Since when is AE a cheap and nasty producer of junk?
Related Forum Threads
- What shoes with this suit? Last post on 5/27/12 at 9:07am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:04 am in Classic Menswear
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 8/25/15 at 7:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Antonio Liverano, Florentine tailor Last post on 7/15/15 at 6:42am in Classic Menswear
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
New and Lingwood destroy their brand? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 365/27/12 at 9:06ampost #18 of 365/27/12 at 9:08am
But they still build GY welted, solid, useable shoes that many people really like.
Have they had some quality issues, but they seem to honestly care about building a good shoe.
I don't think they fit into this conversation.post #19 of 365/27/12 at 9:09am
Depending on which other shoe products you would like to compare them to I can answer your question.
For example, compared to Edward Green or Gaziano & Girling or John Lobb they are pretty "meh, I'll pass thanks", but compared to Mezlan they actually rate fairly well.post #20 of 365/27/12 at 9:11amQuote:
Yes, they are a good quality shoe in that respect, but are you referring to the models Union produced in the USA or the models produced in places like the Dominican Republicpost #21 of 368/27/12 at 2:05ampost #22 of 368/27/12 at 5:07pm
I bought a suit a couple of years ago by N&L for Hose of Fraser, the shoulders had too much padding and the sleeves were too long but apart from that I liked it. I don't have the buying power of a lot of people on this forum and it suited my needs at the time perfectly. Would I buy again though.... Hmm...post #23 of 368/31/12 at 4:21ampost #24 of 3610/13/12 at 10:51am
I agree with Geezer. I live in Cardiff but shop in Jermyn Street and St James's. Most people in Cardiff had never heard of N&L and that was just fine by me. Then they turn up in a corner of House of Fraser and splatter their name (if not their better products) all over the place. it certainly knocked the gilt off the gingerbread.
By the way, Geezer, it's Cheaney (with an 'a').post #25 of 3610/13/12 at 11:02ampost #26 of 3610/13/12 at 11:03ampost #27 of 3610/13/12 at 11:04ampost #28 of 3610/13/12 at 11:09ampost #29 of 3610/13/12 at 12:57pm
Well look at this and tell me it is not junk:
Their "Classic" line shoes are still decently constructed, even though I observed that leather quality and detailing has gone down between my first purchase 5 years ago and the last one about one year ago. They are the entry level into good shoes, but nothing special.
- New and Lingwood destroy their brand?
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › What happened to Campbell Palmer of Dover St? 1 minute ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 1 minute ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Why wear a wrist watch when you could easily consult your phone for... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015