or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread - Page 56

post #826 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman View Post

I'm interested in the Keats as well. Color would be a major factor for me. I'm looking for something oxblood or burgundy, otherwise I don't think I'd be interested. I would be willing to do something interesting, though, like the same color suede inside the adeleide U by the lacing.

This, other than a less red color, is the inspiration of doing a Keats in burgundy with a burgundy suede U-throat.

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2011/11/todays-favorites-anthony-delos.html

post #827 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman View Post

This, other than a less red color, is the inspiration of doing a Keats in burgundy with a burgundy suede U-throat.
http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2011/11/todays-favorites-anthony-delos.html

I'd also be willing to do this as a the Moore, but I'd prefer to try it as a Keats

post #828 of 995
I might be interested in AS Alex in dark grey color.
post #829 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman View Post

I'm interested in the Keats as well. Color would be a major factor for me. I'm looking for something oxblood or burgundy, otherwise I don't think I'd be interested. I would be willing to do something interesting, though, like the same color suede inside the adeleide U by the lacing.

Oxblood, Dark Gray or #8 would work for me. I plan to wear them to work so I'd be willing to do a matching suede throat like your picture but nothing contrasting/ very flashy.

I'm still unsure about the Alex but keeping it a hand grade last (48, 53) gives the option for wide sizing which would appeal to more SFers, myself included.
post #830 of 995
Thread Starter 
I'm very interested in an antiqued grey Alex with a pingrain strap and maybe an antique edge trimming (instead of black, but flexible on this), on a 724 (on an F which is a rather generous last).

Julian, is an antiqued dark grey possible?
Edited by DpprDr - 1/10/13 at 6:25am
post #831 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsuo View Post

Oxblood, Dark Gray or #8 would work for me. I plan to wear them to work so I'd be willing to do a matching suede throat like your picture but nothing contrasting/ very flashy.

I'm still unsure about the Alex but keeping it a hand grade last (48, 53) gives the option for wide sizing which would appeal to more SFers, myself included.

If Keats in Oxblood with a matching suede throat - count me in! I would love to get those!
post #832 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey View Post

If Keats in Oxblood with a matching suede throat - count me in! I would love to get those!

I think that makes 3. Need 3 more brave souls.
post #833 of 995
AFPOS,

Any teaser photos of the Blakes making their way out of AS?

Thanks
post #834 of 995
Sorry for the bad news confirmation, but AS exclusive can't be sold ouside of the EU. Email of AFPOS:


"I'd like to take this opportunity to draw your attention to the fact that since January 15th (today) we are now no longer able to sell AS Exclusive outside of the EU market due to AS licensing agreements. In future therefore we would only be able to sell you AS Country, Sanders, accessories etc and not AS Exclusive standard collection. Since your Radwell order is already in place, we will of course honour this, but sadly after today that will no longer be possible. We hope to be able to continue with our hugely successful MTO SF programme though, since these would be shoes not available elsewhere they would not fall under the rules of any licensing agreement."
post #835 of 995
I am not surprised, AS wants to protect US based retailers. this is understandable.
post #836 of 995
This policy affects not only the US market. I don't think there is an AS retailer in Russia, for example. it's a shame, but this is their choice. Will have to look for nice shoes from their competitors.
post #837 of 995

Does that mean US based AS dealers can't ship outside the States too? 

post #838 of 995
Thread Starter 
Interesting concept. Alden has a similar policy. The complications of the Internet age.
post #839 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post

Sorry for the bad news confirmation, but AS exclusive can't be sold ouside of the EU. Email of AFPOS:


"I'd like to take this opportunity to draw your attention to the fact that since January 15th (today) we are now no longer able to sell AS Exclusive outside of the EU market due to AS licensing agreements. In future therefore we would only be able to sell you AS Country, Sanders, accessories etc and not AS Exclusive standard collection. Since your Radwell order is already in place, we will of course honour this, but sadly after today that will no longer be possible. We hope to be able to continue with our hugely successful MTO SF programme though, since these would be shoes not available elsewhere they would not fall under the rules of any licensing agreement."

Guess that is to protect the rather high prices at Leffot for the AS Exclusive.

Hope G&G doesn't follow suit with Bespoke England.

My complaint with this policy is that alot of retailers simply don't stock much of a product run. I think Leffot is a great store, but their available stock in my size is very limited. It almost feels as if the stock offerings serve to entice the MTO market.

A disappointing development.
post #840 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrydog View Post

Guess that is to protect the rather high prices at Leffot for the AS Exclusive.

Hope G&G doesn't follow suit with Bespoke England.

My complaint with this policy is that alot of retailers simply don't stock much of a product run. I think Leffot is a great store, but their available stock in my size is very limited. It almost feels as if the stock offerings serve to entice the MTO market.

A disappointing development.


I agree. It is a lousy policy and Leffot in particular carries very limited stock and sizes, never any size above 11. I myself will have them shipped to EU address.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread