Since when is AE a cheap and nasty producer of junk?
Related Forum Threads
- What shoes with this suit? Last post on 5/27/12 at 9:07am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 10:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 7/3/15 at 12:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Antonio Liverano, Florentine tailor Last post on 6/8/15 at 5:56am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
New and Lingwood destroy their brand? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 365/27/12 at 9:06ampost #18 of 365/27/12 at 9:08am
But they still build GY welted, solid, useable shoes that many people really like.
Have they had some quality issues, but they seem to honestly care about building a good shoe.
I don't think they fit into this conversation.post #19 of 365/27/12 at 9:09am
Depending on which other shoe products you would like to compare them to I can answer your question.
For example, compared to Edward Green or Gaziano & Girling or John Lobb they are pretty "meh, I'll pass thanks", but compared to Mezlan they actually rate fairly well.post #20 of 365/27/12 at 9:11amQuote:
Yes, they are a good quality shoe in that respect, but are you referring to the models Union produced in the USA or the models produced in places like the Dominican Republicpost #21 of 368/27/12 at 2:05ampost #22 of 368/27/12 at 5:07pm
I bought a suit a couple of years ago by N&L for Hose of Fraser, the shoulders had too much padding and the sleeves were too long but apart from that I liked it. I don't have the buying power of a lot of people on this forum and it suited my needs at the time perfectly. Would I buy again though.... Hmm...post #23 of 368/31/12 at 4:21ampost #24 of 3610/13/12 at 10:51am
I agree with Geezer. I live in Cardiff but shop in Jermyn Street and St James's. Most people in Cardiff had never heard of N&L and that was just fine by me. Then they turn up in a corner of House of Fraser and splatter their name (if not their better products) all over the place. it certainly knocked the gilt off the gingerbread.
By the way, Geezer, it's Cheaney (with an 'a').post #25 of 3610/13/12 at 11:02ampost #26 of 3610/13/12 at 11:03ampost #27 of 3610/13/12 at 11:04ampost #28 of 3610/13/12 at 11:09ampost #29 of 3610/13/12 at 12:57pm
Well look at this and tell me it is not junk:
Their "Classic" line shoes are still decently constructed, even though I observed that leather quality and detailing has gone down between my first purchase 5 years ago and the last one about one year ago. They are the entry level into good shoes, but nothing special.
- New and Lingwood destroy their brand?
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 38 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 17 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 24 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 37 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - ONE PIECE TWO WAYS - VOTING 40 minutes ago
- › Cheaney 44 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 57 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...