or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012) - Page 220

post #3286 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

On Dortmund?
Reus, Lewandowski, Santana, Hummels, Subotic, Götze, Blazycowski (sp?)... just a few good players there biggrin.gif
Agree - Dortmund has the power to take it. If they can keep their initial 11 on the field all through the competition, I'll bet they could.

^^ a man that knows his game, touche. I make an effort to watch this side. I never do that, even with the Ronaldinho/Toure/Eto'o Barca side.
post #3287 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

Dortmund isn't going to do anything , no depth
Man city spend a billion and get 3pts in group stage finishing dead last...

Want to put some $ on it? 100$ on a SF place?
post #3288 of 4307
No because it looks like there's a pitchfork and torch party out to get you banned and if they succeed I won't be able to collect when I win biggrin.gif
post #3289 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

No because it looks like there's a pitchfork and torch party out to get you banned and if they succeed I won't be able to collect when I win biggrin.gif

Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated. I'll even PM my email address.
post #3290 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

Dortmund isn't going to do anything , no depth
Man city spend a billion and get 3pts in group stage finishing dead last...

Well they've already done a hell of a lot more than City, and those two points being side by side doesn't help your argument. I'll restate what I said earlier that they won't win, but they've got the quality to beat any team (but later in the competition, injury and fatigue will play their part). Think of Newcastle this season compared to last. Very similar situation in regards to having a quality first XI but little in the way of quality subs. Can't really see Dortmund going past the quarter finals, unless Klopp were to make the rare decision to sacrifice the league for a shot at the cup.
post #3291 of 4307
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard369 View Post

Well they've already done a hell of a lot more than City, and those two points being side by side doesn't help your argument. I'll restate what I said earlier that they won't win, but they've got the quality to beat any team (but later in the competition, injury and fatigue will play their part). Think of Newcastle this season compared to last. Very similar situation in regards to having a quality first XI but little in the way of quality subs. Can't really see Dortmund going past the quarter finals, unless Klopp were to make the rare decision to sacrifice the league for a shot at the cup.

Yes - essentially what I was saying. If they could manage to field their XI consistently through CL, I bet they could. But it will come down to managing all competitions, and there they'll run into some problems.
post #3292 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard369 View Post

Well they've already done a hell of a lot more than City, and those two points being side by side doesn't help your argument. I'll restate what I said earlier that they won't win, but they've got the quality to beat any team (but later in the competition, injury and fatigue will play their part). Think of Newcastle this season compared to last. Very similar situation in regards to having a quality first XI but little in the way of quality subs. Can't really see Dortmund going past the quarter finals, unless Klopp were to make the rare decision to sacrifice the league for a shot at the cup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Yes - essentially what I was saying. If they could manage to field their XI consistently through CL, I bet they could. But it will come down to managing all competitions, and there they'll run into some problems.

Unfortunately, this is true to an extent. Larger sides inevitably have an advantage because they have fresher legs and it takes a lot of team chemistry to overcome it. Also unfortunate that they are in a different era than '95 Ajax in respect to depth, number of competitive games and schedule compression.

But, purist in me says this is the best team in Europe. Everyone who watches them agrees. Some of that link-up play and inter-passing against City was beautiful to see. I wish there was more bandwidth in modern Football to appreciate how good this side is. Unfortunately they will likely never get the credit they deserve and the manager wont be recognized until he manages Bayern, the national team or the ilk.
post #3293 of 4307
I am dreading tomorrow
post #3294 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLester View Post

I am dreading tomorrow

Still a chance....
post #3295 of 4307
What's the breakdown for Chelsea going through? A win (near certainty, yes?) coupled with either a draw or Juventus win gets them where? I thought tiebreakers were goal differential, but yesterday with the Europa League slots I believe I was hearing about head-to-head records.
post #3296 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullytra View Post

What's the breakdown for Chelsea going through? A win (near certainty, yes?) coupled with either a draw or Juventus win gets them where? I thought tiebreakers were goal differential, but yesterday with the Europa League slots I believe I was hearing about head-to-head records.

The only way to advance is if Chelsea and Shakhtar both win.
post #3297 of 4307
my new favorite club lol

go get em gentlemen

post #3298 of 4307
more mojo

post #3299 of 4307
it is 32 degrees in Donetsk, nice and chilly for the Italian visitors.
post #3300 of 4307
Scored 6 including Torres double against crap opposition but Chelsea make history by being first holders to fail at group stages lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)