or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012) - Page 80

post #1186 of 4307
As an English supporter, it never gets easier.
post #1187 of 4307
FORZA AZZURRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #1188 of 4307
With the exception of the extra time, which neither team seemed to want to win, the game was quite good. Disappointed in the result but England and Italy were very evenly matched. Germany should cut through Italy with reckless abandon.
post #1189 of 4307

Pirlo's penalty was a great indicator for the match he played. Amazing player!

post #1190 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post
Germany should cut through Italy with reckless abandon.

 

This.

 

England did nothing in that game to warrant a win, it's a shame.

post #1191 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

This.

England did nothing in that game to warrant a win, it's a shame.

England defended very well. Italy was extremely poor in the final third and passing in your own half may drive possession but has not affect on the overall result. Was there more than a brief moment or two when England looked troubled by Italy? In regular and extra time Italy did absolutely nothing to win either.
post #1192 of 4307
IDK if we watched the same game: 35 shots to 9; 16 shots on goal to 4, hit the post twice. Poor finishing for sure, but not for the lack of causing trouble.
post #1193 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

England defended very well. Italy was extremely poor in the final third and passing in your own half may drive possession but has not affect on the overall result. Was there more than a brief moment or two when England looked troubled by Italy? In regular and extra time Italy did absolutely nothing to win either.

I dont agree. Italy were by far the most aggressive side. England played a hair better than France did yesterday, which means they were pretty bad.

All in all, this cup has been underwhelming to say the least. This match was not much better than a mid table 2nd division game from the Estonian League.
post #1194 of 4307

England played well early on but it simply faded..the only real opportunities England had were on counters and even that didn't go so well. If Mario would finish on his chances the score would have been much different. Either way it was interesting but I think Germany will have the upper hand on Italy as long as they don't start diving.

post #1195 of 4307
Have to say I don't know how many cars with Italian flags honked and harassed us all the way back. Curse of being an England supporter I reckon. Maybe England were poor but Italy can't claim they were great either.
post #1196 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwiffo View Post

Have to say I don't know how many cars with Italian flags honked and harassed us all the way back. Curse of being an England supporter I reckon. Maybe England were poor but Italy can't claim they were great either.
Italy deserve to go through. We had the better of the first half but we didn't dominate it and after half time they were all over us.

Milner facepalm.gif
Walcott facepalm.gif
Rooney facepalm.gif
Welbeck facepalm.gif

Was pleasantly surprised by Gerrard scoring his penalty, thought he looked a bit nervous so was a shock when he smashed it in like that.

Edit: Forgot about that epic fuck up Young, how many dives did he do? Its pathetic whoever he plays for.
Edited by Sir Humphrey Appleby - 6/24/12 at 3:53pm
post #1197 of 4307
Buffon made some saves that Pat Jennings would have been proud of.
post #1198 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwiffo View Post

Have to say I don't know how many cars with Italian flags honked and harassed us all the way back. Curse of being an England supporter I reckon. Maybe England were poor but Italy can't claim they were great either.

Italy was better and had the best chances...

England did not play badly at all but their players were exhausted in the second half...

Pirlo is a great player..
post #1199 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Humphrey Appleby View Post

Italy deserve to go through. We had the better of the first half but we didn't dominate it and after half time they were all over us.
Milner facepalm.gif
Walcott facepalm.gif
Rooney facepalm.gif
Welbeck facepalm.gif
Was pleasantly surprised by Gerrard scoring his penalty, thought he looked a bit nervous so was a shock when he smashed it in like that.
Edit: Forgot about that epic fuck up Young, how many dives did he do? Its pathetic whoever he plays for.

^^ Welbeck especially. He appears to have caught Benzema Syndrome.
post #1200 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

^^ Welbeck especially. He appears to have caught Benzema Syndrome.

Benzema was awful...

What a let down from a very good player..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)