Pics or it didnt happen !!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 1:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- One question before I treat myself to Shell Cordovan Boots. Last post on 12/20/12 at 5:42pm in Classic Menswear
- Franceschetti Green Suede Chukkas - 44 - New Price! Last post on 2/13/12 at 5:48pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread - Page 42post #616 of 99512/7/12 at 11:30ampost #617 of 99512/7/12 at 12:24pmpost #618 of 99512/7/12 at 12:26pmThread Starterpost #619 of 99512/7/12 at 3:06pmpost #620 of 99512/7/12 at 4:21pmThread Starterpost #621 of 99512/10/12 at 12:38pmpost #622 of 99512/10/12 at 11:54pmpost #623 of 99512/10/12 at 11:59pmQuote:
I don't like this situation as much as anyone but if you take away the 3 month delay due to the cognac shell issue then we're right on schedule, I believe. Possibly even early.post #624 of 99512/11/12 at 12:15amcommunicate, communicate and then over communicate. this is an example of poor communication all throughout the chain. either AS or AFPOS should have been upfront with whatever significant issue they were facing as it was occurring - not months later. its unacceptable to postpone delivery by so long while not being upfront about it. if it did take 2 months to secure the shell, why wasnt that communicated? 1 month goes by, no message, im thinking, "cool, boot is being made. Ill be able to wear it before winter before it gets too wet". two month go by, "half way there". then after two months, we finally get an update, "oh btw" ... huh?!
as are most luxury products, the high-end shoe business is as much service oriented as it is product focused. it just baffles me why shoe makers, especially, grapple with this communication thing. in the case of the Miller boot, we didnt hear anything until the half way point that our boot was just started. ugh
on a positive note, props to Carmina and Vass for being able to craft a luxurious, extremely well built piece of footwear within a reasonable amount of time. I only wish AS could do the samepost #625 of 99512/11/12 at 3:26ampost #626 of 99512/11/12 at 4:03amWe are so close now to delivering both the Miller and Benson mto that I'm sure they will worth the wait - it is always a balancing act to gauge the right level and timing of the communication correctly. At AFPoS we strive to be open and above all, honest about how we do business and look after you, our customers.
As mentioned, for the Miller mto, we are just waiting on the three piece boot trees that take quite a bit of hand finishing and should be with us within a week.
The Benson mto are in the final stages of the finishing room and hopefully will be sent to us within the next two weeks.
Here are some pictures of both for youpost #627 of 99512/11/12 at 4:10ampost #628 of 99512/11/12 at 8:04ampost #629 of 99512/11/12 at 8:11ampost #630 of 99512/11/12 at 8:13am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 933 Active Users (129 Members and 804 Guests)
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 12 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 19 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 19 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 23 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 30 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...