Originally Posted by msulinski
Did I post this in the wrong forum? If so, please let me know.
I just need help with a few basic questions:
1. Shoes (or sandals) that go well with khaki/navy/gray shorts
2. Are casual short-sleeve button-down shirts acceptable? Or should I stick with polo type shirts?
3. Are black shorts acceptable?
I am not expert here, there are many, but I will try to be as helpful as possible.
1. A boat shoe or casual loafer should do the trick. There has been some complaints about Sperry here recently so I would check out Sebago. I personally have a pair of brown and a pair of navy boat shoes that I wear frequently throughout the summer. As far as the loafer, a calf-skin in a cognac color is a nice touch. Also, I am not sure how old you are, but I am relatively young and mix a couple of pairs of weejuns in every once in a while.
2. I personally despise short sleeve button-downs, I think it makes the wearer look like middle management. I prefer a long sleeve linen shirt, sometimes rolling up the sleeves.
3. Again, I am not a fan of black shorts. Mix in some nantucket red, green, or yellow, it won't attract the sun and it will make you stand out a little more than the other guy wearing the black or khaki dockers shorts.
Hope this is a good, basic start.