or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Simone Abbarchi shirts - Florence
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Simone Abbarchi shirts - Florence - Page 2

post #16 of 23
Simone is in town next week. I have been going to him for over seven years and have many shirts and two suits. I am a big fan.
post #17 of 23
I have one client in Phoenix with about 25 to 30 (CG and MB) and one in Toronto (SM) with about 15 to 20 Abbarchi shirts. Love the fabrics and they launder beautifully -- no starch and hand pressed, of course.
post #18 of 23
Just received my first shirt. Very happy with the fit, very Italian, pretty slim.

Went for a light blue Thomas Mason poplin. Handwork was an extra cost.

Sorry for the poor image quality, I was eager to try the shirt out.





post #19 of 23
What exactly do you mean by "handwork was an extra cost"? Do you mean handmade? And if so how much more? I am waiting for a shirt from his last NYC visit. Based on what you say I may go for something different next time.
post #20 of 23
Hand sewn buttonholes, shoulders and crows foot stitching was something like an extra €20 or 30. If I hadn't opted for this it would have been an entirely machine made shirt.

Not a bad thing at all, but just worth noting.
post #21 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post

Hand sewn buttonholes, shoulders and crows foot stitching was something like an extra €20 or 30. If I hadn't opted for this it would have been an entirely machine made shirt.

Not a bad thing at all, but just worth noting.

Simone has made one shirt for me (I was fitted twice in Florence during Pitti), it was very nice even though it was almost 100% machine made. Good value for money IMO, light-years better in fit than my made-to-measure shirts from Finamore (despite being fitted by a Finnamore rep during a trunk show), Truzzi etc . For my following shirts I will make some small alterations, but this is only normal, it was after all the first shirt Simone made for me. Both Abbarchi and Bugelli (another renowned shirt maker in Florence) makes their shirts almost entirely by machine by default.
post #22 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Simone has made one shirt for me (I was fitted twice in Florence during Pitti), it was very nice even though it was almost 100% machine made. Good value for money IMO, light-years better in fit than my made-to-measure shirts from Finamore (despite being fitted by a Finnamore rep during a trunk show), Truzzi etc . For my following shirts I will make some small alterations, but this is only normal, it was after all the first shirt Simone made for me. Both Abbarchi and Bugelli (another renowned shirt maker in Florence) makes their shirts almost entirely by machine by default.

I've had MTM in London before which I was a little dissapointed with. Simone's product is vastly superior in terms of fit and fabric choice. I only opted with the extra handwork so that it would be more comparable to my Neapolitan RTW shirts.

I'll probably make a couple of changes such as a slightly longer sleeve, but wouldn't hesitate to order more in the future, especially at such a competitive price point. I've also got a bespoke shirt in the works from Satriano Cinque - mostly out of curiosity to see the difference in fit.
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post

I've had MTM in London before which I was a little dissapointed with. Simone's product is vastly superior in terms of fit and fabric choice. I only opted with the extra handwork so that it would be more comparable to my Neapolitan RTW shirts.

I'll probably make a couple of changes such as a slightly longer sleeve, but wouldn't hesitate to order more in the future, especially at such a competitive price point. I've also got a bespoke shirt in the works from Satriano Cinque - mostly out of curiosity to see the difference in fit.

Simone explained that he has two levels of services: one MTM service and a bespoke service (with a trial shirt provided before the real shirt is made up). Maybe you should opt for the bespoke version just for reference? This would probably require a fitting in Florence though (I assume).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Simone Abbarchi shirts - Florence