Since when is AE a cheap and nasty producer of junk?
Related Forum Threads
- What shoes with this suit? Last post on 5/27/12 at 9:07am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 6:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 2/10/16 at 3:59am in Classic Menswear
What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...
Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
New and Lingwood destroy their brand? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 365/27/12 at 9:06ampost #18 of 365/27/12 at 9:08am
But they still build GY welted, solid, useable shoes that many people really like.
Have they had some quality issues, but they seem to honestly care about building a good shoe.
I don't think they fit into this conversation.post #19 of 365/27/12 at 9:09am
Depending on which other shoe products you would like to compare them to I can answer your question.
For example, compared to Edward Green or Gaziano & Girling or John Lobb they are pretty "meh, I'll pass thanks", but compared to Mezlan they actually rate fairly well.post #20 of 365/27/12 at 9:11amQuote:
Yes, they are a good quality shoe in that respect, but are you referring to the models Union produced in the USA or the models produced in places like the Dominican Republicpost #21 of 368/27/12 at 2:05ampost #22 of 368/27/12 at 5:07pm
I bought a suit a couple of years ago by N&L for Hose of Fraser, the shoulders had too much padding and the sleeves were too long but apart from that I liked it. I don't have the buying power of a lot of people on this forum and it suited my needs at the time perfectly. Would I buy again though.... Hmm...post #23 of 368/31/12 at 4:21ampost #24 of 3610/13/12 at 10:51am
I agree with Geezer. I live in Cardiff but shop in Jermyn Street and St James's. Most people in Cardiff had never heard of N&L and that was just fine by me. Then they turn up in a corner of House of Fraser and splatter their name (if not their better products) all over the place. it certainly knocked the gilt off the gingerbread.
By the way, Geezer, it's Cheaney (with an 'a').post #25 of 3610/13/12 at 11:02ampost #26 of 3610/13/12 at 11:03ampost #27 of 3610/13/12 at 11:04ampost #28 of 3610/13/12 at 11:09ampost #29 of 3610/13/12 at 12:57pm
Well look at this and tell me it is not junk:
Their "Classic" line shoes are still decently constructed, even though I observed that leather quality and detailing has gone down between my first purchase 5 years ago and the last one about one year ago. They are the entry level into good shoes, but nothing special.
- New and Lingwood destroy their brand?
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 29 seconds ago
- › Alden Black Cordovan Shortwing Bluchers - 9.5E 57 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Alden. Cigar Shell. Cordovan LWB size 10D. 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 11 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 12 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?