Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Franceschetti Green Suede Chukkas - 44 - New Price! Last post on 2/13/12 at 5:48pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread - Page 51post #751 of 99512/21/12 at 6:31pmpost #752 of 99512/21/12 at 6:40pmpost #753 of 99512/21/12 at 7:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by CHRK33
So I spoke to Sarah re: the incorrect width and, to their credit, they are willing to take the shoes back.
Problem is that it turns out that shipping back to the UK is close to $90 because of the weight. So before I go to all that hassle, if anyone who missed out on the Benson pre-order is interested in taking this pair off my hands, I would be willing to take a $90 hit (which is the cost of shipping to the UK) and pass these along to someone who they will fit.
Luckily my pair are finished perfectly acceptably (sorry Sartorial Splendor!) but are sized as 10F (not the 10E requested). They will come with everything I ordered, lasted shoe trees and inlaid metal toe taps.
All in, I ended up paying $920 for these and would take $825 shipped in the U.S. Otherwise, back to England they go. Let me know via PM if anyone is interested.
Me too. It is a $1,000 mistake and I am not sure of what to do. It seems that whomever knew about the fit of cordovan at AS should have mentioned it to the rest of us.
So far about 4 or 5 people mentioned that the width was wrong on their Benson. I have 2 more shoes in the pipeline and I hope they are OK, otherwise I am out few thousand dollars on shoes that I will not wear. Horrible situation to be in. This never happened to me with G&G or Vass and beleive you me, I order a lot of shoes, a lot!post #754 of 99512/21/12 at 7:25pmpost #755 of 99512/21/12 at 9:01pmpost #756 of 99512/21/12 at 9:44pmQuote:
I got the whiskey Ramseys and also have a pair of navy calf Ramseys.
They feel pretty much the same and I think any difference in feel is due to the whiskeys being brand new and the navy being broken in.
I think any difference in calf versus cordovan fit is vastly overstated.
I've got literally dozens of pairs of Aldens on the Barrie last all the same marked size. I can think of only two pairs that fit noticeably different from the rest and they're both calf.post #757 of 99512/21/12 at 9:52pmpost #758 of 99512/21/12 at 9:52pmpost #759 of 99512/21/12 at 10:00pmQuote:
out of curiosity does your heel slip when you walk? Mine are actually really comfortable but my heels slip up when walking so I dont know if its because the sole needs to break in a bit or if they are a bit big.post #760 of 99512/21/12 at 11:22pmpost #761 of 99512/22/12 at 3:26ampost #762 of 99512/22/12 at 3:33am
In my limited experience (just one pair of AS), the heels are a little wider than other makers e.g. C&J, Church, Cheaney. I often take a wide fitting for more room across the toes. But even AS's standard fitting is a touch sloppy in the heel for me. I guess it's just a matter of finding lasts that work well for you.post #763 of 99512/22/12 at 5:30amQuote:
The Miller boot was £650 including VAT, whereas the Galway is £770 including VAT (in calf). If they made a cordovan version of the Galway/Shannon it would be perhaps £100 more than that.post #764 of 99512/22/12 at 5:39ampost #765 of 99512/22/12 at 5:50amThread StarterQuote:
I think I am almost set with Bal boots. The AS makes 3 and I have a Wigmore on it's way. Maybe Shannon will be the last of the set.
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Wedding in September - Mostly know what I want 5 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 11 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 11 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 30 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 31 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...