or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Wrong size AEs! What should I do?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wrong size AEs! What should I do?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Hi,
I bought a few months ago AE Strand in walnut calf. Beautiful shoes.

I had a chance to wear them only once though... and I failed to realize that they are too small! I usually wear 9.5 in AE (10 from other makers). They are 9.

Absolutely my fault and stupidity.

It is not a big deal (I can technically wear them) but I DO feel significantly less comfortable...

The question is... what should I do? What options do I really have ? Should I post them here on classifields hoping to sell them at some reasonable price?
Edited by theriel - 5/22/12 at 8:38pm
post #2 of 13
You may want to note -- for the future -- that AE strands are built on their 5 last which is a bit narrower than their other lasts.

If you wore them only once you should be able to sell them here or on eBay for about $150. Use that $$ to buy a pair that fits your feet. There is a seller on styleforum that sells new strands and other AE models for, I think, about $230. Do a search and you will find him.

AHS
post #3 of 13

Hey, sent you a PM about the Strands. 

post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 
Thank you for the replies... Well, if somebody was interested, Strand is in 9D...

Now, if somebody knew the identity of the kind person selling discounted AE shoes, please tell me smile.gif.
post #5 of 13
Seller name is allaboutshoes. Take a look at his thread and I believe you PM for a price.

I won't speak for the others -- but I had two good purchases from him, including a pair of walnut strands. smile.gif

AHS
post #6 of 13
frown.gifQuote:
Originally Posted by AHS View Post

Seller name is allaboutshoes. Take a look at his thread and I believe you PM for a price.
I won't speak for the others -- but I had two good purchases from him, including a pair of walnut strands. smile.gif
AHS

I was looking to buy a pair of Walnut Strands myself... except the day I asked was the day the prices were raised to retail value :(

post #7 of 13

Walnut Strands, black Park Avenues and walnut players were $199 at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in July last year.  All very well may be again this year. 

post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by theriel View Post

Hi,
I bought a few months ago AE Strand in walnut calf. Beautiful shoes.
I had a chance to wear them only once though... and I failed to realize that they are too small! I usually wear 9.5 in AE (10 from other makers). They are 9.
Absolutely my fault and stupidity.
It is not a big deal (I can technically wear them) but I DO feel significantly less comfortable...
The question is... what should I do? What options do I really have ? Should I post them here on classifields hoping to sell them at some reasonable price?

If they are uncomfortable then you can't wear them without risking plantar faciitis. I'm always amazed that people care more about some cheap item than their own health and body.

post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsylentStorm View Post

I was looking to buy a pair of Walnut Strands myself... except the day I asked was the day the prices were raised to retail value frown.gif

Did you pm allaboutshoes directly?
post #10 of 13

Why not just bring them to a cobbler to get them stretched? I found a deal on some AEs and had them stretched about .5 inches at a good cobblery. Should cost about ~$15.

post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHS View Post


Did you pm allaboutshoes directly?

Yeah, he confirmed the prices on the original post. They're exactly at retail value.

post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by theriel View Post

Hi,
I bought a few months ago AE Strand in walnut calf. Beautiful shoes.
I had a chance to wear them only once though... and I failed to realize that they are too small! I usually wear 9.5 in AE (10 from other makers). They are 9.
Absolutely my fault and stupidity.
It is not a big deal (I can technically wear them) but I DO feel significantly less comfortable...
The question is... what should I do? What options do I really have ? Should I post them here on classifields hoping to sell them at some reasonable price?

List them here or on Ebay. AEs have a good resale value.
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHS View Post

You may want to note -- for the future -- that AE strands are built on their 5 last which is a bit narrower than their other lasts.
 

That's irrelevant because they come in all widths.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Wrong size AEs! What should I do?