or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012) - Page 187

post #2791 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhenryhhh View Post

Ronaldo has got to be the corniest footballer right now. Laughable.
Nothing against his footballing ability of course
I didn't get to watch the match as I had one of my own. Can you elaborate?
post #2792 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard369 View Post

I didn't get to watch the match as I had one of my own. Can you elaborate?
Not sure what he meant. He played fine and clearly hurt his shoulder but stood his ground. wink.gif
post #2793 of 4307
I just think he's really cheesy. Like that "gunslinger" pose he does for freekicks, that's a bit much for me.
post #2794 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhenryhhh View Post

I just think he's really cheesy. Like that "gunslinger" pose he does for freekicks, that's a bit much for me.
It's fun. I said it once and I'll say it again, I can't understand how you (generalization) can hate on him. There are so many players to pick on who have their own schtick. The good thing for CR7 is that he can handle the hate. Actually, he gains strength from it (which leads to even more "schtickiness" tongue.gif). I bet 90% of other professional football players couldn't deal with such a polarization.

I used to really like him a couple years ago, then changed my mind and found it too much for some times. Now I'm back to appreciating him and his schtick and I feel pity for those who rant at him.
post #2795 of 4307
You seriously can't understand how people can hate on him?
post #2796 of 4307
chill guys, i got this
7099750195_31f7dff13c_o.gif

what is this crap 7LtHZ.jpg?1

very grrrr

63B1EFDB70A26DD54F427027591661.jpg

PS

badkick_medium.giftumblr_m9a86yxWDh1r2o0seo3_250.jpg

cool.gif
post #2797 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabonator View Post

You seriously can't understand how people can hate on him?
I know why they do it, but I can't understand it. Understand as in approve.
post #2798 of 4307
No, I totally understand the CR7 appeal and schtick but yeah, I still think he's lame. Great footballer though if we're just going on ability alone

I love Mario Balotelli though and find him almost impossible to hate on.
post #2799 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhenryhhh View Post

I love Mario Balotelli though and find him almost impossible to hate on.

untitled-19m0jba.gif

BalotelliParker.gif

I like him too when he doesn't tilt. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhenryhhh View Post

No, I totally understand the CR7 appeal and schtick but yeah, I still think he's lame. Great footballer though if we're just going on ability alone
It's not that I love his schtick. I love how he plays with the haters. He gains strength from their hate (srs) which shows the ridiculousness of hating on him. The "best" would be to ignore his provocations. But that won't ever happen. And I think it's amusing.
post #2800 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

It's fun. I said it once and I'll say it again, I can't understand how you (generalization) can hate on him. There are so many players to pick on who have their own schtick. The good thing for CR7 is that he can handle the hate. Actually, he gains strength from it (which leads to even more "schtickiness" tongue.gif). I bet 90% of other professional football players couldn't deal with such a polarization.
I used to really like him a couple years ago, then changed my mind and found it too much for some times. Now I'm back to appreciating him and his schtick and I feel pity for those who rant at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhenryhhh View Post

No, I totally understand the CR7 appeal and schtick but yeah, I still think he's lame. Great footballer though if we're just going on ability alone
I love Mario Balotelli though and find him almost impossible to hate on.

Anyone who says "CR7" automatically loses the argument.
post #2801 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

Rooney starting in midfield looking rather lost, RVP and Welbeck useless up front, and 2 defenders scoring ... United just know how to win I guess
Argentino donde estas ?? Kickoff in 1.5 hrs son better check yoself
(Not looking forward to the diving spectacle , alves biscuits masc sanchez pedro di maria cr7 pepe all warming up in the pool today...)

My hope is that Rooney will look equally lost in midfield every week. I think we will be unbeatable.
post #2802 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

My hope is that Rooney will look equally lost in midfield every week. I think we will be unbeatable.

Two assists in the game. Perhaps United have found their Scholes replacement...
post #2803 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwise View Post

Yes, not a bad history at all. It will be great to see West Brom up there competing for a Champions League spot this season. Signing a new 4 year contract with Jonas Olsson was a very clever move. biggrin.gif
Just saw Messi's free kick for 2-1 to Barca. Unbelievable.

Hanging onto Olsson was a great move.

There's no chance of us competing for the CL, but if we maintain this form we might just challenge for a Europa spot... Finishing higher than 10th would be a decent result though (especially as many were tipping us for relegation before the season started). We're one of the lowest spending clubs in the PL, realistically it's going to take a few good seasons to establish ourselves.
post #2804 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post

Two assists in the game. Perhaps United have found their Scholes replacement...

Well not completely - Rooney can actually tackle. LOL
post #2805 of 4307
Last night I saw the Seattle Sounders beat Portland 3-0 in front of over 66,000 fans. Not bad attendance for a regular season MLS game. Great performance from the Sounders, and from the fans. We were loud as hell.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)