or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › I'm so tired of this sh.t...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I'm so tired of this sh.t...

post #1 of 33
Thread Starter 
Hi guys, i have a problem with pants, i tear them apart in the crotch area, i don't know why is this happening i have thick legs but there are people who are fatter than me but their pants are okay, usually after a few wears the crotch are right under the crotch seam where two legs are starting, from the inside there are signs of tension and wear on the fabric and then the fabric basically explodes, i've had around 5 pants and 3 suits destroyed in past few months it's really irritating, one of them was even with pleats and very loose one, why is this happening and how can i stop this? the only suggestion i have is that i may e wearing my pants low on waist... and it's not tearing on the semas the fabric itself is exploding... please help.
post #2 of 33
Is this for real or a troll?

I have never heard of such a thing and nor has anyone else ever written of it on any scale let alone this alleged series. One for tailors/cutters to answer perhaps?
post #3 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR View Post

Is this for real or a troll?
I have never heard of such a thing and nor has anyone else ever written of it on any scale let alone this alleged series. One for tailors/cutters to answer perhaps?


+1. This is strange, and trollish.
post #4 of 33
If your being serious, which i think you are, I have seen this problem before. The problem is not the fabric, or the construction of the clothes, it is your gate (not sure on the spelling for this use). When you walk, with your particular gate, you are rubbing the pants together, and if you rub them together too much, you wear out the fabric quickly. Having a tailor reinforce this area will help, but they will still wear out. You could try to find particularly durable fabrics such as tweeds and twills. Maybe someone else has a better solution, but some people (very few) walk in a way that wear out the crotch of the pants very quickly. Reinforcing it helps, but isn't a solution.
post #5 of 33
Is it due to excessive sweating? I seem to recall you have another issue with toxic mold growing in your shoes due to excessive foot sweat. Regardless, for all practical purposes, the mold in your shoes and holes in your crotch threads have pretty much put you on the blacklist for B&S.
post #6 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Is it due to excessive sweating? I seem to recall you have another issue with toxic mold growing in your shoes due to excessive foot sweat. Regardless, for all practical purposes, the mold in your shoes and holes in your crotch threads have pretty much put you on the blacklist for B&S.

making a note...
post #7 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick's Tailoring View Post

If your being serious, which i think you are, I have seen this problem before. The problem is not the fabric, or the construction of the clothes, it is your gait. When you walk, with your particular gait, you are rubbing the pants together, and if you rub them together too much, you wear out the fabric quickly. Having a tailor reinforce this area will help, but they will still wear out. You could try to find particularly durable fabrics such as tweeds and twills. Maybe someone else has a better solution, but some people (very few) walk in a way that wear out the crotch of the pants very quickly. Reinforcing it helps, but isn't a solution.

FTFY.

post #8 of 33
Wear sweats all the time.....teacha.gif
post #9 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsteRed View Post

i don't know why is this happening i have thick legs but there are people who are fatter than me but their pants are okay

But do their pants fit the same, proportionally? Maybe you need to wear looser bottoms.
post #10 of 33
That was a really long first sentence.
post #11 of 33
This requires pictures. Or maybe a video.
post #12 of 33

It could also be that the way the pants are being washed is severely weakening them, possibly by using too strong a detergent or washing at too high a temperature.

post #13 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffEngineer View Post

It could also be that the way the pants are being washed is severely weakening them, possibly by using too strong a detergent or washing at too high a temperature.

wouldn't he dry clean them????
eh.gif
post #14 of 33

It's possible that the dry cleaner is not doing an adequate job, or that he has decided to wash them at home.

post #15 of 33
when you scratch you nuts/taint, go through the zipper, or inside the pants, not on them. you are rubbing through the fabric by friction when you scratch/adjust your area. especially true if as said, you sweat a lot.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › I'm so tired of this sh.t...