Since when is AE a cheap and nasty producer of junk?
Related Forum Threads
- What shoes with this suit? Last post on 5/27/12 at 9:07am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Antonio Liverano, Florentine tailor Last post on 1/29/15 at 3:08pm in Classic Menswear
- Is this particular navy suit too dark for brown museum calf Lobbs Last post on 12/5/12 at 1:52am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
New and Lingwood destroy their brand? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 365/27/12 at 9:06ampost #18 of 365/27/12 at 9:08am
But they still build GY welted, solid, useable shoes that many people really like.
Have they had some quality issues, but they seem to honestly care about building a good shoe.
I don't think they fit into this conversation.post #19 of 365/27/12 at 9:09am
Depending on which other shoe products you would like to compare them to I can answer your question.
For example, compared to Edward Green or Gaziano & Girling or John Lobb they are pretty "meh, I'll pass thanks", but compared to Mezlan they actually rate fairly well.post #20 of 365/27/12 at 9:11amQuote:
Yes, they are a good quality shoe in that respect, but are you referring to the models Union produced in the USA or the models produced in places like the Dominican Republicpost #21 of 368/27/12 at 2:05ampost #22 of 368/27/12 at 5:07pm
I bought a suit a couple of years ago by N&L for Hose of Fraser, the shoulders had too much padding and the sleeves were too long but apart from that I liked it. I don't have the buying power of a lot of people on this forum and it suited my needs at the time perfectly. Would I buy again though.... Hmm...post #23 of 368/31/12 at 4:21ampost #24 of 3610/13/12 at 10:51am
I agree with Geezer. I live in Cardiff but shop in Jermyn Street and St James's. Most people in Cardiff had never heard of N&L and that was just fine by me. Then they turn up in a corner of House of Fraser and splatter their name (if not their better products) all over the place. it certainly knocked the gilt off the gingerbread.
By the way, Geezer, it's Cheaney (with an 'a').post #25 of 3610/13/12 at 11:02ampost #26 of 3610/13/12 at 11:03ampost #27 of 3610/13/12 at 11:04ampost #28 of 3610/13/12 at 11:09ampost #29 of 3610/13/12 at 12:57pm
Well look at this and tell me it is not junk:
Their "Classic" line shoes are still decently constructed, even though I observed that leather quality and detailing has gone down between my first purchase 5 years ago and the last one about one year ago. They are the entry level into good shoes, but nothing special.
- New and Lingwood destroy their brand?
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
- › Australian Members 8 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 38 seconds ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 55 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran... 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 6 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 7 minutes ago
- › UK 9 Carmina Fur lined 80179 Derby Boot Soller 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...