or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Uneven heels
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Uneven heels

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Ok, so I just got a pair of Loake 1880 brogues which are superb but the heel on the right one is about 2-3mm on the inside compared to outside. The outside of the heel is fine, and match the left shoe which is fine but is this within tolerance for a bench-made shoe? If not, should I send back or ask for a free refurb from the seller (Pediwear)?
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bydandie View Post

Ok, so I just got a pair of Loake 1880 brogues which are superb but the heel on the right one is about 2-3mm on the inside compared to outside. The outside of the heel is fine, and match the left shoe which is fine but is this within tolerance for a bench-made shoe? If not, should I send back or ask for a free refurb from the seller (Pediwear)?

 

Personally it wouldn't worry me. 

post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirling View Post

 

Personally it wouldn't worry me. 

Thanks, looking some more, the issue is with the polishing of the heel on the right shoe.  The heads of the nails have been polished off.

 

4a798315.jpg

 

Which is different from the one on the left shoe.

 

946e330b.jpg

 

0939b698.jpg

post #4 of 9
I agree that this is a serious concern if you intend never to wear the shoes.
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

I agree that this is a serious concern if you intend never to wear the shoes.

 

Thanks, the key I guess is if it will make any material difference to the heels and the wearing of the shoes?  I pronate, so the wear is on the other side, if it's not going to make a mechanical difference to my walking or cause the sole to come away due to the heads of the tacks being there, then that's ok.

post #6 of 9
Don't worry about it. Find enjoyment in liking your shoes, and just wear them.
post #7 of 9
Most members here would view this as part of the charm of bench made. You should embrace it.
post #8 of 9
Wear them and enjoy them, your gripe is a nonsense.
post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Most members here would view this as part of the charm of bench made. You should embrace it.

 

Thanks, that's what I suspected; but it's good to get this opinion given that I've just came into this arena.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Uneven heels