or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Technical Outerwear
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Technical Outerwear - Page 20

post #286 of 945
i'm going to the arc'teryx warehouse sale this weekend btw, if anyone has any interest please contact me. THERE WILL BE NO VEILANCE.
post #287 of 945
as habitant said you should really stay with your true size with veilance!

habitant are you sure there won't be any veilance at the arc'teryx warehouse sale I've noticed some older but listed as new items appearing on ebay?
post #288 of 945

Some Arc'Teryx Veilance Insulated Shells for sale on the bay. Couple of hours left to bid.

Large: http://www.ebay.ca/i...9#ht_500wt_1018

Small: http://www.ebay.ca/i...9#ht_500wt_1018

post #289 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by scamster View Post

as habitant said you should really stay with your true size with veilance!
habitant are you sure there won't be any veilance at the arc'teryx warehouse sale I've noticed some older but listed as new items appearing on ebay?

Yeah I was there and there weren't any. Their worst warehouse sale in recent memory, veilance or not
post #290 of 945
X-post from Nike thread :

Does anyone have experience with this NSW m-65? Thoughts? Been seeing it for crazy cheap on eBay lately (just over $100 shipped), thought it might make a good goretex beater if anything.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-100701/pid-494526
post #291 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucialkc View Post

X-post from Nike thread :
Does anyone have experience with this NSW m-65? Thoughts? Been seeing it for crazy cheap on eBay lately (just over $100 shipped), thought it might make a good goretex beater if anything.
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-100701/pid-494526

I own it
Not bad for $100
I used it when riding my bike in adverse weather
pretty good jacket overall but only lasted me 1.5 seasons, started falling apart half way through the second winter
I went slim with it because I own some nice technical baselayers but would probably keep you warm if you layered it.
post #292 of 945
posted this in Sale and Nau thread, but thought it should go here, too:

Nau Friends and Family time. Apparently this year full on sharing is allowed, so no need for PM'ing.

Code: BDAVIS for 50% off Nau

Code: sohlson works as well

It's apparently first intial/last name of all employees.

(Works for Horny Toad too.)
post #293 of 945
25% off outerwear at Hanon shop: jacket-nov

some veilance and acronym jackets in larger sizes.
post #294 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdecker1 View Post

I own it
Not bad for $100
I used it when riding my bike in adverse weather
pretty good jacket overall but only lasted me 1.5 seasons, started falling apart half way through the second winter
I went slim with it because I own some nice technical baselayers but would probably keep you warm if you layered it.

agree with this as a beater its fine especially at that price there might be some zizo (zip in zip out liners) on ebay which I had for a while which are decent too.
post #295 of 945

With regards to veilance sizing I own various bits and I have a mix of sizes. I have some large for layering under in the winter and some medium for wearing in the Spring/Summer. If you want a close fit I would recommend going a size down as I am a large in most things if you wish for a looser fit to layer under, for example you wish to wear the insulator under the field jacket, or you prefer a baggier fit I would say go for your regular size.

post #296 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy View Post

posted this in Sale and Nau thread, but thought it should go here, too:
Nau Friends and Family time. Apparently this year full on sharing is allowed, so no need for PM'ing.
Code: BDAVIS for 50% off Nau
Code: sohlson works as well
It's apparently first intial/last name of all employees.
(Works for Horny Toad too.)

Thanks! PIcked up an insulated hoodie for running and a down coat for under $350.
post #297 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuznetsov View Post

With regards to veilance sizing I own various bits and I have a mix of sizes. I have some large for layering under in the winter and some medium for wearing in the Spring/Summer. If you want a close fit I would recommend going a size down as I am a large in most things if you wish for a looser fit to layer under, for example you wish to wear the insulator under the field jacket, or you prefer a baggier fit I would say go for your regular size.

This makes sense, though the fit a size down will be very trim in the shoulders, arm holes and chest.

post #298 of 945
not really the veilance line is tailored with a loose fit to accommodate a layer underneath such as a liner/insulator or a chunky knit if you prefer, they are just shells after all to protect against heavy rain and biting cold winds.

in warmer months wearing a size down is fine as the shell is only going to be worn with a shirt or tee and only used to keep the odd light shower off or/and a cool evening breeze.

think of it like wearing loose denims in the winter so you can wear a pair of long johns and a slim fit chino for the summer.
Edited by scamster - 11/24/12 at 8:17am
post #299 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by scamster View Post

not really the veilance line is tailored with a loose fit to accommodate a layer underneath such as a liner/insulator or a chunky knit if you prefer, they are just shells after all to protect against heavy rain and biting cold winds.
in warmer months wearing a size down is fine as the shell is only going to be worn with a shirt or tee and only used to keep the odd light shower off or/and a cool evening breeze.
think of it like wearing loose denims in the winter so you can wear a pair of long johns and a slim fit chino for the summer.

I agree with this. If going for an insulated piece I would go with a medium though. I have the isnulated shell in a medium and that fits me perfect. I also have the Sinter in a medium and again it is a perfect fit but there is no way that I could put more than a normal weight jumper and shirt underneath.

post #300 of 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by scamster View Post

not really the veilance line is tailored with a loose fit to accommodate a layer underneath such as a liner/insulator or a chunky knit if you prefer, they are just shells after all to protect against heavy rain and biting cold winds.
in warmer months wearing a size down is fine as the shell is only going to be worn with a shirt or tee and only used to keep the odd light shower off or/and a cool evening breeze.
think of it like wearing loose denims in the winter so you can wear a pair of long johns and a slim fit chino for the summer.

 

True, but I found a size down to be tight across the shoulders and through the chest. Great in the arms and total length, though. That's my issue concerning veilance when going tts; they're a bit billowy through the body, but since I enjoy my clothes a bit more relaxed, it's a preferred fit.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Technical Outerwear