or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012) - Page 124

post #1846 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

He is not world class anymore...
Could do well in a smaller team.
Maybe not world class, but still very good. A starter for most teams.
post #1847 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard369 View Post


Kaka is still a good player, just not close to the "One of the Best Players in the World" title he was a few years ago in Milan. He could, should, stay in Europe.


What about a move to the Bundesliga?

post #1848 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferin1 View Post


What about a move to the Bundesliga?
It's a possibility, though I would be surprised. Who could afford his wages? And where would he go? Schalke to replace Raul? Dortmund to replace Kagawa? Bayern would be the obvious choice, but I doubt they'd go in for him. There's also the question of the transfer fee Real would demand.
post #1849 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

News that Mourinho has told Kaká he won't play and may be shipping him back to ACMilan (heard that one before) or Corinthians (!)
Was looking back at Kaká's wiki to see where he'd played before Milan - São Paulo FC. Wonder how that transfer might go over.
Sad how quickly Kaká fell. Great player in his prime.

A comeback to Milan seems increasingly likely. The Madrid-centered and often well-informed Marca reports that Kaka's agent met with Galliani today. They estimate the possible transfer around 10 million euros, which seems a bit high of a price for an aging player who hasn't done much in the past two years. But Madrid is probably trying to milk some of Milan's fresh cash obtained with the sales of Ibra and Thiago Silva.

post #1850 of 4307
post #1851 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard369 View Post

It's a possibility, though I would be surprised. Who could afford his wages? And where would he go? Schalke to replace Raul? Dortmund to replace Kagawa? Bayern would be the obvious choice, but I doubt they'd go in for him. There's also the question of the transfer fee Real would demand.

He is too expensive for his current football ability..

Since the world cup 2006 , he has been on a downward spiral...

To kickstart his career , he would have to take a massive pay cut and work a lot..
post #1852 of 4307
U.S. women looked well today once they woke up. Alex Morgan has more to her than just speed. She did well to control the ball once it got to her. They played too many long balls for my liking. I can't really recall a time when they steadily worked their way down the field. Everything seemed to go directly from mid field over the top.

Are the men's games going to be played in London? Today the women played in Glasgow, and the announcers said their next game is at Old Trafford. It rubs me the wrong way that the Olympics are London's yet they shipped some matches all the way to Scotland.
post #1853 of 4307
You'd think they'd have enough big stadiums in London, especially since the EPL is in its "off" season. Aside from Wembley there's the Emirates, Stamford Bridge, and White Hart Lane, as well as Upton Park, Craven Cottage, and Elland Road (although these last two are kind of small, especially QPR's).
post #1854 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard369 View Post

You'd think they'd have enough big stadiums in London, especially since the EPL is in its "off" season. Aside from Wembley there's the Emirates, Stamford Bridge, and White Hart Lane, as well as Upton Park, Craven Cottage, and Elland Road (although these last two are kind of small, especially QPR's).

loftus rd for qpr - elland rd is leeds
post #1855 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post

loftus rd for qpr - elland rd is leeds
Yeah, that.
post #1856 of 4307
Crystal Palace has one as well. It has a capacity of approximately 26,000 which I think would be enough for group games. I'm sure there are more from non-EPL clubs in the vicinity.
post #1857 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullytra View Post

U.S. women looked well today once they woke up. Alex Morgan has more to her than just speed. She did well to control the ball once it got to her. They played too many long balls for my liking. I can't really recall a time when they steadily worked their way down the field. Everything seemed to go directly from mid field over the top.
Are the men's games going to be played in London? Today the women played in Glasgow, and the announcers said their next game is at Old Trafford. It rubs me the wrong way that the Olympics are London's yet they shipped some matches all the way to Scotland.
Why? The Scottish are also paying for it yet seeing very little benefit except for two or three matches at Hampden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard369 View Post

You'd think they'd have enough big stadiums in London, especially since the EPL is in its "off" season. Aside from Wembley there's the Emirates, Stamford Bridge, and White Hart Lane, as well as Upton Park, Craven Cottage, and Elland Road (although these last two are kind of small, especially QPR's).
Wembley - 90k, OT - 75k, Hampden - 50k, Millenium Stadium - 80k, Ricoh - 30k (but only 5k of the seats have actually been tested in the last 5 years), Anfield - 45k.

Also how did you manage to get two clubs like Leeds and QPR mixed up? Apart from the fact we're both in England and have white somewhere on the home kit we couldn't be more different. Except maybe Fulham. But fuck them both.
post #1858 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullytra View Post

Crystal Palace has one as well. It has a capacity of approximately 26,000 which I think would be enough for group games. I'm sure there are more from non-EPL clubs in the vicinity.
Nah, Selhurst Park doesn't have the corporate areas needed, the Den is probably too small although they should have put the hockey matches either there or at Brisbane Rd instead of building a new stadium for £20 million, then moving it 10 miles north for the paralympics and for it to live out its life as a very expensive, unofficial homeless shelter/crack den.
post #1859 of 4307
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Humphrey Appleby View Post

Also how did you manage to get two clubs like Leeds and QPR mixed up? Apart from the fact we're both in England and have white somewhere on the home kit we couldn't be more different. Except maybe Fulham. But fuck them both.

There's that charm.

Why wouldn't they play in Scotland? It's GB being represented on their "national" team, so why not have matches there too?
post #1860 of 4307
And no - the men's games aren't going to be played in London. Think all the UK ones will be though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)