or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Beckham fail
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Beckham fail - Page 4

post #46 of 97
Guy looks good to me. Wouldn't sport the facial hair, but it's not bad.
post #47 of 97
The jealousy and hate around SF lately is absolutely shameful.
post #48 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

I may be ignorant, but what the fuck? You wouldn't wear a striped tie with a 2B suit? Are you a fucking idiot? There is no justification for that anywhere, ever. Even the new-school-blogging-crowd who love trousers too short and hoodies with suits don't have that kind of stupid rule.
If his shirt were any darker then it would draw focus from his face which is very dark, that would leave the entire outfit out of balance which is not the point of dressing well. Light pink and light grey have gone together for years. Are you just pulling this shit out of your arse or do you have some kind of education, training or sources for the dumb statements?

Thanks for saying this. I do wonder where some of this stuff comes from...
post #49 of 97
I thought we didn't criticize facial hair on SF, given the ugly beards in WAYW and the even uglier faces under it.
post #50 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

I may be ignorant, but what the fuck? You wouldn't wear a striped tie with a 2B suit? Are you a fucking idiot? There is no justification for that anywhere, ever. Even the new-school-blogging-crowd who love trousers too short and hoodies with suits don't have that kind of stupid rule.
If his shirt were any darker then it would draw focus from his face which is very dark, that would leave the entire outfit out of balance which is not the point of dressing well. Light pink and light grey have gone together for years. Are you just pulling this shit out of your arse or do you have some kind of education, training or sources for the dumb statements?

Perhaps pgmetcalf is having a joke at your expense...
post #51 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_H View Post

Perhaps pgmetcalf is having a joke at your expense...

That is all very well, but for 10 years people have been coming to this forum to learn, grow and ask for advice. "Joking" "Presenting your Opinion as Fact" and "Being a Dick" all have the same negative impact on people looking for genuine advice.

If he is stupid enough to think those things, then it is too late for him, but what about the guy who wants a suit for his wedding and as a result rules out light grey and pink? Despite the fact that the combination is classic and highly appropriate?

Google anything even regarding clothes and within the top 5 results SF will feature. No Question.

Uneducated statements, jokes and poorly constructed Sarcasm or Irony do nothing to further discussion, educate, inform or otherwise improve the forum as a resource for others. Its like putting notes filled with lies in a history text book.
post #52 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post


Uneducated statements, jokes and poorly constructed Sarcasm or Irony do nothing to further discussion, educate, inform or otherwise improve the forum as a resource for others. Its like putting notes filled with lies in a history text book.

 

I think you make a very valuable point. Although I think even a simpleton would realise that you've got to take what you read on an internet forum with a pinch of salt.

post #53 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeLA View Post

Come on, girls, he looks better here than any SF member has ever looked in any photo that has ever been or will be posted here. The day Foo appears 1/100th as comfortable in his costumes as Beckham does in this suit is the day the Earth spins out of orbit and slams into the Sun.

I like your use of the word 'costumes'.
post #54 of 97
If you guys really want to see douchery at it's finest and get a good laugh I suggest visiting this thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/164384/the-waywt-discussion-thread
post #55 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post


Jealous of what???
He looks stupid and there is nothing to do with jealousy..

Says who, you?

Glad you cleared that up for us!

post #56 of 97
Most of the naysayers in this thread would pay top dollar to get cock slapped by Beckham. lol8[1].gif

If only his mustache were 5cm shorter...
post #57 of 97
I'm almost as handsome as Beckham, so I understand more than many of you how he can get away with dressing in ways that are a fail for most.
post #58 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by timotune View Post

The jealousy and hate around SF lately is absolutely shameful.

Agree.

 

To the haters: Beckham has better clothes than you (he gets for free), gets a billion times more girls than you, likely has way more money than you, is a far better athlete than you, and is probably 5 x 500 times better looking than you. 

 

Deal with it.

post #59 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

Agree.

To the haters: Beckham has better clothes than you (he gets for free), gets a billion times more girls than you, likely has way more money than you, is a far better athlete than you, and is probably 5 x 500 times better looking than you. 

Deal with it.

/thread.
post #60 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

Agree.

To the haters: Beckham has better clothes than you (he gets for free), gets a billion times more girls than you, likely has way more money than you, is a far better athlete than you, and is probably 5 x 500 times better looking than you. 

Deal with it.

Victoria?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Beckham fail