or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread - Page 49

post #721 of 995
^ fit pic coming up!
post #722 of 995

post #723 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrydog View Post

Two pics.

Shows the grainy texture of the toe.

Great job. note the beveled edge of the toe tap.

yeah noticed the grainy texture on the toe. probably from stretching
post #724 of 995
not as much as creasing as me. How do you like yours?

On another note my shoe trees are stamped on the bottom as 9.5E on the 724 last for J.K. so I just gotta throw in a thin insert
post #725 of 995
Big thanks to Sarah and Julian for the expedited handling and super speedy delivery. Arrived in Cali within 2 days of payment. They also included a jar of cordovan saphir to match the boots and last but not least, reading material for more AS inspiration.

post #726 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

not as much as creasing as me. How do you like yours?
On another note my shoe trees are stamped on the bottom as 9.5E on the 724 last for J.K. so I just gotta throw in a thin insert
Feels a little loose. Might use an insole. The ones I posted are very comfortable and can become very thin if you remove the rubber layer and just leave the leather
post #727 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Feels a little loose. Might use an insole. The ones I posted are very comfortable and can become very thin if you remove the rubber layer and just leave the leather

I will pick up a pair from them in the next couple days. I want to wear the boots around the house a bit and if I need it then order em.
post #728 of 995

Edited by NAMOR - 12/19/12 at 9:41pm
post #729 of 995
post #730 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Big thanks to Sarah and Julian for the expedited handling and super speedy delivery. Arrived in Cali within 2 days of payment. They also included a jar of cordovan saphir to match the boots and last but not least, reading material for more AS inspiration.

Thank you - both Sarah and myself really hope you enjoy your brand new Miller and Benson mtos. Looking forward to assisting you with the next creation!
post #731 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

^ I wonder if my order got changed from a F to E. I pm'ed julian to see if it did as my order summary still said 9.5F

My Benson feels like a G eventhough AFPoS says it is F.
post #732 of 995
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratorial_Splender View Post

My Benson feels like a G eventhough AFPoS says it is F.

Do you have other shoes on the same last? I generally find the sizing within the lasts pretty consistent. I took a leap with the Miller's 724 since I've never had a shoe with that last and I'm fortunate it's working out.
post #733 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


I love my C&J Somervilles and didn't have a need for another balmoral boot, but you guys did a terrific job in designing these boots. Stunning. They really are a terrific blend of color, texture, and design. I really like the shortwing. Can't wait for the Blakes to be made up.
post #734 of 995
Thanks. I'm curious about sizing. The box nor the shoe specify the exact size (width isn't listed). And I asked for the left boot to be made in an F fitting and the right on an E width. I think they flipped it frown.gif

The left foot is killing me and my right foot is a tad loose

ffffuuuu.gif
post #735 of 995
I hope I'm wrong.

Also, anyone feel a protruding piece of leather at the knuckle of the big toe?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread