or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › My first suit at Lee Baron. Issues?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My first suit at Lee Baron. Issues?

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Hi all, last week was my first time going to Lee Baron. Got a suit made with VBC Super 120s. It's very comfortable but I have some concerns about the fittings that I can't put my fingers on. I was thinking the jacket may be too long, and also the overlap in the front is very strange - what do you think caused it? Any input will be very appreciated! Thanks. Also, I can also any questions regarding the experience for those thinking about going.

466

466

466
post #2 of 20

I'm nowhere near the level of other SF'ers but from what I could see the sleeves could be a bit shorter and the pants are too long. The length of the jacket looks fine. IMHO

post #3 of 20
You need to get the pants hemmed.I would prefer bigger lapels and open quarters.Sleeves could be shortened.
post #4 of 20
You wear your trouser too low. Hence making the jacket looks long.

The only real problem I can spot is the button on the jacket is extremely high. If that is your natural waist than it is fine.

Pull your trouser up
post #5 of 20
Thread Starter 
Thanks. In the picture the trousers are actually right under my belly button. Maybe my anatomy is strange haha. In that case then my button is unusually high. Is that what's causing the overlapping in the front when buttoned?
post #6 of 20
As stated earlier pants look long but I think the sleeves look fine.
post #7 of 20
My two cents.
- Jacket sleeve is fine, it's your shirt sleeve that doesn't cover your wrist
- Trousers are too short or maybe you wear the trousers too low
- Button placement can be lower. Jacket length is fine.
post #8 of 20
Does not look good I'm afraid.

Trousers are certainly too long (staggered that the tailor did not see this one, very worrying about Lee Baron Abilities) and the coat is maybe 3/8" too long as well although it is thrown by the pocket flaps which look oversize. Sleeves of the coat slightly too short - are your shirt sleeves rolled up as none is showing which is even more confusing.

Are you able to go back with this and discuss these points?
post #9 of 20
We need a back shot. The front looks ok except for the fact that the rise of the trousers. It needs to be worn higher.

You may need to tweak the rise of the trousers to make it higher or shorten length of the jacket to make it more balanced. You'll definitely benefit from higher rise.
post #10 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post

Does not look good I'm afraid.
Trousers are certainly too long (staggered that the tailor did not see this one, very worrying about Lee Baron Abilities) and the coat is maybe 3/8" too long as well although it is thrown by the pocket flaps which look oversize. Sleeves of the coat slightly too short - are your shirt sleeves rolled up as none is showing which is even more confusing.
Are you able to go back with this and discuss these points?
The sleeves of my shirt may be too short. I was told by them that after wearing the suit for a while the crease at the elbow will lift the sleeve up to show a quarter inch of shirt cuff. Anyway, I'd like to get some more opinions because if it's fixable they can do it for me.
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTA View Post

My two cents.
- Jacket sleeve is fine, it's your shirt sleeve that doesn't cover your wrist
- Trousers are too short or maybe you wear the trousers too low
- Button placement can be lower. Jacket length is fine.

baldy[1].gif
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbat View Post

The sleeves of my shirt may be too short. I was told by them that after wearing the suit for a while the crease at the elbow will lift the sleeve up to show a quarter inch of shirt cuff. Anyway, I'd like to get some more opinions because if it's fixable they can do it for me.

Mmm. I'd translate that as we do not want to be bothered altering the sleeves. IF that is the case they will look even worse. Where did the shirt come from?
post #13 of 20

I have found Lee Baron's service to be sub-par. I went to the shop and wanted to have a few shirts made. Three days later, when I collected the shirt, I was horrified to find that the cuffs and collars were of a different shade when compared to the shirt body. I'm guessing that it's because the fabric is old and has been kept for a long time, hence the discoloration at different parts. Needless to say, I was disappointed and took my business elsewhere.

 

I'm not demanding impeccable fit, not at that price, but I'd expect that the color of the shirt should at least be uniform throughout the shirt.

post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by marburymadison View Post

I have found Lee Baron's service to be sub-par. I went to the shop and wanted to have a few shirts made. Three days later, when I collected the shirt, I was horrified to find that the cuffs and collars were of a different shade when compared to the shirt body. I'm guessing that it's because the fabric is old and has been kept for a long time, hence the discoloration at different parts. Needless to say, I was disappointed and took my business elsewhere.

I'm not demanding impeccable fit, not at that price, but I'd expect that the color of the shirt should at least be uniform throughout the shirt.

Did you ask them to rectify it? It should be quite straightforward to change the collars and cuff (assuming they had more of the correct colour fabric in stock).

OP - the length of the jacket looks fine to me (any shorter would look odd I think). Likewise, I think the sleeve length is fine too (it seems as though your shirts sleeves may be a touch too short).

The trousers do look too long as there is too much pooling of fabric. The quarters are also far too closed for my taste. I also think the jacket could do with a touch more waist suppression.
post #15 of 20

I did. They denied there is a color problem even though it's evident there's one. I even showed the shirt to my friends who concurred about the color problem.

 

And I'm saying this w/o drawing attention to the fact that despite them agreeing that they will accede to my requests for a split yoke and pattern matching, they didn't execute either.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › My first suit at Lee Baron. Issues?