Johnson)
8. Unequal Love (Del McCoury Band)
9. Church (Lyle Lovett)
10. Kim (Charlie Parker)

Not too bad, actually. I was afraid of what might show up!

Love the bluegrass stuff
post #38 of 745
Let's see...

Elliott Smith - Between the Bars
Art Brut - Moving to L.A.
Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
The Shins - Turn a Square
Sufjan Stevens - The Seer's Tower
Sonic Youth - Teen Age Riot
The Beatles - Polythene Pam
Rufus Wainwright - California
Margot & The Nuclear So and So's - A Sea Chanty of Sort
Neutral Milk Hotel - The Fool
post #39 of 745
Muse- "Take a Bow"
L'Arc~en~Ciel- "永遠"
Ayumi Hamasaki- "Independent"
Rage Against the Machine- "Born of a Broken Man"
Morrissy- "Ouiji Board, Ouiji Board"
The Strokes- "Vision of Division"
Gazette- "Filth in Beauty"
Nujabes- "Aruarian Dance"
Eclectic Approach- "Hookt"
Horror Pops- "Walk Like a Zombie"

my hard drive is kinda full of random songs/styles.
post #40 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratboycom
Nujabes- "Aruarian Dance"
<3 Champloo.
post #41 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
My real songs from my IPOD, just doing shuffle real fast: 7. O Fortuna by Carl Orff
I love the Carmina Burana. Singing O Fortuna was one of the greatest pleasures of my life.
post #42 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
Excellent idea - but preferably go for the double whammy, pandora.fm
Stop trying out do me, Tucson. Connemara, where's your Clannad, Rainneach, Irish Rovers, etc.?
post #43 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara


I love the Carmina Burana. Singing O Fortuna was one of the greatest pleasures of my life.
Not a Pogues fan, Connie?

For shame, for shame, fie.

"There's a Tesco on the sacred ground...
While Judas took his measly price
And St Anthony gazed in awe at Christ..."
post #44 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini
Stop trying out do me, Tucson.

Connemara, where's your Clannad, Rainneach, Irish Rovers, etc.?

I am not trying to outdo you, kiddo. It is your fault, just making it too easy for me
post #45 of 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
I am not trying to outdo you, kiddo. It is your fault, just making it too easy for me
Maybe you're right. I should learn to take it easy on the elderly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › "Random rules": 10 random songs from your player