Since when is AE a cheap and nasty producer of junk?
Related Forum Threads
- What shoes with this suit? Last post on 5/27/12 at 9:07am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on Yesterday at 4:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Antonio Liverano, Florentine tailor Last post on 7/15/15 at 6:42am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
New and Lingwood destroy their brand? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 365/27/12 at 9:06ampost #18 of 365/27/12 at 9:08am
But they still build GY welted, solid, useable shoes that many people really like.
Have they had some quality issues, but they seem to honestly care about building a good shoe.
I don't think they fit into this conversation.post #19 of 365/27/12 at 9:09am
Depending on which other shoe products you would like to compare them to I can answer your question.
For example, compared to Edward Green or Gaziano & Girling or John Lobb they are pretty "meh, I'll pass thanks", but compared to Mezlan they actually rate fairly well.post #20 of 365/27/12 at 9:11amQuote:
Yes, they are a good quality shoe in that respect, but are you referring to the models Union produced in the USA or the models produced in places like the Dominican Republicpost #21 of 368/27/12 at 2:05ampost #22 of 368/27/12 at 5:07pm
I bought a suit a couple of years ago by N&L for Hose of Fraser, the shoulders had too much padding and the sleeves were too long but apart from that I liked it. I don't have the buying power of a lot of people on this forum and it suited my needs at the time perfectly. Would I buy again though.... Hmm...post #23 of 368/31/12 at 4:21ampost #24 of 3610/13/12 at 10:51am
I agree with Geezer. I live in Cardiff but shop in Jermyn Street and St James's. Most people in Cardiff had never heard of N&L and that was just fine by me. Then they turn up in a corner of House of Fraser and splatter their name (if not their better products) all over the place. it certainly knocked the gilt off the gingerbread.
By the way, Geezer, it's Cheaney (with an 'a').post #25 of 3610/13/12 at 11:02ampost #26 of 3610/13/12 at 11:03ampost #27 of 3610/13/12 at 11:04ampost #28 of 3610/13/12 at 11:09ampost #29 of 3610/13/12 at 12:57pm
Well look at this and tell me it is not junk:
Their "Classic" line shoes are still decently constructed, even though I observed that leather quality and detailing has gone down between my first purchase 5 years ago and the last one about one year ago. They are the entry level into good shoes, but nothing special.
- New and Lingwood destroy their brand?
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 12 seconds ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 39 seconds ago
- › What are your pet peeves with shoes? 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › plain biscuits suck. 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...