Related Forum Threads
- Wedding Attire Budget: Buy versus Rent Last post on 8/18/12 at 7:46pm in Classic Menswear
- My wedding... Last post on 4/11/15 at 10:57am in Classic Menswear
- I hate the idea of wearing a traditional tux for a wedding so I was just curious what you guys... Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:31am in Classic Menswear
- Black tie wedding Last post on 9/11/12 at 12:15pm in Classic Menswear
- Wedding Tux: Shawl vs. Peak for broad/muscular shoulders Last post on 8/5/12 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
Last edited: 9/16/11
- What Tuxedo Do I Need For A Black Tie Event?Last edited: 10/12/12
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Have to wear Men's Wearhouse Tux for a wedding.... - Page 4post #46 of 643/8/13 at 1:52pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47 of 643/8/13 at 5:18pmpost #48 of 643/9/13 at 4:00amQuote:Originally Posted by jeff13007
I went to a friends wedding recently where everyone was in suits. I wore a solid navy blue suit from Steed with a white shirt and grey tie, pretty much what everyone else was wearing but swap navy blue with grey, and the grey tie with blue and vice versa. The bride actually approached me that night and asked me why "i out dressed the groom" I felt like a jackass the rest of the night.
I know I'm replying to an old post, but anyway... You had no reason at all to feel so. She was a tactless cow for insulting you, a guest at her wedding. Even if you had committed some egregious offense, which you did not, it still would display an immense lack of class on her part to insult you.post #49 of 643/9/13 at 4:02ampost #50 of 643/9/13 at 5:34ampost #51 of 643/9/13 at 9:45amQuote:
True enough; given the considerable passage of time, no one would ever find himself in such a predicament anymore. Please accept my apologies for needlessly striking a nerve.post #52 of 643/9/13 at 9:48ampost #53 of 643/9/13 at 10:22amQuote:
Not really. I realize your post was an attempt to "cleverly" rephrase his post and throw it back in his face, but it failed pretty poorly.
His contribution was, indeed, timeless.post #54 of 643/9/13 at 10:48amQuote:
The +1 next to my comment says that I'm balls deep in WIN while your comment just says that you're dangling from his balls.post #55 of 643/9/13 at 10:54amQuote:
This might be the saddest post coming from a (presumed) adult that I have read on here in a while. How absolutely embarrassing for you.post #56 of 643/9/13 at 11:03amQuote:
That doesn't make it any less true. It's only sad because the truth hurts. As long as you acknowledge that....dangle well my friendpost #57 of 643/9/13 at 11:37ampost #58 of 643/9/13 at 11:38amQuote:
This is true, and it actually looks half decent, except (if I'm not mistaken), it has a notch lapel no?post #59 of 643/9/13 at 3:04pmQuote:
Actually notch lapel isn't the worse, the RTW dinner jacket from Richard Anderson has a notch lapel as well.
But again, dinner jacket will almost never look good unless bespokepost #60 of 643/10/13 at 12:41am
- Have to wear Men's Wearhouse Tux for a wedding....
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Tuxedo Do I Need For A Black Tie Event?
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 8 minutes ago
- › Lanvin black patent and suede SZ 8 10 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 12 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 24 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 27 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUN... 34 minutes ago
- › Ludwig Reiter Norweiger Blucher size 9.5 D (US) in Sandwood color 37 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 37 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...