Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 4:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Franceschetti Green Suede Chukkas - 44 - New Price! Last post on 2/13/12 at 5:48pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread - Page 46post #676 of 99512/18/12 at 10:30am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #677 of 99512/18/12 at 10:57amQuote:"Saratorial_Splender" The shoes are stunning, but the finish is no good. IMHO, I think for the same money, G&G does a better job.
By same money, do you mean twice the price? These aren't handgrade, these are exclusive range. My impression was that G&G cost around $1200+ for calf so a few hundred more for shell.post #678 of 99512/18/12 at 11:05ampost #679 of 99512/18/12 at 12:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by grunberg
Yes.... dark for me... doesn't look as cognac to me(((
Anyway ... anybody wants to discuss a next possible desiighn of MTO?)))))))
Julian please remind how much will be shoes in Exlusive specification group MTO (like Miller, Benson):
Thanks in advance
PS: and will there be so long wait also and deposit of money? Or will it be corrected somehow?
Yes, calf shoes mto are £490 and shoes in Shell are £590, calf boot mto are £550 and boots in Shell are £650 - bear in mind that there is a 3 to 4 months order time on all colours of shell so the quicker we order the better.
Let me know if you have any queries.post #680 of 99512/18/12 at 12:31pmpost #681 of 99512/18/12 at 2:19pmpost #682 of 99512/18/12 at 2:36pmpost #683 of 99512/18/12 at 3:11pmQuote:
Theses were supposed to be MTO made to handgrade level in shell cordovan. The only difference is the beveled waist. Paid close to $1,000 for them.post #684 of 99512/18/12 at 3:11pmpost #685 of 99512/18/12 at 5:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Saratorial_SplenderQuote:
Theses were supposed to be MTO made to handgrade level in shell cordovan. The only difference is the beveled waist. Paid close to $1,000 for them.
No, they were supposed to be handgrade style at exclusive level.post #686 of 99512/18/12 at 5:59pmpost #687 of 99512/18/12 at 6:00pmThread Starter
+1 It is tricky trying to differentiate I think when it comes to shell since the distributor (Horween) and material is the same. From my understanding of the MTO/HG, the last (19, 48, & 53 are only for MTO/HG with some exceptions), [calf] uppers, burnishing (if requested), fiddleback waist, bevelled edge, sole dressing, and packaging are better compared to the Exclusive range (of course the 'MTO' piece is default when it comes to design/color/etc.).
I personally do not get too hyped up on the soles so the Exclusive level works perfectly for me. Very happy with the whiskey Ramseys and I look forward to receiving the Cognac Millers. NYC is supposed to be sunny so maybe I can wear them on the walk home! Nothing breaks shoes/boots in better than a 2.5K walkpost #688 of 99512/18/12 at 6:11pmpost #689 of 99512/18/12 at 7:22pm
- A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 1640 Active Users (346 Members and 1294 Guests)
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 20 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 43 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 45 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vast Oxblood Balmoral Boots, size 43.5 / 10.5 3 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.