or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012) - Page 77

post #1141 of 4307

Soccer

Because he definitely didn't deliver performances worthy of his club price tag

France looks like they don't know how to attack, don't know how Malouda got the start over Nasri, he's beyond useless. Benzema looks ragged, but there isn't much of a choice there. Cabaye needs a talking to
post #1142 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post

Everyone I talk to. Every time his name is brought up some takes a crack at him.
Not sure why. There's his obvious struggles at Chelsea, but he's been decent recently. Certainly think he should be starting up top for Spain right now.
post #1143 of 4307
^^probably in some cafe next to the absinthe bottle.


I think people are to quick to judge, Torres. I think him will prove his worth so enough.
post #1144 of 4307
bwhahahahhaaha.

L'Italia va! Si prevarrà!
post #1145 of 4307
Given Torres has, perhaps excepting a few glimmers since Easter, barely kicked his own arse for a couple of years, I think he gets away relatively lightly. Folk have been arguing for a starting place in the Chelsea team and then, when he's crap, say he needs a run, and then, when he still doesn't deliver, suggest selling Drogba to take the pressure off him. He's clearly lacked confidence but too often he's looked sluggish and his first touch has been like a landmine much of the time.
Would've thought Llorente could feel more disappointed at not getting a look in.
post #1146 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg View Post

Given Torres has, perhaps excepting a few glimmers since Easter, barely kicked his own arse for a couple of years, I think he gets away relatively lightly. Folk have been arguing for a starting place in the Chelsea team and then, when he's crap, say he needs a run, and then, when he still doesn't deliver, suggest selling Drogba to take the pressure off him. He's clearly lacked confidence but too often he's looked sluggish and his first touch has been like a landmine much of the time.
Would've thought Llorente could feel more disappointed at not getting a look in.
Reckon a three month loan to a team with lower expectations or even in an easier league would do him some good even if Chelsea will have to pay millions of pounds for their player to help another team.
post #1147 of 4307
France were totally listless. What a shit effort. They sure played the surrender stereotype tonight.

Teams give Spain too much respect. Unfortunately I think Portugal will fall right into their hands and play counter attack.

When are teams going to learn that to succeed against Spain you have to retain the ball yourself. Everyone is in such a hurry to get into the box against them, plays right into their hands.

Spain were at best average tonight. They faced a team unwilling to work for a goal.
post #1148 of 4307

Soccer

France looked quite sad. I guess now I switch allegiance to England/Balotelli. Hopefully Blanc will be kept on, the real issue they'll need to fix is finding a way not to be gutless pansies (scared in big performances, lazy in small performances, giving up once they're down)
post #1149 of 4307
Lasbar frown.gif

Would have preferred a Frog-Rostbif final to Spain or Portugal. Hopefully Portugal win to set up a final against England so we can play the winker and I'm guaranteed sweepstake winnings.
post #1150 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Humphrey Appleby View Post

Lasbar frown.gif
Would have preferred a Frog-Rostbif final to Spain or Portugal. Hopefully Portugal win to set up a final against England so we can play the winker and I'm guaranteed sweepstake winnings.

We have an average team...

There is qualm about that..

Good players , no shape , no direction ...

Our problem is most players never play together in league games...

We limited Spain most of the time but nothing else..

Benzema was awful..
post #1151 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

We have an average team...
There is qualm about that..
Good players , no shape , no direction ...

Our problem is most players never play together in league games...

Lyon-Arsenal-Valence-Lyon-Lille-Rennes-Newcastle-Chelsea-Bayern-Real Madrid..

We limited Spain most of the time but nothing else..

Benzema was awful..
post #1152 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

We have an average team...
There is qualm about that..
Good players , no shape , no direction ...
Our problem is most players never play together in league games...
We limited Spain most of the time but nothing else..
Benzema was awful..

No steak frites in the final. Looks like Tapas and Brotworst.

Benzema was total shit. Look at around minutes 78 or 80, Ribery charges the box, creates some space and while (dont know who) charged the box, fucking Benzema was jogging in like a fat man on a neighborhood run. I was have subbed his ass right there.
post #1153 of 4307
That was a ridiculous performance from France. They rarely pressured, and Spain didn't have to get out first gear. I know that it was risky for France to push forward, but if you are down by a goal and you want to advance in the competition, that is what you do. France cannot match Spain on talent, but they could have at least run faster for 50/50 balls and crowded the Spanish more. Instead, much of the game was a Spanish passing clinic.

The Alonso header was quality, but where were the French defenders? He had acres of space.
post #1154 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLester View Post

That was a ridiculous performance from France. They rarely pressured, and Spain didn't have to get out first gear. I know that it was risky for France to push forward, but if you are down by a goal and you want to advance in the competition, that is what you do. France cannot match Spain on talent, but they could have at least run faster for 50/50 balls and crowded the Spanish more. Instead, much of the game was a Spanish passing clinic.
The Alonso header was quality, but where were the French defenders? He had acres of space.

The plan backfired..

France likes to play possession like Spain bt the latter is a lot better at it..

Let's be honest , Spain did not have so many shots at goals..

France tried to play like Italy or England but it is not their game and got punished...
post #1155 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post


The plan backfired..
France likes to play possession like Spain bt the latter is a lot better at it..
Let's be honest , Spain did not have so many shots at goals..
France tried to play like Italy or England but it is not their game and got punished...

Saw the same thing, a passing team that couldn't play a passing game against superior passers who then tried to implement an English/Chelsea style fortress in the box but, being unfamiliar with it, were largely ineffective. Have to wonder what an effect Nasri would have had if he started; he's no Iniesta, but he's top quality and can create some wonderful chances

 

Query: Does England park or charge against Italy?

 

Portugal v. Spain will be fun to watch so long as they don't try to bunker up (which seems to be what I'm saying before every Spain match; too bad we can't see the SA teams play, they don't tend to shy away from such challenges)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)