or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012) - Page 107

post #1591 of 4307
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1582554_manchester-united-to-float-on-new-york-stock-exchange
Quote:
MANCHESTER UNITED are to float on the New York Stock Exchange, it has emerged. The Reds filed a 283-page registration for an Initial Public Offering with the US government. Within the report a figure of $100m is muted but it is thought United will want to raise more than that and will revise at a later date. No figures are given for how many shares will be offered and at what price. The Reds describe themselves as 'an emerging growth' company and say that Red Football Shareholder Limited, the company through whom they conduct their business will become a 'wholly-owned subsidiary of Manchester United Ltd an exempty newly-formed company with limited liability formed under the laws of the 'Cayman Islands'. The report refers to the club's '659 million followers' based on a survey they paid for which asked people who their favourite football team was. It describes United as 'one of the most popular and successful sports teams in the world' and estimates a cumulative audience of more than 4bn watched their matches last season. The report also claims more than five million United products were sold in the last year including more than two million shirts. It also points out that United's facebook page has 26 million connections compared to the New York Yankees' 5.8m and the Dallas Cowboys 4.9m and points to a commercial revenue of £103.4m from the year ending June 30, 2011.
post #1592 of 4307

Read the absurd transfer rumors or watch MLS (the more you drink, the better their play looks)

post #1593 of 4307

Yeah, there really isn't anything to watch anymore.

Even though the WC is two years from now, who do you think are the favorites to win?

post #1594 of 4307
Theres the olympics still! Although it's not as prestigious as the WC or Eurocup, it's still something
post #1595 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndvrkevin View Post

Theres the olympics still! Although it's not as prestigious as the WC or Eurocup, it's still something

Not the same , my friend..

Not the same.
post #1596 of 4307

True, the olympics are not the same, but at least we can get a glimpse of the upcoming young talent.

post #1597 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by tullytra View Post

Riding the wave that was Anderson Cooper's announcement.

Some of these people would make more news if they came out and said: Wait, hold on, contrary to all other indications, I am actually straight. This isn't ground breaking stuff anymore. I am glad its a snooze but why do I need to know the information. Perhaps they should tell us whether they are tops or bottoms as well. LOL
post #1598 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by xudisco07 View Post

In other news, AVB was appointed by Spurs. It will be interesting to see what type of players come and go this summer. They need to buy a striker because Defoe is not up to the task.

This is a bad call unless they are going to completely rebuild the team. Harry Redknap to AVB - what is night to day?
post #1599 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

This is a bad call unless they are going to completely rebuild the team. Harry Redknap to AVB - what is night to day?

I have seen Chelsea playing under AVB and they were dire..
post #1600 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

I have seen Chelsea playing under AVB and they were dire..

He seems like he is a really smart guy and if all the players are his picks they will play for him, but the Spurs are Harry's.
post #1601 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

He seems like he is a really smart guy and if all the players are his picks they will play for him, but the Spurs are Harry's.

There was too much players power at Chelsea to leave him total control of the team..

The losing streak /slump mid-season was fatal..
post #1602 of 4307
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

Some of these people would make more news if they came out and said: Wait, hold on, contrary to all other indications, I am actually straight. This isn't ground breaking stuff anymore. I am glad its a snooze but why do I need to know the information. Perhaps they should tell us whether they are tops or bottoms as well. LOL

THIS. I don't care. I don't really want to know.

PLEASE PLEASE let me know who wears the strap-on as well... sheesh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

He seems like he is a really smart guy and if all the players are his picks they will play for him, but the Spurs are Harry's.

And it's already begun. Confirmation of AVB's Spurs signing Icelandic intl. Gylfi Sigurdsson from Hoffenheim (on loan last year at Swansea). Bargain deal, I suspect.
post #1603 of 4307
Thread Starter 
Oh dear lord, let it begin.

Xavi's father claims that Spain's internal relationship was saved ONLY by the friendship between his son and Iker Casillas.

facepalm.gif

Also, Inter apparently about to cut Forlán's contract very early. Lucio heading to Juventus.

Inter revamp. Going to be interesting what they do w/o Champion's League funds.
post #1604 of 4307
Thread Starter 
Someone PLEASE tell me how England and their abysmal performance at Euro2012 managed to climb +2 places in the FIFA world rankings?

England - 4th best team in the world?!?>!?!?!?!>DALHAFLMKDV
post #1605 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Someone PLEASE tell me how England and their abysmal performance at Euro2012 managed to climb +2 places in the FIFA world rankings?
England - 4th best team in the world?!?>!?!?!?!>DALHAFLMKDV < div="">

 

Thats a joke. Apparently England is better than Brazil, Argentina, etc...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)