or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012) - Page 212

post #3166 of 4307
Defense and goalkeeper is also a serious weakness for Chelsea.
post #3167 of 4307
basically roman gotta spend like a proper sugar daddy next season cuz this patchwork disaster isn't going anywhere

post #3168 of 4307
^Cech is not a good captain. With JT & Frank out we lack the experienced leadership which is clear. Honestly, some games we have played with 10 player on the pitch with Torres not really doing anything at all. Especially the West Brom game - he did nothing. I know there is all this talk of Falcao, who is an amazing player, but I would rather get a cheaper player. We have not had a good track record with strikers, so let's not spend a massive fortune on a single player.

I do not see Robbie going anywhere. He inherited a team of 2 strikers who can't find the back of the net. Torres who is scared to take a shot and Sturridge who can't finish. If we could have a striker who could score every 2 or 3 games we would be in a different situation. We do have a younger team now which is a complete turn from the past, so I think it will take a bit of time to gel as you said.

As for Reynard's comment - Cech is a fantastic keeper, so I'm not sure what you mean. We do have a great young goalkeeper on loan at Atletico now. Defensively we lack the discipline and are really missing JT in the back.
post #3169 of 4307
hitler is rolling in his grave



yeah i said it !!
post #3170 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by xudisco07 View Post

^Cech is not a good captain. With JT & Frank out we lack the experienced leadership which is clear. Honestly, some games we have played with 10 player on the pitch with Torres not really doing anything at all. Especially the West Brom game - he did nothing. I know there is all this talk of Falcao, who is an amazing player, but I would rather get a cheaper player. We have not had a good track record with strikers, so let's not spend a massive fortune on a single player.
I do not see Robbie going anywhere. He inherited a team of 2 strikers who can't find the back of the net. Torres who is scared to take a shot and Sturridge who can't finish. If we could have a striker who could score every 2 or 3 games we would be in a different situation. We do have a younger team now which is a complete turn from the past, so I think it will take a bit of time to gel as you said.
As for Reynard's comment - Cech is a fantastic keeper, so I'm not sure what you mean. We do have a great young goalkeeper on loan at Atletico now. Defensively we lack the discipline and are really missing JT in the back.

Cech was a world class keeper. He just makes too many boneheaded mistakes now. So while he's still very good on his day, I expect to see Courtois between the sticks at Stamford Bridge in the not-too-distant future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

hitler is rolling in his grave

yeah i said it !!
Honestly though, you could make a graph like that for pretty much every national team: England, US, France, etc.
post #3171 of 4307
http://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-wenger-henry-return-arsenal-021603879.html

Premier League - Wenger: Henry could return to Arsenal
Former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry could be on his way back to the north London club for another spell on loan from New York Red Bulls in January, according to manager Arsene Wenger.


ffffuuuu.gif why do they tease me like this
post #3172 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard369 View Post


Honestly though, you could make a graph like that for pretty much every national team: England, US, France, etc.

Brazil? Korea?
post #3173 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

basically roman gotta spend like a proper sugar daddy next season cuz this patchwork disaster isn't going anywhere

crackup[1].gif
post #3174 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

hitler is rolling in his grave

yeah i said it !!

Good...

Nyanga is crying during the National anthem when he plays for France..

Oh I did forget to say , it is a rugby match..
post #3175 of 4307

Di Matteo sacked... Not sure whether I'm shocked or not.

post #3176 of 4307
This is fucking embarrassing. Why sack Robbie? Really, is a coach going to randomly get us to the knockout stage? No. Now it seems like Rafa is the only choice and that's another fucking joke.
post #3177 of 4307
On the one hand I am not shocked when you accept that poison chalice known as manager of Chelsea. On the other hand, I'm not sure it was entirely deserving.
post #3178 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLester View Post

The bigger question is whether RDM is the right manager at this point. I don't like throwing managers overboard every week, and Chelsea are the worst about that. But I don't see him getting the best (or even adequate) performance out of this incredibly talented group of individuals.

The only certain thing is that Roman is boiling right now.

wow nice call
post #3179 of 4307

Am I the only one that thought of Harry Redknapp?

post #3180 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwiffo View Post

On the one hand I am not shocked when you accept that poison chalice known as manager of Chelsea. On the other hand, I'm not sure it was entirely deserving.

It may be a poisoned chalice, but it comes with a multi-million pound payoff as soon as you lose a couple matches. I've just sent Roman my CV.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)