or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What to Wear With Shorts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What to Wear With Shorts?

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 

I have been wearing my jogging shoes with shorts, and I am thinking it is time to go with something else. I need something versatile like a dark navy that I can wear with varied colored shorts. 

 

 

Any suggestions? Please post link of recommendation so I can buy them.

 

 

Thank you in advance.

post #2 of 17

For what event will you be wearing it? Kidding.

post #3 of 17
Loafers and a dress/sport suit untucked
post #4 of 17

I tend to just wear an untucked shirt, preferably with a BD collar. And I brogues sockless because I'm a hopeless Wooster imitator.

 

Personally, it's always preferable to wear summer weight trousers than shorts... I don't like calves.

post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsmoreshoes View Post

Personally, it's always preferable to wear summer weight trousers than shorts... I don't like calves.

 

Summer weight trousers are grossly underrated.

post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sns23 View Post

Loafers and a dress/sport suit untucked


I assume you would wear them sockless? A lot of other people recommended the same. I am having a hard time picturing what kind of loafers would look good sockless with shorts (other than boat shoes, which I guess really aren't loafers anyway). I assume it would have to be a more casual loafer as opposed to a dressier one.

post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post


I assume you would wear them sockless? A lot of other people recommended the same. I am having a hard time picturing what kind of loafers would look good sockless with shorts (other than boat shoes, which I guess really aren't loafers anyway). I assume it would have to be a more casual loafer as opposed to a dressier one.

Penny loafer (cordovan, suede, pebble grain, calf), tassel loafer (cordovan, suede, calf), driving loafer (suede, calf), Venetian loafer (cordovan, calf).
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post


I assume you would wear them sockless? A lot of other people recommended the same. I am having a hard time picturing what kind of loafers would look good sockless with shorts (other than boat shoes, which I guess really aren't loafers anyway). I assume it would have to be a more casual loafer as opposed to a dressier one.


Super low no show socks
post #9 of 17
Canvas sneakers
post #10 of 17
flip flops
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

Canvas sneakers

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford View Post

flip flops


Yeah, I think this is the way to go. No matter how many people say that penny loafers look good with shorts, I just can't wrap my head around it.

post #12 of 17

Vans. Some clean Era's will never do you wrong. (No-show socks are mandatory)

post #13 of 17
post #14 of 17
Khaki shorts, bandy legs and sockless loafers - the middle aged, middle income, middle America boring off-duty equivalent of the khakis and button down drone uniform - on display at shopping malls and diners throughout the country on any spring-summer weekend. Don't do it!

Try shorts with short sports socks to cover up those sparrow's ankles, and Stan Smiths, Gazelles or Sambas (not black ones). But in reality, after admittedly sporting this look in the past, I think it's much better to get some white jeans. light-coloured khakis or linen trousers and pair with bucks or driving mocs. Don't give me any guff about the heat, I do this regularly in the summer in Houston, which has arguably the hottest summer climate in the country outside of Arizona.
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post

Khaki shorts, bandy legs and sockless loafers - the middle aged, middle income, middle America boring off-duty equivalent of the khakis and button down drone uniform - on display at shopping malls and diners throughout the country on any spring-summer weekend. Don't do it!

You forgot to mention the Tommy Bahama shirt.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What to Wear With Shorts?