You can go without putting it in, it isn't required, but what reason could they have for asking?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 3:11 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Can you dentify this red bomber jacket? Last post on 6/8/12 at 9:45am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Technical Outerwear - Page 53post #781 of 12341/31/14 at 10:35pmpost #782 of 12342/1/14 at 3:36amQuote:Originally Posted by deadsunrise
^ thanks for the heads up, just ordered 3 tees and some boxers. I like that they have a nicer colour palette than other merino shirts. I'm trying to get different merino tees to make a review comparing all of them. I like that finisterre has stopped making them 100% merino and are now 80% merino 20% poliamide. They say that 100% merino is not durable enough and with my experience with icebreaker I tend to agree. Let's see how they perform regarding smells and wearing them for 3-4 days.
Also got a nice camera (canon s120), will post some pics of everything when it arrives.
Possibly too performance orientated styling for your needs but Woolpower make top notch merino blended clothing.
Edited by Grove - 2/1/14 at 10:41ampost #783 of 12342/2/14 at 8:06ampost #784 of 12342/2/14 at 11:24ampost #785 of 12342/2/14 at 12:30pmpost #786 of 12342/2/14 at 2:32pmpost #787 of 12342/2/14 at 9:38pmpost #788 of 12342/3/14 at 9:09am
^ finisterre tees have shipped today so they should be here on friday. I got both models Eddy and portland. S in portland and eddy M, measurements are almost the same since Eddy is supossed to be a baselayer/undershirt. I liked the colours and it's the same fabric so... will report about the sizing too.
I was working a bit on the list of tees, decided to make a minisite instead of a spreadsheet. I think I'll put it up tomorrow and we can talk about it and add the ones I forget. Reviews when I have more time, probably on the weekend.
draft/preview:post #789 of 12342/3/14 at 12:54pmpost #790 of 12342/4/14 at 12:29amWhere is the best place to pickup layer pieces i.e. merino tights and socks? I look pretty bad in denim or cotton trousers, so, going to just layer up and wear my spring weight wool trousers that drape a whole lot better.
Was considering Uniqlo tights but they are seasonal and probably not as warm. Plus, I'd prefer the wool fabric, authenticity in material versus a blend of polyester.
I know @Tigerprawn is a big advocate of merino base layers. Help me out (:post #791 of 12342/4/14 at 12:49amCostco is definitely the place to go, I think it's a 3pack for $10, incredibly nice merino blend - 80% Merino Wool / 18% Polyester / 2% Spandex. I think they're under ladies, but who cares, they're socks
I like these for tights, but more pricey:
Honestly, Uni-Qlo decent enough for me, my mom LOVES merino wool though and buys me this stuff every time I come home, and I do appreciate itpost #792 of 12342/4/14 at 12:53ampost #793 of 12342/4/14 at 12:53ampost #794 of 12342/4/14 at 8:14ampost #795 of 12342/4/14 at 10:51am@gettoasty You'd be surprised on those Uniqlo tights, they're exceptionally warm, a lot lighter/thinner than merino tights, and I think they hold their shape better. Much better actually. However, you miss out on all the merino benefits like odor control.
You're around my area right? I'd say Uniqlo gets the job done at a fraction of the cost and would layer better. The only time I even wear my merino tights is when I go camping.
If you still prefer merino tights, I'd look at Icebreaker like @deadsunrise mentioned, but I'm a big fan of Smartwool. I can't speak for the current quality, but the tights I bought over two years ago with hard wear are still doing great.
One thing to note about merino, especially as a baselayer for pants is that it will wear down and pill quickly depending on what pants you're wearing and how rough the inside face is.
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 13 minutes ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 15 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 19 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 20 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 23 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 25 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding