Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Franceschetti Green Suede Chukkas - 44 - New Price! Last post on 2/13/12 at 5:48pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread - Page 51
Styleforum Top Picks
So I spoke to Sarah re: the incorrect width and, to their credit, they are willing to take the shoes back.
Problem is that it turns out that shipping back to the UK is close to $90 because of the weight. So before I go to all that hassle, if anyone who missed out on the Benson pre-order is interested in taking this pair off my hands, I would be willing to take a $90 hit (which is the cost of shipping to the UK) and pass these along to someone who they will fit.
Luckily my pair are finished perfectly acceptably (sorry Sartorial Splendor!) but are sized as 10F (not the 10E requested). They will come with everything I ordered, lasted shoe trees and inlaid metal toe taps.
All in, I ended up paying $920 for these and would take $825 shipped in the U.S. Otherwise, back to England they go. Let me know via PM if anyone is interested.
Me too. It is a $1,000 mistake and I am not sure of what to do. It seems that whomever knew about the fit of cordovan at AS should have mentioned it to the rest of us.
So far about 4 or 5 people mentioned that the width was wrong on their Benson. I have 2 more shoes in the pipeline and I hope they are OK, otherwise I am out few thousand dollars on shoes that I will not wear. Horrible situation to be in. This never happened to me with G&G or Vass and beleive you me, I order a lot of shoes, a lot!
I got the whiskey Ramseys and also have a pair of navy calf Ramseys.
They feel pretty much the same and I think any difference in feel is due to the whiskeys being brand new and the navy being broken in.
I think any difference in calf versus cordovan fit is vastly overstated.
I've got literally dozens of pairs of Aldens on the Barrie last all the same marked size. I can think of only two pairs that fit noticeably different from the rest and they're both calf.
out of curiosity does your heel slip when you walk? Mine are actually really comfortable but my heels slip up when walking so I dont know if its because the sole needs to break in a bit or if they are a bit big.
In my limited experience (just one pair of AS), the heels are a little wider than other makers e.g. C&J, Church, Cheaney. I often take a wide fitting for more room across the toes. But even AS's standard fitting is a touch sloppy in the heel for me. I guess it's just a matter of finding lasts that work well for you.
The Miller boot was £650 including VAT, whereas the Galway is £770 including VAT (in calf). If they made a cordovan version of the Galway/Shannon it would be perhaps £100 more than that.
I think I am almost set with Bal boots. The AS makes 3 and I have a Wigmore on it's way. Maybe Shannon will be the last of the set.
- A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 50 seconds ago
- › Nick's Boots 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 6 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers