or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread - Page 4

post #46 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Yeah, the only hesitation I have is that I have the C&J Somerville which is a brown bal boot. I am also not too much of a fan of suede.
So far AFPoS has two MTO set up (Exclusive range quality):
AS Miller Balmoral Boot using cognac shell cordovan with contrasting shaft using expresso suede (724 last)
AS Benson monkstrap using dark cognac shell cordovan (99 last)

Quick question re: the AS Benson monkstrap in dark cognac shell. I may have missed it but what color sole edge and welt was decided on? I think a light antique would be a stellar contrast if that hasn't been decided.

Also, any agreement as to leather interior liner? In maybe a dark burgundy or navy? Might be a nice further unique differentiating feature.

I agree with that.
post #47 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinepairofshoes View Post

Great thoughts on welt colour and interior colour - typically mto at this level are made with soft cream leather and would compliment Cognac Cordovan very well. Light antique would suit with a crimped edge detail.

Light antique and crimped edge sounds perfect.

Would we be able to do a different color than cream if people who buy in agree? Cream is fine though if it is the only option.
post #48 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinepairofshoes View Post

.
Current count for AS Miller = 0
Current count for AS Benson = 0
Who's going to be the first pioneer?

Count me in as #1 for the AS Benson.

If I order directly from your website, how do I include lasted tree?
post #49 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieworkwear View Post

December. I'm planning to order the EG Oundle and G&G Canterbury soon, however, so I'm a bit less interested in the Benson and Miller. I'm up for hearing what other options members are interested in though.

I've been proposing a medallion wholecut in dark shell cordovan, kinda like this:

http://alfredsargent.co.uk/exclusive-range/hurst/
post #50 of 995
I would have like to join the mto for the Ramsey cordovan earlier, but I saw the post only after the order was closed.
post #51 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinepairofshoes View Post

Great thoughts on welt colour and interior colour - typically mto at this level are made with soft cream leather and would compliment Cognac Cordovan very well. Light antique would suit with a crimped edge detail.

Final thought, I promise. shog[1].gif Any options as to the medallion on the toe? This seems like a particularly stellar choice:

233
post #52 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrydog View Post

I would use your 337 size and perhaps try the slim fit.
I am a normal width 10.5D US. I tend to be a UK 9.5 in most everything I have, though I like a very snug fit. I went with a UK9 in Lobb 8000/7000.
I have definitely found the 724 to be pretty roomy width wise in the F(normal) width. I do not think I would want to size down and keep the F. I will try a 9.5E (slim).
I know this might seem sacrilegious, but I find outsole measurements (particularly heel to toe) a pretty good indication of how the shoe will fit. If the shoe has a pretty standard width welt, I end up with a pretty narrow range of lengths across a variety of shoes in my collection. That is how I ordered the 724 in the 9.5 and it was the right choice. AFPS gives sole dimensions for most of the lasts.
Width to me is far more flexible (I have EG in both D and E and can hardly tell the difference.) The fact that the Miller boot has basically a one piece, wholecut-like vamp means it would stretch and fit nicely to my foot. So I will try the slim fitting.

Thanks for the heads up, so you intend to size down an entire size aand slim down to an "E" width? My C&J 337 measure 33cm x 11.4 as do most of my other balmoral dress shoes. Based on that, I would need a UK11.5E? The measurements for the 11.5F - 32.9cm x 11.5 - seem a little wide. An 11UK looks too short.
post #53 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Thanks for the heads up, so you intend to size down an entire size aand slim down to an "E" width? My C&J 337 measure 33cm x 11.4 as do most of my other balmoral dress shoes. Based on that, I would need a UK11.5E? The measurements for the 11.5F - 32.9cm x 11.5 - seem a little wide. An 11UK looks too short.

Yes, I will be a 9.5E.

If the sole measurements match like you said, you should be fine.
post #54 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post

Count me in as #1 for the AS Benson.
If I order directly from your website, how do I include lasted tree?

Just add both the size and width fitting and the lasted shoes on either AS99 or AS724 in the right size for your shoes.

Here are the links again:

http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/products/alfred-sargent-exclusive-benson-monk-in-cognac-cordovan-mto

http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/products/alfred-sargent-exclusive-miller-balmoral-boot-in-cognac-cordovan-mto
post #55 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post

Final thought, I promise. shog[1].gif Any options as to the medallion on the toe? This seems like a particularly stellar choice:
233

The pattern has to be as the AS Benson & AS Miller are. At this level of mto we can set the materials used and the colour and the last. Further changes would need to go up to AS Handgrade level where you can effect all items, but for a greater price.
post #56 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinepairofshoes View Post

The pattern has to be as the AS Benson & AS Miller are. At this level of mto we can set the materials used and the colour and the last. Further changes would need to go up to AS Handgrade level where you can effect all items, but for a greater price.

Thanks for confirming. About to place my preorder for the Benson.

Just wanted to confirm that the edge trim will be light antique with a crimping detail. I have seen cognac with the light antique versus dark edgetrim and it makes a world of difference in my opinion.

Thanks for putting this together and giving us the opportunity to purchase a Handgrade model that is beautiful at an Exclusive pricepoint. Hopefully, we can get enough people together to make this happen.
post #57 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRK33 View Post

Thanks for confirming. About to place my preorder for the Benson.
Just wanted to confirm that the edge trim will be light antique with a crimping detail. I have seen cognac with the light antique versus dark edgetrim and it makes a world of difference in my opinion.
Thanks for putting this together and giving us the opportunity to purchase a Handgrade model that is beautiful at an Exclusive pricepoint. Hopefully, we can get enough people together to make this happen.

Yes, we will go with the light antique welt and crimped finish - they will be fantastic, I'm sure of it.
post #58 of 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinepairofshoes View Post

Yes, we will go with the light antique welt and crimped finish - they will be fantastic, I'm sure of it.

Deposit placed...with matching lasted shoe trees.
post #59 of 995
post #60 of 995
Update! Things are starting to move.

Order count : AS Benson = 2
AS Miller = 0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Fine Pair of Shoes x Alfred Sargent MTO Thread