Related Forum Threads
- Wedding Attire Budget: Buy versus Rent Last post on 8/18/12 at 7:46pm in Classic Menswear
- My wedding... Last post on Yesterday at 10:46 am in Classic Menswear
- I hate the idea of wearing a traditional tux for a wedding so I was just curious what you guys... Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:31am in Classic Menswear
- Black tie wedding Last post on 9/11/12 at 12:15pm in Classic Menswear
- Wedding Tux: Shawl vs. Peak for broad/muscular shoulders Last post on 8/5/12 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
Last edited: 9/16/11
- What Tuxedo Do I Need For A Black Tie Event?Last edited: 10/12/12
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Have to wear Men's Wearhouse Tux for a wedding.... - Page 4post #46 of 643/8/13 at 1:52pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47 of 643/8/13 at 5:18pmpost #48 of 643/9/13 at 4:00amQuote:Originally Posted by jeff13007
I went to a friends wedding recently where everyone was in suits. I wore a solid navy blue suit from Steed with a white shirt and grey tie, pretty much what everyone else was wearing but swap navy blue with grey, and the grey tie with blue and vice versa. The bride actually approached me that night and asked me why "i out dressed the groom" I felt like a jackass the rest of the night.
I know I'm replying to an old post, but anyway... You had no reason at all to feel so. She was a tactless cow for insulting you, a guest at her wedding. Even if you had committed some egregious offense, which you did not, it still would display an immense lack of class on her part to insult you.post #49 of 643/9/13 at 4:02ampost #50 of 643/9/13 at 5:34ampost #51 of 643/9/13 at 9:45amQuote:
True enough; given the considerable passage of time, no one would ever find himself in such a predicament anymore. Please accept my apologies for needlessly striking a nerve.post #52 of 643/9/13 at 9:48ampost #53 of 643/9/13 at 10:22amQuote:
Not really. I realize your post was an attempt to "cleverly" rephrase his post and throw it back in his face, but it failed pretty poorly.
His contribution was, indeed, timeless.post #54 of 643/9/13 at 10:48amQuote:
The +1 next to my comment says that I'm balls deep in WIN while your comment just says that you're dangling from his balls.post #55 of 643/9/13 at 10:54amQuote:
This might be the saddest post coming from a (presumed) adult that I have read on here in a while. How absolutely embarrassing for you.post #56 of 643/9/13 at 11:03amQuote:
That doesn't make it any less true. It's only sad because the truth hurts. As long as you acknowledge that....dangle well my friendpost #57 of 643/9/13 at 11:37ampost #58 of 643/9/13 at 11:38amQuote:
This is true, and it actually looks half decent, except (if I'm not mistaken), it has a notch lapel no?post #59 of 643/9/13 at 3:04pmQuote:
Actually notch lapel isn't the worse, the RTW dinner jacket from Richard Anderson has a notch lapel as well.
But again, dinner jacket will almost never look good unless bespokepost #60 of 643/10/13 at 12:41am
- Have to wear Men's Wearhouse Tux for a wedding....
- What Tuxedo Do I Need For A Black Tie Event?
- › 32 TIE MEGATHREAD! Extra Long and Regular Ties! Regimentals, Neats,... 7 seconds ago
- › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition****** 1 minute ago
- › BNWT Robert Geller Zip Blazer 46 1 minute ago
- › Moma Leather boots, size 42 1 minute ago
- › JoS. A. Bank Cedar Shoe trees on sale 1 minute ago
- › The Wide Fitting Shoe Trading Post (EEE / G width) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...