I'm not generally a big fan of Beckham, but he looks pretty decent in this picture. Except the comedy beard
Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 6/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Bespoke Suits and Narrow Shoulders Last post on 12/3/12 at 7:23am in Classic Menswear
- The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest Last post on 7/21/15 at 3:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 Last post on Today at 9:40 am in Streetwear and Denim
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Beckham fail - Page 3post #31 of 975/18/12 at 12:21pmpost #32 of 975/18/12 at 1:10pmpost #33 of 975/18/12 at 1:15pmpost #34 of 975/18/12 at 1:20pmpost #35 of 975/18/12 at 3:04pmpost #36 of 975/18/12 at 3:14pmpost #37 of 975/18/12 at 3:33pmpost #38 of 975/18/12 at 4:36pmThread Starterpost #39 of 975/18/12 at 5:03pm
As a man with a beard, a change is as good as a rest. It is tidy. He has a very fit body and would probably look good in a potato sack. I think he is a great guy who has along with his flat off key social climbing wife has carved out a career beyond football. Other than having the Lancaster Spitfire and Hurricane fly over prior to the game with Germany and the Rebecca Loos affair he has shown fairly good judgment compared to say Russell the phone thrower Crowe ( so pleased when Australia claimed him)Charlie Sheen or that anti semite Mel G the drunk. Even though sports stars are not role models he has been ok. In NZ we have just watched Project Runway 9. I am now a Tim Gunn fan. He seems like a good dude with a good heart, even though his suits are dire. If you want to see ridiculous then who was the dude who made the final show that had such perfect eyebrows and high shine plastic skin that I am surprised he had anytime to use high glue gun and sewing machine. Cut David a break, Ironically I think he would make a good looking German U boat captain ( das Boot)
Brendonpost #40 of 975/18/12 at 8:42pmpost #41 of 975/18/12 at 8:47pmpost #42 of 975/18/12 at 11:29pm
Not a fan of grey suits because my own personal opinion is that they're a bit boring, a bit safe if you like. The tie is just so wrong. I wouldn't use stripes on a two button suit, plain or small dot. The tie is the wrong colour, perhaps a darker pink that the shirt or purple. The tie is too wide for the lapels on the jacket. I don't like the collar spread on the shirt either. He need to get rid of the facial hair too, the whole image is seriously wrong.post #43 of 975/19/12 at 12:47ampost #44 of 975/19/12 at 2:11amQuote:Originally Posted by pgmetcalf
Not a fan of grey suits because my own personal opinion is that they're a bit boring, a bit safe if you like. The tie is just so wrong. I wouldn't use stripes on a two button suit, plain or small dot. The tie is the wrong colour, perhaps a darker pink that the shirt or purple. The tie is too wide for the lapels on the jacket. I don't like the collar spread on the shirt either. He need to get rid of the facial hair too, the whole image is seriously wrong.
I may be ignorant, but what the fuck? You wouldn't wear a striped tie with a 2B suit? Are you a fucking idiot? There is no justification for that anywhere, ever. Even the new-school-blogging-crowd who love trousers too short and hoodies with suits don't have that kind of stupid rule.
If his shirt were any darker then it would draw focus from his face which is very dark, that would leave the entire outfit out of balance which is not the point of dressing well. Light pink and light grey have gone together for years. Are you just pulling this shit out of your arse or do you have some kind of education, training or sources for the dumb statements?
- Beckham fail
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 9 minutes ago
- › You should buy this (the open-ended e-shopping enabling thread) 13 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Maison Martin Margiela Hidden Placket Polo in size 48 (M) 14 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 15 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 17 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...