or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Technical Outerwear
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Technical Outerwear - Page 32

post #466 of 945
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy View Post

 Now, there's only a very things I really like enough to pick up even w/ a 50% discount. Sort of bums me out, since I love the ideas and the people.

 

Any comments with their merino + tencel blend? I'm still looking for layers this season...

post #467 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suyi View Post

Any comments with their merino + tencel blend? I'm still looking for layers this season...

I actually don't have any experience with this fabric. Sorry.

My general feeling is their wool and wool blends are pretty well done and perform and hold up well.
post #468 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by malikadog View Post

So my rain jacket finally fell apart on me yesterday, and I need to get something new for this crazy weather! I live in Hawaii, so breathability is a huge concern. When it rains here, it really rains - it'll be 85 degrees out and sunny but dumping rain and flooding at the same time. I have had difficulty balancing waterproofness and breathability, and I haven't found anything that strikes the right balance.
Anyone have any suggestions? I'd also like something that looks good and lasts for a while, and I'm not gonna be doing any outdoor sports in it, just some light field work, and a lot of walking/hiking. I'm gonna spend today reading through the thread, but any help in the meantime would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

I'm also looking for a new rain jacket and I also live in a warm climate.  Winters are short and mild in central Texas.

 

I'm thinking about the Beta SL from Arc'Teryx.  Looks like it would fit well and go well with casual or technical gear.

 

My only concern is that some of the reviews say you will end up getting soaked if end up in a torrential downpour.  I don't plan on being in the rain for long periods of time, but I would like a $300 shell to also withstand a rainy day at a music festival and keep me dry all the while.

 

http://www.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&gender=mens&category=Jackets&model=Beta-SL-Jacket

 

post #469 of 945
Didn't see much that would fit me the way I wanted, but I did pick up a bunch of the beanies. $14 a pop kinda hard to go wrong even with a merino/tencel blend which I have no experience with.
post #470 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettdudley View Post

I'm also looking for a new rain jacket and I also live in a warm climate.  Winters are short and mild in central Texas.

I'm thinking about the Beta SL from Arc'Teryx.  Looks like it would fit well and go well with casual or technical gear.

My only concern is that some of the reviews say you will end up getting soaked if end up in a torrential downpour.  I don't plan on being in the rain for long periods of time, but I would like a $300 shell to also withstand a rainy day at a music festival and keep me dry all the while.

http://www.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&gender=mens&category=Jackets&model=Beta-SL-Jacket



There's no way you should be getting "soaked in a downpour" in a Gore-Tex shell unless it's defective or you're running a marathon in it. Arc'Teryx shells are pretty bomber, and that's a nice piece. The Pac-Lite is the lighter weight Gore fabric, so theoretically would breathe a little better and not be as warm, which is what you're after.

I say thumbs up.
post #471 of 945

http://four-pins.com/style/acronym-fallwinter-2013-local-ninja-squad/

 

I haven't seen this posted, but here's the acronym f/w collection

post #472 of 945
liking the veilance field jacket, hood looks kinda funny though

may cop on sale
post #473 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

liking the veilance field jacket, hood looks kinda funny though

may cop on sale

you should never wear the hood with the veilance jacket...
post #474 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettdudley View Post

I'm also looking for a new rain jacket and I also live in a warm climate.  Winters are short and mild in central Texas.

I'm thinking about the Beta SL from Arc'Teryx.  Looks like it would fit well and go well with casual or technical gear.

My only concern is that some of the reviews say you will end up getting soaked if end up in a torrential downpour.  I don't plan on being in the rain for long periods of time, but I would like a $300 shell to also withstand a rainy day at a music festival and keep me dry all the while.

The Beta is a fairly short model, so if your 6' + try the Alpha instead. Any Gore-tex will keep you dry as long as its clean and looked afterl. Any Gore can wet out if oils and dirt get into the membrane, though you can easily clean it and revive the waterproofing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy View Post

The Pac-Lite is the lighter weight Gore fabric, so theoretically would breathe a little better and not be as warm, which is what you're after.

Pac-lite is the least breathable Gore-tex due to the PU coated liner. Still very waterproof though.
post #475 of 945
I thought alpha was the short model since it is the climbing model so you need easy access to your harness

I have a beta and covers my butt partially and i'm 6'
post #476 of 945
Beta is the shortest and wider, more like a TNF fit.
Alpha is narrower in the body compared to the Beta and longer with a deep drop tail.
Theta is the the biggest cut, longest and wide but most people size down in it so it fits slim and long.

Beta is the climbing jacket but its more marketing BS as any of them will work.
post #477 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcb33 View Post

Beta is the shortest and wider, more like a TNF fit.
Alpha is narrower in the body compared to the Beta and longer with a deep drop tail.
Theta is the the biggest cut, longest and wide but most people size down in it so it fits slim and long.

Beta is the climbing jacket but its more marketing BS as any of them will work.


http://arcteryx.com/naming-scheme.aspx?language=EN
post #478 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitant View Post

you should never wear the hood with the veilance jacket...

would normally second that but apparently the hood on the new veilance field is much improved. actually debated whether to trade up and cop the new one.
post #479 of 945
has anyone copped the nike lunarterra arktos?



was wondering what they're like, tts? looking for some winter boots and liking these!
post #480 of 945
Still looks like crap when worn imho, I have a big head though so ymmv.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Technical Outerwear