or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012) - Page 246

post #3676 of 4307
Thread Starter 
I enjoy Bale's vertical play.

But to say he's better than Iniesta is ludicrous. Let alone Xavi.

Also Rooney, RVP, Xabi Alonso, Ibra...
post #3677 of 4307
Iniesta, RVP, Xavi, Cesc, Özil, Ribery, Falcao, Ibra, Mata, Silva, Hazard... Bale still has nothing on these guys. Nowhere near 3rd best.
post #3678 of 4307
lol you guys keep falling for the bait ...

Nearly a decade has passed
post #3679 of 4307
that nike ball is one of the greatest. esp with this ad
post #3680 of 4307

Davids sure was the man  icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #3681 of 4307
Not gonna lie, I don't follow Serie A, but my bias for years now has always leaned towards Inter because I think they've got one of the nicest shirts in Europe (mind you, nothing will ever be as beautiful as the Arsenal red and white of course...redface.gif)
post #3682 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGimpy View Post

After reading this, I'm tending to agree with Shah's theory that you're trolling a little here. You can't seriously hold that Bale is better than Xavi, system or not.

I'm not trolling. You guys give me shit for this stance, and then week in week out he keeps beasting so I point it out. I'd be willing to bet almost none of you are watching Tottenham games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

I enjoy Bale's vertical play.

But to say he's better than Iniesta is ludicrous. Let alone Xavi.

Also Rooney, RVP, Xabi Alonso, Ibra...

He's better than all of those guys. Ibra? GTFO. At least post a name that shows up in a big game. If I were picking a side, I'd take him over all of those names.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabonator View Post

Iniesta, RVP, Xavi, Cesc, Özil, Ribery, Falcao, Ibra, Mata, Silva, Hazard... Bale still has nothing on these guys. Nowhere near 3rd best.


Joke post. Falcao is the only name there worth a mention, but I have not seen him lately. Mata over Bale? That's clown car.

You don't watch Tottenham games, its obvious.
post #3683 of 4307
Oh I watch Tottenham.

You're the only one claiming he's as good as you say he is. And I participate on forums where there's much more football discussion. Yet somehow the rest of the world is in the wrong. Bale is really good. But those guys are better. Mata has been carrying Chelsea this season even more than Bale has Spurs.

Falcao the only name worth mentioning? He's the 4th best in the world in your opinion?

Give a name that shows up in a big game? When has Bale even played in a big game?
post #3684 of 4307
the only "big game" was against Inter where he scored. honestly he's not even that skilled, it's almost all in the pace. when he dribbles it's rather uncontrolled bursts of pushing the ball forward and catching up to it (but he does it so fast so it's effective). and he bombs down the wing enough times firing off shots that they go in often enough.

stats is not everything but can have a look at them anyway:

this season, 36 starts, 18 goals, 7 assists
last, 48 starts 15 goals, 16 assists
2 seasons ago, 41 appearances 12 goals 3 assists

scored this season 1 against arsenal and 1 against man u
last season 1 against chelsea 1 against man city
2 seasons ago 1 against arsenal, 3 against Inter in a match they lost and 1 against Twente in the CL

really, the only big game he's played is against Inter which seems to have been a fluke and more related to the number of runs he made down that side smashing balls toward goal against a worthless defense that night.
the epl has been decreasing in quality of late which makes other teams (and their players) seem better than they are. the top has come down, rather than the bottom going up.

this is the most absurd discussion, i know "best" is subjective but even that is within limits of reality.

should stop taking the bait ...
post #3685 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabonator View Post

Oh I watch Tottenham.

You're the only one claiming he's as good as you say he is. And I participate on forums where there's much more football discussion. Yet somehow the rest of the world is in the wrong. Bale is really good. But those guys are better. Mata has been carrying Chelsea this season even more than Bale has Spurs.

Falcao the only name worth mentioning? He's the 4th best in the world in your opinion?

Give a name that shows up in a big game? When has Bale even played in a big game?


Wait, your saying like Mata is one of the best players in the world and can't even get a start on his own national team? Ok.

Ya, I'd put Falcao 4th.

And I don't really care if I'm a minority, I think he's that good.
post #3686 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

the only "big game" was against Inter where he scored. honestly he's not even that skilled, it's almost all in the pace. when he dribbles it's rather uncontrolled bursts of pushing the ball forward and catching up to it (but he does it so fast so it's effective). and he bombs down the wing enough times firing off shots that they go in often enough.

stats is not everything but can have a look at them anyway:

this season, 36 starts, 18 goals, 7 assists
last, 48 starts 15 goals, 16 assists
2 seasons ago, 41 appearances 12 goals 3 assists

scored this season 1 against arsenal and 1 against man u
last season 1 against chelsea 1 against man city
2 seasons ago 1 against arsenal, 3 against Inter in a match they lost and 1 against Twente in the CL

really, the only big game he's played is against Inter which seems to have been a fluke and more related to the number of runs he made down that side smashing balls toward goal against a worthless defense that night.
the epl has been decreasing in quality of late which makes other teams (and their players) seem better than they are. the top has come down, rather than the bottom going up.

this is the most absurd discussion, i know "best" is subjective but even that is within limits of reality.

should stop taking the bait ...

I think your argument is absurd. He's a Welsh international and Tottenham has not been a CL team very long. Its not like he'll get a chance at a WC final with Wales bro. George Weah was one of the greatest ever and had the same problem.

Shah, you put too much weight on environment and not skill. You comment about that game against Inter is the real fluke. He destroyed that team and everyone agrees on that point. He destroys full backs all the time, he's not as technically gifted as Aaron Lennon, for example, but results count.

Lastly, Bale is a winger and has scored 18.... Falcao, a striker mind you, has 19. Hmmm.
post #3687 of 4307
bale is playing in a league with crap defenders, destroying english fullbacks all the time isn't an accomplishment worthy of being labeled 3rd best in world. not sure what else you have to go by since indeed he doesn't have the opportunity to play anywhere else. which is why this is so subjective and absurd
post #3688 of 4307
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabonator View Post

Give a name that shows up in a big game? When has Bale even played in a big game?

Bale hasn't played in any big games. A team struggling to make 4th in the EPL, bowing out of the CL (if reaching it at all)...

Gimme a break.

Argument disproven alone by Messi (1), Ronaldo (2), Iniesta (3). Therefore, Bale =/= 3.
post #3689 of 4307
lets assume for a second he is so great. so everyone here, the whole world in fact, is blind, because players who display only potential are thrown huge contracts and transfer fees to secure their services. like Torres back in the day, like player X from man city squad, like $503 x 10^6 for Ronaldo, or anyone recently headed to PsG. clubs tend to sniff out potential and assess the cost/benefit and associated risk of pursuit. why is it then that nobody else sees the value in dropping hot cash for this ape ?

but who knows on this inflated market (and epl in particular) the summer transfer may prove surprising. I have reservations nonetheless ...
post #3690 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Bale hasn't played in any big games. A team struggling to make 4th in the EPL, bowing out of the CL (if reaching it at all)...

Gimme a break.

Argument disproven alone by Messi (1), Ronaldo (2), Iniesta (3). Therefore, Bale =/= 3.

And he plays international football for Wales...

He is maybe lacking the experience of big World Cup or European Championship pressure games..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)