You can go without putting it in, it isn't required, but what reason could they have for asking?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:54 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Could someone please help me with what I have here? Last post on 8/24/12 at 12:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Isaia Napoli Jacket Question (With Pictures) Last post on 1/14/13 at 7:39pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- Can you dentify this red bomber jacket? Last post on 6/8/12 at 9:45am in Streetwear and Denim
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Technical Outerwear - Page 53post #781 of 11391/31/14 at 10:35pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #782 of 11392/1/14 at 3:36amQuote:Originally Posted by deadsunrise
^ thanks for the heads up, just ordered 3 tees and some boxers. I like that they have a nicer colour palette than other merino shirts. I'm trying to get different merino tees to make a review comparing all of them. I like that finisterre has stopped making them 100% merino and are now 80% merino 20% poliamide. They say that 100% merino is not durable enough and with my experience with icebreaker I tend to agree. Let's see how they perform regarding smells and wearing them for 3-4 days.
Also got a nice camera (canon s120), will post some pics of everything when it arrives.
Possibly too performance orientated styling for your needs but Woolpower make top notch merino blended clothing.
Edited by Grove - 2/1/14 at 10:41ampost #783 of 11392/2/14 at 8:06ampost #784 of 11392/2/14 at 11:24ampost #785 of 11392/2/14 at 12:30pmpost #786 of 11392/2/14 at 2:32pmpost #787 of 11392/2/14 at 9:38pmpost #788 of 11392/3/14 at 9:09am
^ finisterre tees have shipped today so they should be here on friday. I got both models Eddy and portland. S in portland and eddy M, measurements are almost the same since Eddy is supossed to be a baselayer/undershirt. I liked the colours and it's the same fabric so... will report about the sizing too.
I was working a bit on the list of tees, decided to make a minisite instead of a spreadsheet. I think I'll put it up tomorrow and we can talk about it and add the ones I forget. Reviews when I have more time, probably on the weekend.
draft/preview:post #789 of 11392/3/14 at 12:54pmpost #790 of 11392/4/14 at 12:29amWhere is the best place to pickup layer pieces i.e. merino tights and socks? I look pretty bad in denim or cotton trousers, so, going to just layer up and wear my spring weight wool trousers that drape a whole lot better.
Was considering Uniqlo tights but they are seasonal and probably not as warm. Plus, I'd prefer the wool fabric, authenticity in material versus a blend of polyester.
I know @Tigerprawn is a big advocate of merino base layers. Help me out (:post #791 of 11392/4/14 at 12:49amCostco is definitely the place to go, I think it's a 3pack for $10, incredibly nice merino blend - 80% Merino Wool / 18% Polyester / 2% Spandex. I think they're under ladies, but who cares, they're socks
I like these for tights, but more pricey:
Honestly, Uni-Qlo decent enough for me, my mom LOVES merino wool though and buys me this stuff every time I come home, and I do appreciate itpost #792 of 11392/4/14 at 12:53ampost #793 of 11392/4/14 at 12:53ampost #794 of 11392/4/14 at 8:14ampost #795 of 11392/4/14 at 10:51am@gettoasty You'd be surprised on those Uniqlo tights, they're exceptionally warm, a lot lighter/thinner than merino tights, and I think they hold their shape better. Much better actually. However, you miss out on all the merino benefits like odor control.
You're around my area right? I'd say Uniqlo gets the job done at a fraction of the cost and would layer better. The only time I even wear my merino tights is when I go camping.
If you still prefer merino tights, I'd look at Icebreaker like @deadsunrise mentioned, but I'm a big fan of Smartwool. I can't speak for the current quality, but the tights I bought over two years ago with hard wear are still doing great.
One thing to note about merino, especially as a baselayer for pants is that it will wear down and pill quickly depending on what pants you're wearing and how rough the inside face is.
- Technical Outerwear
Styleforum Top Picks
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 24 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 9 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Black Captoe Oxford GMTO 10 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 12 minutes ago
- › WTB Needs & Wants Studios Charcoal Fleece Wrap 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 15 minutes ago
- › ARCTERYX VEILANCE IS FIELD JACKET....any clue on sizing? 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories